Question on current port arrival and check in process at Port Canaveral

When I Grow Up

Mouseketeer
We last cruised in fall of 2018 and now normality (?) is returning we booked 7 nights on the Fantasy for Sept 3rd. Things are indeed different from what I have been able to find out (Castaway Club was worthless with information.) This will be our 26th cruise on DCL So the old process is ingrained. The on line check in is awful and I am not too clear as to what the processes are now. We used to park in the premium parking so we could be closer to the terminal. Can anyone give me a step by step guide on how it all works today? Many Thanks in advance

Premium lot is no more. You pull in, have your check in time verified with a CM, drop your luggage park in the garage and take the walkway from level 3 to the terminal and you will be directed from there back down to the lower level. You then officially check in, go through the security scan back up to the original check in area so you can board when your boarding group is called. Sounds a little complicated, but it moves pretty efficiently.

Premium lot is no more. You pull in, have your check in time verified with a CM, drop your luggage park in the garage and take the walkway from level 3 to the terminal and you will be directed from there back down to the lower level. You then officially check in, go through the security scan back up to the original check in area so you can board when your boarding group is called. Sounds a little complicated, but it moves pretty efficiently.
Many Thanks That helps a lot. Is the luggage drop out front or still where it was by the Premium lot? I guess the Platinum Check in is no more unless they have moved that to the lower level?

This link will help with parking info. First you pull into the port at your Port Arrival Time and follow signs to the DCL terminal. You will be directed to the curb to drop your luggage with porters. After the porters take your bags you drive to the parking garage which will be on your left. You prepay for the cruise when you enter the garage. You park where you like in the garage. If you are on level 3 you can walk over the bridge to the terminal. If you are on any other level you can take the elevator down to 3 or if you are on level 1 or 2 you can just go down to street level and walk across the street. If you walk across the bridge on level 3 you will have to go back down the escalator on the other side to get to security.

You will see a Cm who will ask your last name and cabin # and scan your port arrival form. Have that with you as you need to show it a few times. You then go through security and up the escalators to the terminal.

I can't speak to testing at the port as I have not done it at Port Canaveral. In July we tested 2 days before so didn't need to test at the port.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking

MJ

Thanks for the info. I saw on line that the KTTW cards are now placed outside the stateroom doors. Since they were scanned as you boarded do they now just scan the port arrival form? Seems like from what I read that we will be lugging our phones around to scan QR codes for the muster stations (Very good Idea) and to order food. Kind of a shame since we typically go off grid for the cruise. But I guess times change And since the prime use these days is as a camera I suppose we are used to it . Thanks for the info sounds like a lot more work for the porters these days.

Platinum still has it's own line for check in which is all the way to the end, you walk past general check in then Silver/Gold. Sometimes you have to ask people to move so you can get by. The luggage drop is right along the curb and it is really no more work for the porters. The luggage drop was just reconfigured when they remodeled the area during the shut down..

You only need the QR code when you arrive at the port: once to get into the terminal, and again when you actually go to the gangway. You won’t need it after that. You use your room number or KTTW card for everything else. You will need your phone though, since there are no longer paper Navigators. Your schedule and dining rotation are in the app. No more papers outside your door for Remy/Palo or paper tickets for shore excursions.

EDIT: You do need your phone in day 1 to do the muster station too. Also, dining menus are in the app too.

Many thanks. Should be interesting, I really like the QR code for the muster approach. Once they stopped having the drill with the people wearing the PFDs it seemed pointless to me. Are they still doing the casual dinner in Cabanas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter