Question for all OKW'ers

akghutton

DIS Veteran
My husband and I will be taking our son and my parents "home"(BWV) for the first time this summer. My mom absolutely loves Key Lime Pie. Would it be worth it to take a trip over to Olivia's for a slice?

My husband tried to buy a whole pie there to celebrate my birthday while we were there. I think it was $5/slice for 8 slices so it came out to $40!!!!!!!! you should have seen the look on his face when he heard that! needless to say, we all just split a couple pieces!

maybe they've restructured their pricing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you can obtain the recipe from the Disney recipe board. Unfortunately I don't have a link but maybe there is someone who can help.

$40 for 8 slices of pie! :eek: OMG

Key Lime Pie is so easy to make there is no reason to spend that much (although the one at Olivia's is tasty). Since I'm here, I'll post a few recipes for you. All from Disney.

Key Lime Tart
Food & Wine Festival
USA

2 C. graham cracker crumbs
1 stick melted butter
1/2 C. sugar
5 egg yolks
15 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C. Key Lime juice
1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1 can whipped topping

Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Evenly press mixture into a 9" buttered pie dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and cool. Beat the egg yolks until they are smooth. Add the condensed milk and mix. Add lime juice and mix. Place mixture into the cooled pie crust. Refrigerate for a least 4 hours. Garnish with whipped topping and lime wedges.

Key Lime Pie
Yield = 1 - 9" Pie
Dixie Landings

1- 14oz Can Condensed Milk
4 Egg Yolks
3- 4oz Key Lime Juice (depends on taste)
4 oz. Heavy Cream
1 9" Graham Cracker Pie Shell
1 ea. Lime (sliced thin)
1 pt. Whipped Cream

Method:
1.) Combine condensed milk and egg yolks in mixer and blend well.  Add Key Lime juice and blend well. 
2.) Add heavy cream and mix well.
3.) Pour into Graham Cracker Shell.
4.) Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.  Remove from oven, cool.
5.) Top with whipped cream & lime slices 

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter