Question about VIP Experiences

tstidm1

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about doing a public VIP experience during my March 12-15 trip. I’ve seen YouTube videos for the private ones. How different are the public ones? Is it worth the $349 cost for the 8 hour two park one? I enjoyed the USH one when I did it a decade ago, but there are perks to USH one (two hour tour).

When years ago doing a private, I was allowed to request what I wanted included in the tour

When I was in a general public group tour, the guide made the decisions of what we would see and do.

We did the public VIP experience in 2017. We did the 1 park only and choose IOA. I believe it was worth every penny and would love to do it again. There were 8 people in our party, 3 of us, a group of 4, and a single guy. The tour guide asked us what we wanted to ride and made sure we got to all of those rides that day. The reason I believe it was worth it, was because of the line skipping. My kids went on the fire and ice roller coaster and was brought right to the front of the line and allowed to pick their seats first. Then when they got off, they cut the line again to ride the other color and again got to pick their seats. It was a lot of running that day, but we loved the experience and think it was well worth the extra money.

The biggest differences are being in a group with others, not being able to repeat rides on tour (you can use the express line after the tour if park hours allow), and not being able to do child swap. You also don't have a lot of time to be stopping for meet and greets and stuff like that.

And yes! It is totally worth it! Especially during busy times. But the difference with Hollywood is that Orlando does not have a tram tour of the backlot. Here in Orlando the backlot is the park and the soundstages don't have as much filming as in Hollywood. Your tour guide will show you behind the scenes areas in the soundstages and at some attractions but this is all based on availability.

We almost went on a Public VIP right when Covid hit, so we had to cancel. If I had the choice of Deluxe Resort with no VIP, or Value Resort with VIP for one day, I would choose the former. I know the schools here in Georgia are on break that weekend, so I expect it will be reasonably crowded. EPs + the short trip to the parks will make it a great trip. If you don't have EPs for your non-VIP days, then the lines could be quite long.

But if you can do Deluxe Hotel and have VIP for a day (I would do it the first full day), then that would be fantastic...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter