Question about resort refillable mugs? refill after refill after refill??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsgrand0

DIS Veteran
Hello! We are excitedly planning our family's first trip for October! About the mugs....I don't see what the problem would be, but wondering if anyone else has done this and gotten looks, etc....What if we bought 1 refillable mug...filled it, dumped it into our OWN mug, then went and refilled it again, dumped it, refilled it again...you get my point. If we take our OWN cups/mugs and just buy 1 disney mug and basically refill it several times to fill our OWN cups? Just wondering if anyone has done this? I like the idea of having free drinks at the resort, but know it will not be worth buying a bunch of them, but also don't want to have to run back to food court every time we run out!

We usually get 2 mugs for the 3 of us. We get the regular dining plan so we always have extra drinks from any meal we get at the resort. On ocassion I have dumped some powerade or lemonade from my cup into my daughter's sippy cup and no one has blinked an eye. You might get looks though if you are dumping from one mug into another mug over and over again.

We like the cups as souvenirs, so we don't just look at the price of what the drinks would cost when determining the value. I would expect to spend $7 or $8 on a similar mug at a resort without getting refills.

No. Bringing mugs from home with the clear intention of buying one mug to provide drinks for a family of four is clearly NOT an appropriate use of the refillable mug program.

No. Bringing mugs from home with the clear intention of buying one mug to provide drinks for a family of four is clearly NOT an appropriate use of the refillable mug program.

Can you refill at the parks or just at your own resort?

Hello! We are excitedly planning our family's first trip for October! About the mugs....I don't see what the problem would be, but wondering if anyone else has done this and gotten looks, etc....What if we bought 1 refillable mug...filled it, dumped it into our OWN mug, then went and refilled it again, dumped it, refilled it again...you get my point. If we take our OWN cups/mugs and just buy 1 disney mug and basically refill it several times to fill our OWN cups? Just wondering if anyone has done this? I like the idea of having free drinks at the resort, but know it will not be worth buying a bunch of them, but also don't want to have to run back to food court every time we run out!

Last time I checked there was not a limit on how many refills you could get with your mug. It's your mug* you paid for it* and you are refilling it. What you do with said contents is your choice IMO. I'm sure though some others would disagree with what you are suggesting. I'd like to think that you would do the right thing and buy everyone a mug since this would be looked at as you trying to skirt around the issue:rolleyes1

OAN: I just re-read what you wrote and you are asking if anyone ever did it

I would like to say if someone technically did in fact go there, they would NOT post about it on the DIS for all to read:). Let your conscience be your guide:rolleyes1

There is a dedicated "no debate" sticky about refillable mugs at the top of the board. This kind of question is why.

I think it more what do you want to teach your kids....how to steal?:scared1:

Just IMO

Best Regards...AKK

We have always bought a mug for everyone in our party. As for your question the thought of doing what you asked about never crossed my mind, that being said No I would never attempt to do what you suggested trying to do, it seems like a lot of trouble to go thru for free drinks.

We normally stock the room fridge with beverages too, so we are not running back and forth to refill our mugs.

I don't see a difference between transferring soda from a Disney refillable mug to a big gulp mug and filling the big gulp mug directly from the fountain.

You can buy soda at the Hess mini-mart.

I think it's pretty clear that Disney's intent is that a mug will be purchased for each member of the party.

Disney does not offer 'free soda at the resort'. The deal is that you buy a mug for x number of dollars, and then you can refill it for the length of your stay. If you feel that the person buying the mug will drink enough of the offered beverages to make up the cost of the mug, then it's a good deal. If not, then you don't buy that person a mug.

Since all discussion of the refillable mug program is to take place on the FAQ thread at the top of the board, I'll be closing this. Any further questions on the mug program should be posted to that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter