Question about my cherry tree.

tc

<font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co
We've lived in our house for 4 years. The builder put in our front yard, and planted a cherry tree at the time. It is now well above my roof line. The problem is that small shoots are growing up around the trunk. This has been happening for the last three years. I'm assuming they are tree shoots, they are not weeds, you can tell they are trees growing. How can I stop this. I cut them back all summer long, but they continue to grow. The only remedy I can think of is digging up the tree, but here in Colorado, you just hate the dig up what few trees we have. Can anyone help me with this problem?

We have a cherry tree in our front yard that DH has been threatening to cut down for the past three years because of the "baby trees", there are so many of them. For now we just mow over them but long term I am not sure what you could do except cut down the tree.

TK

We have a crab apple and a dogwood that have suckers (that's what they're called) growing from the the base. I cut them off with the hedge trimmer when they appear.

That's what I've been doing, but no matter what, it looks bad. And, I have to cut them a few times a month. It's so annoying. Oh well, it looks as though I just keep whacking them down. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter