Question About Car Rental

TwinMommyDec05

Earning My Ears
So I am renting our car at the airport through Costco and we want the 4 door jeep which is considered a "full-size specialty" vehicle (alternatively, the 2 door Jeep is an "intermediate specialty"

My question is if I book an intermediate specialty, are all the Jeeps lumped together where I can select which one I want from the aisle of any of the the 3 Costco companies (Alamo, Avis, Budget or Enterprise)? I always seem to book the class of car I want only to arrive and see I could have booked 3 classes lower and chosen from the same aisle and saved a bundle...

Does my question make sense?

Please and thank you!!

I just rented a Jeep from Alamo through Costco last week. I picked up from Honolulu airport (offsite) Alamo has their own lot, and I don't think they share lot with the others. I got a 2 doors (just 2 adults) and all the 4 doors were together and 2 doors were together, we were told to pick any from the 2 doors. Given that Jeep is a popular on the island, I think they will make sure that you stay within the class.

Be sure to keep checking the price, my rental price went down by over $100 in 2 months time. We had it for 7 days and paid $253.22.

I just rented a Jeep from Alamo through Costco last week. I picked up from Honolulu airport (offsite) Alamo has their own lot, and I don't think they share lot with the others. I got a 2 doors (just 2 adults) and all the 4 doors were together and 2 doors were together, we were told to pick any from the 2 doors. Given that Jeep is a popular on the island, I think they will make sure that you stay within the class.

Be sure to keep checking the price, my rental price went down by over $100 in 2 months time. We had it for 7 days and paid $253.22.

WOW!! Right now my one-week rental is over $500 and we are 24 days out. HOPING it goes down. I guess I have to keep my reservation for the 4 door. I was HOPING they were in the same aisle and they wouldn't care which one I picked!

Anyone else have a different experience???

Just a quick (semi-related) aside...we had a rental jeep once and while it was really fun to tour in, it was ridiculous to bring our luggage to and from the airport in. There was hardly any trunk space and the kids had to put their carry-ons on their lap. Just something to keep in mind while packing

So I am renting our car at the airport through Costco and we want the 4 door jeep which is considered a "full-size specialty" vehicle (alternatively, the 2 door Jeep is an "intermediate specialty"

My question is if I book an intermediate specialty, are all the Jeeps lumped together where I can select which one I want from the aisle of any of the the 3 Costco companies (Alamo, Avis, Budget or Enterprise)? I always seem to book the class of car I want only to arrive and see I could have booked 3 classes lower and chosen from the same aisle and saved a bundle...

Does my question make sense?

Please and thank you!!

I understand your question exactly. My one experience so far with that Alamo was that it was NOT an easy upgrade/same aisle site.

In fact, they tried to pull the opposite on me: I got there at a busy time I suppose and there were no SUVs at that second, they were being brought out from the wash a few minutes apart... they tried to give me a smaller SUV than I requested. When I mentioned this to the young helper, she smirked knowingly and eventually the bigger one in my paid-for-class was available a bit later.
—-
People seem so happy w Alamo Honolulu on this site so I am trying again w them this summer. A good tip is to check in before you land (days before ok) and skip the counters/kiosk.

My experience is the same as others. There was no “choice” area at all when we rented from Alamo. We rented a full sized SUV, I checked in at the kiosk and skipped the counter. We were directed outside to wait until someone drove our SUV around to us from a remote parking lot. No choice at all. So this set up is quite different than any other place I’ve ever rented from... Rent what you want to get. I agree with Costco rental prices moving all over the place. I think I rebooked ours no less than 20 times in the months and weeks leading up to the trip and saved $100s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!