Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. The sun was out, now it's clouded over. Calling for showers. High wind warnings for tomorrow up to 65 mph gusts. I was hoping to start yard work, but that's not going to happen. I got gas yesterday and put the stablizer in it. I have the oil to change in both mowers, and new air filters for both. But I have to be able to get them out of the shed to do it, and I'm not attempting that in high winds.

@Snowysmom You will be closing yet another chapter in your story when you bid goodbye to the condo you were in, and starting another one brand new again. I wish you nothing but happiness.

No plans for the day other than some light cleaning. I have to call Dave and get the estimate for the deck, if he's had time to do it. He was putting up 2 roofs this week the last I knew.

Have a nice day.

a61d436c3c7ad20fd1e8849141a0a22a.jpg

Good morning. Packing up my laptop for the move. Doing all my last minute things including going out to get coffee.

Have a good day.
Good morning! I hope your day goes smoothly.

Up early, showered, out the door, off to Dunkin for doughnuts, coffee & bagels and in the office by 7:30. Now it's 8:30 and I feel like I've been here for 12 hours already:crazy2:.

This weekend looks full for us: it looks like it is going to rain most of tomorrow, yet be rather warm in the 70's. We may go to the flooring store and finally pick out the flooring we want (already scheduled them to come out and measure on the 12th) for the basement remodel. Maybe we will go out for breakfast or lunch while we are out. Sunday we are doing a major demo of a silo on our farm, so we have one of the big excavators being brought up from one of our sites for the weekend for that. If it is not to windy Sunday afternoon we will have a fair size bonfire that has been sitting and waiting for the right time to be burnt. Possibly have brother & sister in -law and niece over for bonfire.

We made early dinner arrangements for a family Easter get-together next Saturday. My in-laws will be in town, and we have a cool yet cordial relationship with them. I'd rather not socialize, but do so politely for my husbands behalf, and my husband barely tolerates them BUT for the sake of (current) family unity we go thru the charade. Anyway - so we figured having a meal out at a restaurant (even though we have the pick up the tab for all 11 of us, it's worth the $$$) provides a easy way to end the visit and to head off potential issues. The kids will join us, making this the first time in a few years they've seen their grandparents. As for the actual holiday, although it's not one I actively celebrate, my husband does. I'll be making him a nice Easter dinner of lamb chops, or lamb stew. We don't do Easter baskets or anything along those lines, although I did buy him a 8 pack of mini Cadbury creme eggs yesterday:laughing: because he does enjoy those! We've also been invited to my niece's easter egg roll before hand- my idea of Hell is any function with a ton of small kids yelling & hopped up on sugar, I'm not going to lie. Luckily my SIL understands and doesn't expect us to show up. Anyhow - it's been a bit since we've had a Question of The Day...

What are your plans for Easter weekend/Easter Dinner?

@easyas123 , we do celebrate Easter as a religious holiday, and Mass will be on Saturday evening, since we head to WDW on Sunday. Air tickets were so expensive this year, Sunday had the best fares, so we will head out that morning. However, we will have an early Easter meal on Saturday with my sister and her Honey, and maybe a friend or two.

Way before Disboards I have loved going to WDW for the flower show at Epcot, so that’s the primary reason for the WDW visit. I am so ready to enjoy the butterflies, topiaries and gardens at Epcot.

@easyas123 , we do celebrate Easter as a religious holiday, and Mass will be on Saturday evening, since we head to WDW on Sunday. Air tickets were so expensive this year, Sunday had the best fares, so we will head out that morning. However, we will have an early Easter meal on Saturday with my sister and her Honey, and maybe a friend or two.

Way before Disboards I have loved going to WDW for the flower show at Epcot, so that’s the primary reason for the WDW visit. I am so ready to enjoy the butterflies, topiaries and gardens at Epcot.

We may tune into St. Patricks on Saturday evening ourselves, my husband likes to once in a while. I can really appreciate the history of it.
I've done the Flower show once or twice, and it is a GREAT time to go and see all the topiaries and flowers. We have tentative plans for next year to go at somepoint in the January-May time frame, we'll see if we hit it right. Have a wonderful time & safe travels!

Happy Friday!:banana:

Just a quick pop in to say hi. Mia will be here in about 30 minutes 💕. Cleaned the house yesterday but swept the floors this morning, laundry is going on now and I still have dishes to do. I like to get everything done before she gets here since I still have to work 💻, I don't want to have to do other things while she's here.

I work dayshift tomorrow so it shouldn't mess with my sleep. I have salmon in the fridge to thaw out to make tonight. I'll make both fillets and take the other one for my lunch tomorrow. I'll throw some vegie's in the air fryer.

Supposed to rain all day, it stopped for now but should start up again ☔. I have to pick up my flat of wave petunias from the garden store this afternoon. They also spray my lawn so I get the flyer for the flower sale. They sell the wave petunias for $1 so I'm glad they send the flyer so I don't miss it. Normally I get 2 flats but this year I only bought 1 🌷.

QOTD: What are your plans for Easter weekend/Easter Dinner? - We have reservations for an early dinner to a restaurant on Sunday. We were hoping for a brunch time but they were booked. Unfortunately Jacob & Livia already had dinner plans with her family so they won't be joining us. I still make Easter baskets for each one. They get their favorite candy and I put some lottery tickets in their baskets. For Mia I have some new outfits and a stuffed bunny for her basket.
Nothing too exciting but that's not unusual. Have a great day & weekend.:wave:

Packing up my laptop for the move
I hope that the move goes as planned and your day is a happy one, leaving a place that you didn't care for to one that is filled with love.
Haven't nailed them down yet. The GK's will be with their dad for an extended weekend. We'll attend the Rise and Shine service at church, then off to breakfast/brunch somewhere. We'll probably put something on the grill later in the day.

Today is going to be warm, up in the 80's. There is a chance of rain all day, it's breezy with the wind about 20 mph. Cloudy, no sun.

This week has been so busy with Lil Joe's 1st grade performance Monday night and his game Tuesday night. After the game, when he was undressing for his shower, he called for Joe (DH) to come to him, he had a question. His right testicle was red and swollen, causing some pain. Joe called Carol (DD) in to look. She then called Chelsea (DS wife), since she is a nurse, and she recommended that Carol take him to Children's Medical Center in Dallas and just bypass our local hospital. If it turned out to be really serious, our local hospital would just send them to Children's anyway. So off Joe, Carol and Lil Joe went. Carol's first blessing this week was she did not have to wait long to be taken back to an examining room. Joe said there was probably 200+ people in the waiting room. They did a urine test and sonogram which came out okay and said to take him to his pediatrician within the next week which she did Thursday. His condition is called Epididymitis, so he can't swim, play ball or do a lot of active running around until it clears up. They got home about 2:30 am Wednesday morning. I stayed up too so Lou Lou is the only that got much sleep that night.

Carol let Lil Joe stay home and sleep in Wednesday while she went to work. Wednesday evening after the kids went to bed, I stayed up with her while she put together texts, documents, etc. for her attorney. I made copies of anything she needed, double checked stuff and helped her look for what she needed. We finished about 1:30 am, another late night.

Thursday I could hardly keep my eyes open. I went to the grocery store and wouldn't you know it was going to be a full buggy day. I was exhausted when I got home. Carol brought Lil Joe by after his doctor appointment and we were off to pick up Lou Lou from preschool while Carol dashed off to meet with her attorney. On the way home, Lil Joe asked if we could stop for Slurpees. Yay! Just what I needed and I really did need the caffeine. All afternoon my eyes kept closing, I couldn't wait for Joe to get home from work so I could just take a short power nap. You can bet Carol and I both got a good nights sleep last night.

Just a little funny note, Lou Lou reached out and touched Carol's shin this morning and asked "Mommy, why do you have fur?". :rotfl:

Carol's court hearing is at 1:15 pm today. I'm praying for blessings for her and that everything turns out well for her and the kids. I hope to tell you good news next time I check in.

James (DS) and Chelsea have been at MD Anderson for a couple of days so James could be checked out as he prepares for his transplant. All tests had great results, he has a couple more and a meeting with the transplant doctor this morning. Then they are coming home for the weekend before they head back on Sunday. He could have stayed but wanted a couple of nights at home in his own bed before he begins everything and will be in Houston for the next several months. He starts taking another pill form chemo on Sunday.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Carol's court hearing is at 1:15 pm today. I'm praying for blessings for her and that everything turns out well for her and the kids. I hope to tell you good news next time I check in.

He could have stayed but wanted a couple of nights at home in his own bed before he begins everything and will be in Houston for the next several months. He starts taking another pill form chemo on Sunday.

Kirby - I really, really hope that the day goes great for your daughter, and your son has a wonderful weekend at home!

Good Morning everyone from cold but sunny LA,

So grateful that it's not raining this early morning to make doing laundry and going to Ralphs easier for dad. I do wish for a whole lot more :sunny:Sincerely and humbly so thankful to God no matter what.

Bobbiwoz and Footballmouse, ⚾team better games ahead prayers. Thanks for encouraging your teams on. Dad was happy as was I for him especially that the Dodgers won. Feel badly saying that since your teams lost but sincerely wish them wins over the weekend. Should either of you feel comfortable and are able, I hope you get to attend a baseball game this season, too. I'm keeping in prayer, more likely for next season, being able to surprise dad with a Dodger game special experience.

:grouphug:Snowysom that today indeed will be of true blessing and start of a much more peaceful life for you, my friend. I believe that it will!

:grouphug:and prayers, Kirby for Lil Joe, your DD today, and of course your Son. I "liked" your post for Lou Lou's "furry" question. Truly God Bless her and Lil Joe, too. Many prayers for his healing! Please send me some 80s! Extra prayer to all of you now as 1pm your time gets closer. Remember always God is with you no matter what.

Footballmouse, :lovestrucalways to Baby Mia much like to Snowysmom's Sam. Thank both of you always along with all of you dear Quackers for the unconditional faith and love you give all in your life especially any children. I love that you are making Easter baskets for some of the adults in your life. Simple acts of kind cheer mean so much indeed.

Easyas, 🙏your busy sounding weekend goes smoothly. Enjoy your 🍩treat. I'm still thinking of calling Krispy Kreme's headquarters to ask if they would do anything in late July to celebrate my friend Sue who God willing will turn 100. She loves donuts. I hope you and your DH do get to tune into St. Patrick's, I've only read about it but if traveling were easier for me, would love to visit. Thank you for making a kind effort with extended family. Truly hope your dinner is a positive experience even in a small way:hug:

Bobbiwoz and Easyas in the future, I wish DL had even a smaller than WDW Flower and Garden Show. I would love to get to attend ::MickeyMo🌸Bobbiwoz, definitely safe and fun travel prayers for you, my friend. Enjoy Saturday night Easter Eve Mass, of course, too. Pre pandemic I would always spend that Saturday night at a friend's house closer to church to make being at ⛪at 5 on Easter morning easier. I also had the quiet and humble blessing of an extra time of solitude and prayer in the Sanctuary as I made sure all was ready in the pews for the next day. I'm sorry both your and Footballmouse's teams lost last night, too.

Lynn, as always I love and thank you for your bright morning picturepooh:Thank you for your wise and encouraging words to Snowysmom, you both know, I completely agree! Please do stay well out of the wind! 🙏Dave is able to safely come out to check out needed work on your deck and that it won't be too costly.

Great QOTD Easyas and thanks for bringing it back to our thread. First and foremost, Easter for me is the holiest of weekends in an extra and different way than Christmas. Good Friday is the ultimate act of unspeakable LOVE. Easter Sunday, no human words of thanks to God enough again.

I will watch online worship both on Good Friday and Easter as well as read from the Bible and take extra time pray and give thanks. Dad and I will also give each other Easter baskets. I need to still figure out about getting our names on the baskets (thinking self-adhesive fabric letters would be easiest) and whether we really need two of the same basket!

Pre pandemic, the Sunrise Service was always my favorite regular service if the year especially when I was also in the choir. To get to literally watch the sun rise as in my heart Jesus, my Savior and God's precious Son, rose anew in me and those seated around me was JOY and blessing. I also always felt it an extra privilege to be able sing extra to Him through choir those early mornings and dress His Sanctuary at our church, too, which meant processing up to the Chancel with fellow choir members while quietly singing and then each of us either setting down on the steps Easter potted lilies, lighting candles on His Communion table or laying linen on it. I pray one day to be blessed once more to have that experience.

Friday joy to all. I will check back later.

Last edited:
Dave called awhile ago and said he would be here shortly to go and get the wood. That was almost 1 1/2 hours ago, lol. He says it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg for the wood.

Summer got more discouraging news again today. She went for injections in her hands, and they want to test her for gout. They also want her to see a hand surgeon. She says she is just so over all of it

Then I got a text from my sister in law. Our other sister in law is in the hospital with the same thing I had. I told her the name of my Dr, and she asked for and got him. He did a heart cath this morning. Even she agrees that he's super friendly and attentive, and that he's very easy on the eyes. This is the sister in law that I never expected to hear something like that come out of her mouth, lol

No rain yet, it looks like it's going to though

Have a nice afternoon

Just a quick stop by. I am making sure my laptop works at Kenny's. Good to go! The move went well. They were very good and very courteous. I am not feeling bad about leaving there so that is a good thing. I will be going back this weekend to clean up a bit, vacuum, and pick up more of my stuff. I will be doing that couple of times a week during April. I am so tired I just left for Kenny's after the movers left.

@Kirby Thinking of your DD this afternoon. Hope all goes well. So happy to hear your DS is progressing along well towards his transplant.

Lynn Prayers for Summer and your SIL.

We are all getting together on Saturday this year for Easter. Jeff mentioned his in laws invited me to dinner but I am not sure if I heard him correctly. Kenny may be with friends so if I am truly invited I may go. We'll see.

Off to bring in all the stuff I brought with me. Then I will need to sit down! I have been on my feet all day.

Good morning! I hope your day goes smoothly.

Up early, showered, out the door, off to Dunkin for doughnuts, coffee & bagels and in the office by 7:30. Now it's 8:30 and I feel like I've been here for 12 hours already:crazy2:.

This weekend looks full for us: it looks like it is going to rain most of tomorrow, yet be rather warm in the 70's. We may go to the flooring store and finally pick out the flooring we want (already scheduled them to come out and measure on the 12th) for the basement remodel. Maybe we will go out for breakfast or lunch while we are out. Sunday we are doing a major demo of a silo on our farm, so we have one of the big excavators being brought up from one of our sites for the weekend for that. If it is not to windy Sunday afternoon we will have a fair size bonfire that has been sitting and waiting for the right time to be burnt. Possibly have brother & sister in -law and niece over for bonfire.

We made early dinner arrangements for a family Easter get-together next Saturday. My in-laws will be in town, and we have a cool yet cordial relationship with them. I'd rather not socialize, but do so politely for my husbands behalf, and my husband barely tolerates them BUT for the sake of (current) family unity we go thru the charade. Anyway - so we figured having a meal out at a restaurant (even though we have the pick up the tab for all 11 of us, it's worth the $$$) provides a easy way to end the visit and to head off potential issues. The kids will join us, making this the first time in a few years they've seen their grandparents. As for the actual holiday, although it's not one I actively celebrate, my husband does. I'll be making him a nice Easter dinner of lamb chops, or lamb stew. We don't do Easter baskets or anything along those lines, although I did buy him a 8 pack of mini Cadbury creme eggs yesterday:laughing: because he does enjoy those! We've also been invited to my niece's easter egg roll before hand- my idea of Hell is any function with a ton of small kids yelling & hopped up on sugar, I'm not going to lie. Luckily my SIL understands and doesn't expect us to show up. Anyhow - it's been a bit since we've had a Question of The Day...

I was in the stores (wegmans, costco) and for some reason I was thinking it was this weekend and since DD is still in UK, I wasn't stressing. So, now, we have to make plans........it's a chore.

I did get a big slice of carrot cake at wegman's.

DD and DGD's are mostly enjoying themselves. They loved the Peppa Pig Park. They were not at all enamored with Stonehenge. Now it's almost 8PM over there and she's looking for dinner. The pub they planned on doesn't have food tonight. They might end up at McD's.

Edit: we keep in touch with Whatsapp. Free and pretty much available anywhere there's wifi.

:hug:Lynn along with extra prayers for Summer. I do hope Dave shows up, too!

:grouphug:Snowysmom. I am truly thankful the move is mostly now behind you, my friend. PLEASE get some good rest this evening!

Judique, my dad likes🥕 🎂. I hope you enjoy yours! Continuing safe and fun travels to your daughter and grandchildren.

Bobbiwoz, I hope you get to enjoy a treat today, too! :)

Kirby, extra prayers this afternoon went positively for your daughter!

Last edited:
Happy Friday....

Lucky me got to see Ana two days in a row. I haven't seen her in awhile so I asked if I could go over and visit her and her momma yesterday. I took her momma some Starbucks and marveled at how big Ana's getting. :lovestruc Not sure if i mentioned she had some physical delays and was doing physical therapy for awhile, which she was just cleared from. She's come soo far this last month or so, finally crawling all over and starting to pull herself up and walking along the couch and table. After I got home, I was talking to my friend (Ana's grandma) and we made plans for breakfast. I guess while she was getting ready to leave Ana's momma called to see what she was doing so she invited her to come to breakfast with us. You should've seen her sweet face when she spotted her grandma and her "pretend" grandma(me...lol) she was soo excited...kept saying hi...hi...hi...sooo sweet. Fun breakfast and we made plans to meet up again tomorrow at the farmers market. :)

Today's DH's birthday and poor guy is out of town working some major overtime this weekend. 16 hour days from today to Tues doing maintenance on a customers machine, that can't be down for too long. We'll celebrate when he gets home if he wants...he says he doesn't but I we'll see.

We're going to one of my aunt's for a smaller family dinner. LOL My dad has plans with friends and DH said he'd come too since Dolly is also invited so we decided. LOL I make a communal basket for the 3 of us and got Dolly a bone and toy too. :rolleyes1
some lottery tickets in their baskets.
What a good idea...I like to get all the "kids" a little something for all the holidays and I don't know why I never think about lotto tickets.

Carol's court hearing is at 1:15 pm today.
I hope everything went well for her.

surprise dad with a Dodger game
Im not a sports fan at all but I have such fun memories of going to Dodger games when we were younger. One of my aunts would take us older cousins...soo much fun. My grandma's a big Dodger fan. DDs favorite story is my cousin telling her about the time, during the playoffs or world series, my grandma came downstairs, head to two in Dodger Blue saying she was on her way to church to pray for the Dodgers. :laughing:

The move went well.
So glad to hear the move went smooth.

Hope you all have a great day.

:hug:AuntieMe3, what great Dodger ⚾memories! So glad you have them!

:bday:to your DH and always :lovestructo Baby Ana and of course Dolly, and most of all, you!

Dad just got a package of 👟from Old Navy. He really needs to take care of his 🦶Calluses. He does wear callus cushions but they only work so well. Grandpa, I remember saw a podiatrist. Good memory, albeit only in memory no details sadly, is as a very young child going with grandpa to the podiatrist and then having breakfast out at Bob's Big Boy, I believe :) Back to dad, he's happy with his new shoes and said so far they're keepers:cheer2: Later this month, he will be going to a Skechers Outlet to use a $10 reward certificate we have. We both are Skecher fans and appreciate the lower outlet store prices. Plus, shoes at outlets are always buy 1, get 1 1/2 off. Great deal!

All is quiet here thankfully and dry, too. Wishing all of you a warm and good rest of the day.

Just catching up! I was like a baby who had their days and nights mixed up this week, lol.

Quiet week. Got some things done around the house but not everything I wanted to. Had to do some things with Grady, he gets antsy if he doesn’t get exercise. But he’s so happy when he does!

Snowysmom, glad things went well. Get some rest! I’m glad there’s no rush to get back there for cleaning.

Kirby, good pick up on the epiditymitis! And sending lots of prayers for your son. 🙏🏻

Bobbi, have a great trip to F&G! We often went down this time of year (baseball) and missed going this year, but can’t complain too much. We have a wedding later in the year that we’ll be going down for. Shopped a little for that online, got some nice dresses. Looking for a pantsuit I bought that was too big, and now I can’t find it again in a smaller size. You really have to read the reviews when you shop online! Next up, shoes with a little heel (if I can walk in them :laughing: ). I stood up on the tub the other day after I cleaned it putting clean shower curtains up and I couldn’t walk on my left foot for a few hours! Good grief! (Normally my feet are pretty good, knock on wood! Lord knows, I need them!)

Mona there are a lot of products out there for calluses. I have some calluses from my work shoes, I just scrub them every now and then at the end of my shower (when they’re soft) with a pumice stone I keep in the tub and soapy water. It works pretty well but they build up again. You can put a little lotion on them, too, in between scrubs.

Thinking of dazed and others going through a rough time. :hug:

QOTD: We are going over SIL’s house for Easter, bringing Chicken Marsala and DH is going to make fresh cannolis. Last time he made those they were the best I’ve ever had. He uses less sugar and a little lemon and yum. I am making “baskets” (using Easter gift bags) for everyone including the young’ uns in the family (6 and 4). I start collecting things to put in the baskets when they come out, as I see them. The challenge this year was not to get much candy for the little ones. I know Mom (niece) gets stressed out when they start running around eating candy instead of their dinner, so I got things like bubbles, and a necklace/bracelet set, a race car, some popcorn, etc. For my kids (including DD’s bf) I got chocolate bunnies, Reese’s, cotton candy and some other stuff, and for DH I got some sugar free stuff and some peanuts, lol. I told the kids please do not get me any candy! I love it but I really shouldn’t be eating it. DD and I aren’t working, but DS will have to go in in the afternoon. He can still come to dinner which we have fairly early. Nice to hear what everyone is doing!

Wishing everyone a nice Saturday! Here it was snowy and rainy today (we got drenched with the dogs and took all evening to warm up) and it’s supposed to be that way all weekend, from what I hear. 😬 🐥

Good morning, all!

I hope everything went well for your DD @Kirby,

and have a great trip @bobbiwoz!

it's been a bit since we've had a Question of The Day...

No plans yet. If MIL decides to do a big family dinner, we'll go, but If not, I'll make a small ham here, a couple of veggies, and maybe mac 'n cheese.

I have some sugar-free things for DH and new (Disney!) dishes for the kitties. DS's basket is the toughest this year. I have a couple of ideas, but I'm not sure what will be best.

Good morning. Welcome to crazy weather MD. The coast has gale warnings, we have high wind warnings. We are supposed to get to 73 degrees this afternoon and into the 80's this week? Where did that come from?

We have all the wood for the deck sitting in the back yard. Dave said if we don't get the high winds or rain, he'll be here today to start. I didn't expect him to start that fast, with all the other jobs he has, but he knows it's impeding Don from wanting to get out of the house safely.

I am trying to push myself to go out to the shed, put the battery in the riding mower, change the oil and get it started. I will have to either today or tomorrow, once the sun comes out, the grass is going to be even taller than it is now. Usually I look forward to starting to mow, but once you start, it doesn't end for months.

My sister in law is home from the hospital. She was diagnosed with supra ventricular tachycardia. My Doctor did a heart cath on her and sent her home with meds to control it.

I am off to strip the bed and get it remade, then see if I can get enough get up and go, to get up and go to the shed, lol

Have a nice day.

6223e69386724ef362abed688b87dbbd.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter