Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Lynn Your new bathroom looks great. You and Dave do good work.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope the wind is done for a while. It has been windy here but not enough to affect sleep. Wishing you some calm, warm weather.

Had fun watching the grandkids play outside. I pushed Sam around in a little car stroller. He was quite content. I did see a Cardinal today while walking in Kenny's neighborhood. I heard him calling and then he flew in front of me and into the tree right next to me. He preened for a bit and then started eating the berries on the tree.

Have a nice evening.
It was Chris, telling you that you are on the right road now! He'll always be watching over you~~ :grouphug:

Thank you, Snowysmom. All is thankfully still calm now. :lovestrucSam. He'll always have an extra place in my heart for sharing my Grandpa's name. I do remember the red :car:'s with the yellow roofs from my preschool days. A car stroller sounds so cute, and fun for Sam, too. The only toy vehicle I had as a kid was a Big Wheel that I loved. Just a regular small mid to late 70's stroller. I'm very grateful you were able to spend time with your grandkids:hug:ETA, I completely agree with Lynn about Chris! Thank you dear Lynn for sharing that truth.

Pea:hug:and prayers that you are feeling better and continuing to heal!

Good evening. Very pleasant weather today after a couple of very rainy days. The sun was out and it went into the low 60's.

@lynxstch - the bathroom looks very nice. Glad it is finished for you.

Been a quiet couple of days or it was until yesterday. I had been having some issues with my TV that I only bought last year. Of course they all started AFTER the warranty was up. Yesterday we lost the picture and no matter what I did I couldn't get it back. I had just come home from Sam's Club and I headed right back. Thankfully I had looked at the TV's while waiting for my parents so I knew exactly what I wanted. I love the picture quality, I went with Samsung this time, but the sound isn't that great.

I talked with my son and he said I just need a sound bar so not a big deal. Ella had Volleyball practice so I headed back to Sam's Club to see what they had. HUGE mistake. Evidently there was a chemical spill north of Philadelphia that MAY impact our water supply. Every crazy person in creation was at all of the stores hoarding cases of water. I seriously saw someone leave with 20 cases of water and I don't know how many boxes of gallon bottles. It took me a half hour to get in the store just to look at the sound bars. The news has updated that our water supply is still OK and they are closely monitoring it. I put out a huge pot of water to be safe for now. I'm not overly concerned.

We had a scare in church today when it appears one of the older parishioners may have had a mini stroke. Prayers for her please as she is a real sweetheart.

Then I decided to surprise my granddaughters and daughter with something for our upcoming trip. I was able to upgrade our flights home to First Class for about what the cost for the luggage fees is. Ella is so excited for that. I am getting excited now myself.

I am off to watch Wyatt play basketball again and hopefully not fall this time. I don't know if I posted that I talked to the Parish Priest, and he was very nice. The church will pay any out-of-pocket expenses and they are going to look at the area where I fell to try and fix it. That was my main concern.

Have a good night.

:grouphug:🙏dear Taz for safe water and access to enough drinking water period! Praise God about the Priest. He's doing the right thing at last. Healing prayers continuing, of course, to you! Ella is absolutely blessed by you indeed as is Wyatt and all the young people you love. Electronics do have an uncanny way of failing after a warranty is up, don't, they? 📺to work at not too big a cost good wish to you! We sure rely on our TV which at times can still turn on by itself or go out of synch with voices but that is a Spectrum issue that usually resolves itself shortly. Cheers for Wyatt and his🏀team.

Good evening and restful sweet dreams to all!

@TazDev Upgrading to first class for your trip sounds like such a nice touch. Your DGDs will love it. I am sorry to hear about the water supply. It seems lately that water supplies are being compromised. I hope it stays stable. I hope your new TV and sound bar work well. I also hope your ankle and foot are feeling better. The priest is doing the right thing thankfully.

Lynn Thank you for your kind works. I do feel that Chris is with me. We always fed the birds at our house so birds are a good sign for me.

Good morning. It is 35 now and supposed to go into the 50s. I have an appt for a covid booster. Since I have the cruise in May I decided to go for it. I have not had the new one since I got the last booster just before it came out.

Off to work and walking.

Have a good day.

Good Monday Morning☔

Just a quick hello today, I actually have things at work that I need to get started.

Luckily I was able to get my grass cut yesterday. The rest of the week isn't going to be as nice as it was yesterday. Watched a couple of the basketball games when I was finished 🏀. Got my breakfast and lunches made up for the week.

That's about it, have a great day! :wave:

Good morning!

Still too wet here to mow grass but I've got unruly tufts sticking up everywhere. Like a very bad haircut needing to be smoothed out.

And the weeds are trying to take over early. I had a weeder delivered from Amazon yesterday that I hope I can use on some of them. It's Grandpa's Weeder, which had good and bad reviews. Seemed some of the weeders supplied were not the original article. Looks to me like I got the right one. If it doesn't work it will go back, as it claimed free returns and I screen shot that.

This morning I brought birdseed out and carried my coffee with me. Soon I had 4 cardinals, 2 red and 2 female. Few minutes later one guy was flying at the other and they both disappeared. Very soon everybody was back and grabbing seed. Then all the birds were gone and it was quiet.

Kittykitty was just out of sight and looking to catch a bird. I disrupted that and he went back to eat his catfood. Hopefully the birds stayed safe after I came back inside.

Have to go shop for pet food today. Costco doesn't carry the right ones and Sam's was out last week. That will be my first stop. If nothing there I will have to do Safeway and Target I guess.

Everybody have a great day!

Good sunny morning. Not what they were calling for as they said rain, but I'll take it. Temps will be mid 60's again.

@Judique Your lawn sounds like mine, tufts of tall grass here and there. I took the weedwacker out last week and trimmed most of them. I just don't feel like getting the mowers ready yet. Have been too busy with other things, but I have to do it soon.

@tazdev3225 We had a Samsung smart tv, and while I loved it, the sound was always an issue. I have read that even the new ones have sound issues. We added a sound bar. Our new tv is a Vizio and the sound is so much better. I have the Samsung in the bedroom, and I never have it turned up enough to care if the sound is great. Good luck with yours!

I just stripped and remade the bed, never got to it on Saturday. I'm going to hang the sheets and blanket out on the line. I put the pillows on the front porch to get some air and sunshine. We watched Chicago Med and Fire last night and half of Idol. There are some really good singers on it this season, a few that gave me goosebumps when they sang.

I am going to make the other pair of curtains for the bathroom today. Having the old pair up there that are an inch too short is driving me nuts everytime I walk in there, lol

Have a great day--24 years go today that Don and I met online. Time flies!

Have a great day!

d99a495763cb15d9e1e61e6fb9ec5e5e.jpg

Good sunny morning. Not what they were calling for as they said rain, but I'll take it. Temps will be mid 60's again.

@Judique Your lawn sounds like mine, tufts of tall grass here and there. I took the weedwacker out last week and trimmed most of them. I just don't feel like getting the mowers ready yet. Have been too busy with other things, but I have to do it soon.

@tazdev3225 We had a Samsung smart tv, and while I loved it, the sound was always an issue. I have read that even the new ones have sound issues. We added a sound bar. Our new tv is a Vizio and the sound is so much better. I have the Samsung in the bedroom, and I never have it turned up enough to care if the sound is great. Good luck with yours!

I just stripped and remade the bed, never got to it on Saturday. I'm going to hang the sheets and blanket out on the line. I put the pillows on the front porch to get some air and sunshine. We watched Chicago Med and Fire last night and half of Idol. There are some really good singers on it this season, a few that gave me goosebumps when they sang.

I am going to make the other pair of curtains for the bathroom today. Having the old pair up there that are an inch too short is driving me nuts everytime I walk in there, lol

Have a great day--24 years go today that Don and I met online. Time flies!

Have a great day!

d99a495763cb15d9e1e61e6fb9ec5e5e.jpg

Happy 24 years of meeting online!! And kudos to you for taking that step. I was too afraid and then it was just not an issue anymore.

Good morning...its cold here this morning. When DH was leaving for work, he said it was 27° and everything was frozen outside. Its 35° now. I'm sooooo tired of this weather. Although it was sunny all weekend, the air and breeze was COLD. I can't wait for it to be warm enough to go swimming again but I'm sure I'll be complaining about the heat soon enough... :laughing:

We got all our travel and accommodations set last night for Nashville at the end of next month. We first booked our airfare and hotel for 5 days, giving us a couple days before the wedding and come home the day after. We decided to extend a little so we're arriving on a Saturday and have the whole week before the wedding on Friday, coming home Sunday. Everything so far being covered with points...airfare, hotels, and rental car. Finally getting to make use of DHs work travel points for something fun. LOL The wedding is about 45 minutes from Nashville so we'll move hotels to stay closer the night before for rehearsal and the night of the wedding. I'm excited.

We've been invited and accepted to my aunts house for Easter, 3 of my aunts and uncles and a couple cousins will be there. She also extended the invitation to Dolly...lol so she'll be joining us. Everyone is excited to meet her. :laughing:

Today I need to go through some clothes...I have soo many I don't wear, most taking up closet space, so the clothes I do wear regularly are all shoved in my dresser. So I need to clean out my closet and get all my clothes situated. Hopefully Dolly let's me get it done today.

Lynxstch your bathroom looks soo nice. I went to visit a friend yesterday and they just had two of their bathrooms redone so now I wanna do ours too. LOL Probably won't for awhile but I can plan now.

Hope you all have a great day.

Good morning dear 🐣

Over two years ago, our fellow Quacker friend Carol, shared with me this beautiful song that was sung by a member of her church. It Only Takes A Spark I pass it's beautiful message onto each of you this day with love and reminder that you never walk alone! God is with you forever and by His Love and Grace, you can count on my friendship and support, too. :thanks:each of you, for being a spark of His light and love to another :grouphug:

Prayers that all of you enjoy this new Monday in coziness and with joy. I'll check back in later :)

@Kirby absolutely, prayers.
@Pea-n-Me , this was the first time we had been to Santa Barbara area and we were blown away by the beauty of the area. We are so happy that we were invited and that we went!

The wedding was at the Santa Barbara Botanical Gardens. Very much a destination wedding, IMO!

D89BC68C-2C4A-4CEE-8EC2-1AFC659D2FEB.jpeg

Happy couple, happy parents!
5637B8EA-228D-4CCC-8EA4-9186F428C668.jpeg

Beverly and me, two very good friends

33AF5DBB-32F9-4C5D-B403-1D354C0613AF.jpeg
There was bad weather and delays elsewhere, not on our route home. However, we didn’t land in Philadelphia until after 1 AM, and so, we spent the night in a Philadelphia hotel. Neither of us slept enough, so we took naps when we got home. Mine was short, Tom is still asleep 2 hours after I got up. Gus is sleeping too, going to a kennel is a bit stressful.

:hug:Bobbiwoz and God Bless the newly married couple and always you and Tom! I'm so grateful to Him you got to attend and have a great visit. I have no doubt that your presence at their wedding blessed your friends big-time!
Next time, you're out here, let's definitely try to meet, I would love that. Get some 🛌all of you:dogdance:too! Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing with us.

Prayers all of you are having a good afternoon. waiting on a couple Amazon packages. I'm going to be getting a bunch of mail ready for tomorrow. I did finish watching worship this morning from yesterday which I thoroughly enjoyed. Quiet afternoon, all is well :)

@bobbiwoz Lovely wedding pictures. I hope you all get some rest. I am sure Gus is happy to have you back home and to be back home himself.

I have been busy filling out address changes to Kenny's house. I get to do it all over again when I leave there. Kenny has invited me to go to NH with him and the kids in June. He leaves the day I am supposed to close on the condo. I will drive up myself the next day after work and be there in time for dinner. I suspect the close date will be moved ahead a bit as they never seem to finish new construction on time due to weather or other issues. I will just let them know I am not available again until the following Monday. I love NH and will go there whenever I am invited.

Have a nice evening.

Good Morning. It is in the 30s now expected to go into the 50s. That will be nice.

I am doing more to get ready for the move on Friday. I cleaned out one closet of the things the movers need to take and have put in the things I am taking. Then I will tell them not to take anything from that closet. I will still have a couple of boxes that will not fit it there like all my computer wires and speakers. I will tag those with do not take notes. It is hard to believe that it is so soon. I feel like it is necessary but I am not happy having made the mistake of buying this place at all. But, at least I an able to do something about it. And it is did give me clarity on where I need to go and what I need to buy. 2 units are still for sale in the complex in buildings hear the highway and have been for 3 weeks now. 3 weeks is a long time for a unit to be on the market in this complex. I talked with one of the real estate agents and she is concerned. She dropped the price on her unit 25K. She has many couples who want a unit in my building or the one next to it but units do not come up for sale often in these buildings.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning. 45 now going to mid 50's,. It's clouding over like we may get a shower, but it's not supposed to amount to much. I kind of wish it would. I'm sitting here watching the grass grow taller day by day, and I just don't have the energy or ambition to start mowing yet. Usually it's by the end of March, which it almost is, so I will have to get going on it soon. One neighbor had his mower out yesterday, but he couldn't keep it running long enough to mow. No one else has started yet.

It was nice to have a day with not much to do yesterday, but today I have to get moving. I need to wash kitty nose prints off of several windows and wash the kitchen floor. We had big chunks of carpet down on it while the bathroom work was going on, and now that those are gone, I want to give it a good cleaning. Also have to make a grocery list for tomorrow, and figure out a meal plan for the week.

Have a nice day!

dc50527dac9e02053d1151cf6d88be41.jpg

Good Tuesday morning-ish.pluto:

Another quick hello. Been busy at work since the new boss is up and running.

Didn't do anything last night like I wanted to. By the time I get home now, feed all the animals and then myself I don't want to go to the gym, it's too late. 😠🥱

Kinda watched the Voice last night. I had it on but was really only paying attention to see who was sent home. Tonight is another episode and I usually record NCIS but I think if NCIS is new I'll watch that and record the Voice. That way I can skip over all the non-important parts, don't really care to watch them practice.

Well that's it for me. Have a great day! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter