Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Doing a whole lot of nothing today, being lazy. I just reorganized the chest freezer in the basement, and found out that the gasket is all cracked. The inside lid is starting to show the insulation under it, and it's old anyhow. Well geez..it was Don's parents for at least 10 years before we got it, and we've had it for 22 years,,lol. You can't get a new gasket for it, already tried..so found a good deal on a little bigger one on Lowes, with free delivery. It will be here next Saturday. Merry Christmas to me, lol

Good Friday afternoon.

Started the morning with yoga, then a quick breakfast at CFA. Then drove to Cecilton about 30 minutes south, for a haircut and foils. I haven't colored in years.

Not much planned for the rest of the day.

I'm off on errands & a Dr. appt. this afternoon.
Hope your travels don't bring you too far north. Traffic is a mess in all of Newark and Elkton with I95 closed in both directions,
An image from the Blackwater Refuge this morning:
I didn't see snow geese. Are they not there yet?

Good Friday afternoon.

Started the morning with yoga, then a quick breakfast at CFA. Then drove to Cecilton about 30 minutes south, for a haircut and foils. I haven't colored in years.

Hope your travels don't bring you too far north. Traffic is a mess in all of Newark and Elkton with I95 closed in both directions,

There are a lot of geese and ducks very early in the morning but I haven't seen snow geese recently. Looking back I have a pic of a few snow geese saved from mid December.

Ah yes, that topic was all the buzz in the check out line of Marshalls! I headed up to Christiana around noon and saw the road signs that said 95 S closed. Didn't realize there was a accident in the Elkton area as well. What a mess, hope everyone is alright. I had an appt. at the hospital and after that made a pit stop at Marshalls, and as usual it had a looong line. Anyway, I heard a few different comments about might as well wait in that line vs. getting in the bad traffic. I didn't have Waze, but put it on my phone when I went out to the parking lot since when I left the hospital I could see traffic was jammed up. I made it down Rt. 1 with only moderately sluggish traffic around 4, so all things considered I can't complain.

Stopped at famers market and picked up some ribs w/ green beans, potato salad for dinner.

Very grateful to God that dad got some extra rest in earlier this afternoon. It did rain slightly while he was out this morning. By His Grace, nothing of significance and dad was able to get what we most needed for today and tomorrow. Sunday, he may quickly go to Sprouts and Pavilions. Chilly day for me. I look forward to a warmer bed with jersey sheets tonight. Praying each of you will also have a cozy bed. I give God extra thanks every day for the safe shelter dad and I do have especially this time of year. It is one of my most heartfelt prayers to in a teeny way somehow be part of bringing added faith and cheer, hope to those who don't have home or truly enough. I do also keep in prayer God-willing dad and I being able to one day move somewhere with safe to use heating among other things but zero complaints just sheer thanksgiving. No mail or expected packages here yet. May each of you have gotten some friendly mail today. Have a good rest of the afternoon and evening everyone with love.

Good Friday afternoon.

Took this rather bad shot this morning to show what birds are resting at Blackwater overnight. By 8 - 9am they will have flown away. I was not able to spot any snow geese yet.

It's cloudy and raining also. By mid December they should be here.

1670069217657.png

Good rainy Saturday morning. It's supposed to end soon, and temps will rise into the 60's. Not the kind of weather I really want to be working on Christmas cards in, but I'll take it. Waiting for Chewy to deliver a huge order. Thankfully they split into 4 different boxes. Too heavy to pick up when they don't. I wanted to stock up for the winter, so bought extra dry food. Chewy's prices are at least $3 a bag less than Walmart for the exact same thing. I have 2 cats who will only eat 9 Lives Dry (the others eat Friskies), and 9 Lives has been unfindable for a month here. Even Chewy was out of stock. They sent an email this morning that it was back in stock, so I grabbed 3 while they have them.

Also expecting 3 Amazon packages today, which are bigger boxes that won't fit in the cluster box, so carrier will leave them on our porch, along with regular mail. She is so kind to do that. That just about finishes all my Christmas shopping for the year.

Today's plans are cleaning both bathrooms, changing the sheets after turning the mattress, and working on cards. Don made such a huge pot of his veggie soup last night that he will be eating it for 3 more days, lol. It smelled good, but vegetable soup isn't my thing, so I made chicken wings instead.

@Judique very cool picture,,hope you can get some of the snow geese to share soon

Have a great day

Disney-World-Christmas-Parade-768x511.jpg

Love today’s picture, Lynn! Very Disney and festive! :goodvibes

Just a quick hello before I have to hop in the shower and start running around doing errands. I’d rather wrap back up in my blanket and go back to sleep, but it’s not to be today. Yet, anyway! (Maybe later.)

I had fun with the William and Kate thread, even if it didn’t get a lot of traffic. They must be home now.

Have a good Saturday, everyone! 🐥

Special hugs for Kirby and her son. :grouphug: I lost my hair during chemo, also, and it was one of the hardest parts of the cancer experience for me. (And I unexpectedly had to put one of my German Shepherds to sleep the same day. Ugh.) Praying for him. And hoping others not feeling well are feeling better.

It is rainy here today and very warm, around 60. I had my haircut this morning and then stopped for a couple of items at Shaws. Then I cleaned the bathrooms, took my second walk before the rain comes in heavier, got my new instapot ready for beef stew, cleaned the kitchen counters and appliances, and now plan on doing a bit of work. I will make the beef stew this afternoon. I plan to freeze half and get a couple of meals out of the rest.

Kenny works this weekend. I will be seeing Jeff and family tomorrow. I keep reminding Jeff I need to talk with him. He is better now so maybe it was work or family stress getting to him. I still want to go over things and get advice. Kenny has a court date soon for a preliminary ruling on the divorce. He asked me if I can help with the kids as needed. Of course I can. Right now I can drive out and stay over if needed or just drive back after helping out. It will make things easier if I move out to his area. My main reason for moving there is still that I like the area and need a fresh start but helping him out his a side benefit.

Have good rest of the day.

Good chilly Saturday morning friends from me, as well,

Dad is resting right now. When he first gets up, which was always so true for me whenever I was sick, he feels the worst. He's just tired and needs to get all well! I'm just feeling chilly but otherwise, thankfully A-okay. It was such a blessing last night to be warmer in bed with my new jersey sheets. Quiet Saturday here. I'm going to finish up some Christmas mail a little later.

:grouphug:to all. I will check back later. Kirby, so very many prayers for you continuing. Frog and Dazed, both of you, too!

Doing a whole lot of nothing today, being lazy. I just reorganized the chest freezer in the basement, and found out that the gasket is all cracked. The inside lid is starting to show the insulation under it, and it's old anyhow. Well geez..it was Don's parents for at least 10 years before we got it, and we've had it for 22 years,,lol. You can't get a new gasket for it, already tried..so found a good deal on a little bigger one on Lowes, with free delivery. It will be here next Saturday. Merry Christmas to me, lol
Sorry about the old one going, but enjoy your new one!

⬆️ Must have gotten distracted and not finished this or hit "post" yesterday.

As for today -

Went to the Santa breakfast at DH's lodge this morning - very festive! Then watched the soccer match that we'd had the DVR recording while we were gone.

My plan is to start wrapping today - just a few things that need to be mailed off, but the breakfast put me in a holiday mood.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope you and your Dad feel all better soon. Early morning is the worst time when you are sick.

My beef stew in the instapot turned out really good. I am eating a small bowl for lunch and will save the rest for a couple of nights and freeze a portion. I have been sorting out Christmas gifts and getting the gift bag gifts ready to go. I find it hard this year but it must be done. Off to do some meditating. My doctor has highly recommended I get back to it to decrease my stress. I think that ship has sailed but at least I can try.

Have a nice evening.

I can't believe I have never watched all of Frozen 2 until this afternoon. I got out of a hot relaxing bath, and put it on to watch. I just finished it, and I loved it. It was so good..it was sad, happy, scary, magical, just the kind of Disney I love to watch. It put me in a very Christmas like mood. @Snowysmom I'm glad your beef stew turned out well. I for some reason have no interest in an instapot. I love my old fashioned pressure cookers and use them all the time.
Not sure what dinner is going to be. Maybe just soup and sandwiches. My headache is finally going away, but Don's is worse than it was.
Nothing on tv tonight except for a Hallmark movie, that I have no interest in,,so it's time to pick out another movie I haven't watched and try to get through it without falling asleep

Have a nice evening everyone

I just reorganized the chest freezer in the basement, and found out that the gasket is all cracked. The inside lid is starting to show the insulation under it, and it's old anyhow.
That stinks - At least you caught it before you lost anything. Hope your new one works good! We got a new freezer - I think it was last year? Anyway, a new upright that I keep in the garage and I'm happy with it.
rainy Saturday morning. It's supposed to end soon, and temps will rise into the 60's. Not the kind of weather I really want to be working on Christmas cards in, but I'll take it.
Rain and wind here as well. Guess it ended about mid-afternoon, and yeah, oddly warm out. Looks like tomorrow will be in the mid 40's though. But the wind will be laid down at least, so we may take a walk at a local wildlife refuge called Turners Creek. We are fortunate to live in a area with a lot of wildlife refuges, but that one is the the most close by I think. We'll see what the day brings.
He's just tired and needs to get all well!
Glad he's feeling better even if he is still tired and it wasn't worse!
My beef stew in the instapot turned out really good.
Glad to hear it! I enjoy a simple beef stew with some crusty rolls/bread every once in a while. You've inspired me - tomorrow I'm going to make a Guinness Stew with cheddar dumplings since I'll have the time it takes to make it.
for some reason have no interest in an instapot. I love my old fashioned pressure cookers and use them all the time.
I don't have a instapot either, or a pressure cooker! I do have a few crock pots though, and use them often. I've heard that pressure cookers are great for fried chicken, have you ever tried that? My husband mentions getting one (to try fried chicken) every once in a while, but we haven't picked one up yet.

Not sure what dinner is going to be. Maybe just soup and sandwich

That's what we are having as well! French Dips, that is if I get up and get supper going soon!

Good evening everyone - hope your weekends are going well. I was up and out of the house first thing, hit the grocery store and then stopped at the farmers market to pick up the crab meat I ordered for later this month, then back to Walgreens to pick up some RX's and home by 9. Did a bit of house cleaning, make the bed up and took the opportunity to catch up on a book I started earlier this week.
Pickup up some sliced London Broil at the store, so making French Dips for dinner this evening.

Busy week next week, Monday & Tuesday on the road, Thursday foster pup has eye surgery, and I think I have a hair appt. at lunch on Wednesday or Friday but I need to check my calendar - I can't recall if it's this week or next!!!

Last edited:
A :santa:breakfast sounds like a lot of fun, PollyannaMom! Prayers that it was :hug:

:grouphug:Snowysmom and continuing prayer to you for extra peace always! Dad, overall is doing better. He did rest this morning for a good hour. I'm doing fine so far. Slight runny nose seems to have vanished :cheer2:Thank you and everyone else so very much for your kind extra prayers for both my dad and me.

:grouphug:and feel better prayers, Lynn and Don, too! Prayers you both sleep well and indeed feel much better in the morning.

:hug:and stay warm, Easyas! :dog2:prayers for next week! Always, thank you so much for the loving care you give to so many pups! They are so blessed to have you.

Sweet dreams everyone. Please take care and be cozy. Stay well!

Good cold morning,,temps only in 40's for the day. @theluckyrabbit --Thank you so much for sharing that candlelight processional vdeo. I had never seen one before. It gave all of us who can't be at WDW the chance to share in some of the Disney Christmas magic!

@easyas123 I have several crock pots also, which get a lot of use. I have never tried fried chicken in the pressure cooker, but now I may have to. You have me craving fried chicken, lol

I have to finish Christmas cards today, then I want to move some stuff around in the basement to make it easier for them to get the new freezer in and the old one out. Good excuse for me to throw out even more stuff we never use

Have a great morning!

December-at-Walt-Disney-World.jpg

Good morning. It is cold here, around 32. I took my first walk of the morning and then went to Trader Joe's. I like to see what they have for the holiday. I bought each family a box of iced gingerbread men. Jeff's kids will get their box today, Kenny's next weekend. I got myself some peppermint bark. It is my seasonal favorite and I will eat it slowly over the month. I bought myself flowers for my birthday this week. I feel like Chris helped me pick them out as I had no intention of buying flowers when I went into the store. Then I bought the healthy stuff like fruit, veggies, and salad. Those are no fun but necessary.

Yesterday I did get the kids clothes that I give them for Christmas sorted out and bagged. I put their clothes in a gift bag so they know to stay away from it! Their response is always, oh those are just clothes. I get my DSs a gift bag of breakfast items so that is ready too.
stocking stuffers are separated so I know what I have to wrap. I am heading for Kenny's on the 22 or 23 so I want to have everything ready early.

Time for my second walk before going to see Jeff and family.

Have a good day.

Fried chicken does sound good. I have never made it. I work with a lady who makes it and brings it in sometimes and hers is amazing. DD and her bf went out for Italian food last night and bought DH and I home a Chicken Marsala with Angel Hair pasta which we’ll have later in week. It’s huge, so we’ll share. I snuck a couple of bites of the chicken parm that she brought home, too, and it was delish. DH made some fresh pasta for us last night with tomatoes (that were on sale), garlic, onions, mushrooms, spinach and parmesan. I had dozed off on the sofa and he forgot the red pepper, but it was still good. I told him I’m liking the pastas better with the fresh tomatoes than with tomato sauce lately.

We ran around in the rain yesterday, it was gross. When we left the house it was a slight drizzle, but it began pouring at some point. We hit a church bazaar, I had to go to the bank to get some stuff notarized (second time, hopefully the last, I hate going to the bank, especially with this guy that works there ugh), took the dogs to run around, then grabbed some lunch and hit the grocery store, which was nuts in both the parking lot and the store. When I got home I was tired, cold and soaked! DD was nice enough to put the groceries away while I wrapped up in a blanket and fell asleep for a little while. That felt good. DS picked up an extra shift yesterday then went to a Bruin’s game so it was quiet in the house.

DD had her hamster out this morning, he is such a cute little bugger. We’ve been saying he’s looking so good for two years old, a lot of times there’s something going on with them by that age. Then she noticed he has a tumor down below. ☹️ So we’re going to have to somehow deal with that. We don’t want him to be in pain. I talked to Grady’s foster mom this week and she couldn’t believe how good he looks since he’s filled out and happy. I asked again about his background and she knows that his owner died and his family tried to keep him, but kept him crated and outside. It’s good they gave him up, but it must’ve been hard on him, and maybe helps explain a little about why it took him some time to adjust to a lifestyle inside the house. I can’t help but wonder if he misses his owner and knows that he passed. I know with our dogs, when another passed we tried to let them see them and sniff them if we could, so they know. If his owner went to the hospital or something and didn’t come back, he might not know. At any rate, he is sure finding out about the cold weather here now. He has a coat that DD bought him and he looks spiffy in. The cold doesn’t seem to bother him much. Probably better than being hot. Looking forward to him seeing snow for the first time.

Haircut later today, then maybe a bite to eat out at a place we like near there - usually breakfast, lol. Tonight I am making some desserts for a holiday luncheon we’re having tomorrow. Going with chocolate mousse and strawberry cheesecake cups. Should be fun trying to carry them in. I bought a new carrier on Amazon, hopefully it works out without everything getting smushed.

Thinking of everyone and 🙏🏻. Hopefully everyone has a good Sunday. 🐥

Last edited:
DD had her hamster out this morning, he is such a cute little bugger. We’ve been saying he’s looking so good for two years old, a lot of times there’s something going on with them by that age. Then she noticed he has a tumor down below. ☹️ So we’re going to have to somehow deal with that. We don’t want him to be in pain.
Sorry to hear this. It's so hard to know what's going on with small pets. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter