Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

:cheer2::grouphug:and above all else, always, my absolute extra thanks to God! What a wonderful update, dear Bobbiwoz! Hooray!

:hug:and much🙏Snowysmom that your doctor's appointment will go very well and bring you much comfort as well. May the new doctor truly be much like our own Pea and Footballmouse in the kind and quality care she offers. Of course,

Lynn:hug:, from Heaven, my grandma sure appreciates your Reese's gift for Don and that he enjoys that treat as much as she did.

Carol:hug: to you, my friend. Prayers your errands went very well.

Thank you all forever for all your love, care, support, and prayers. Dad did get some good rest tonight. Prayers he has a good night sleep.

Sweet dreams, dear friends.

Sorry to hear about sprains and illnesses and such. 🙏🏻 Always happy to hear good news, too.

DH’s turkey soup was very good. DS doesn’t cook too often, but decided he wanted to make “healthy” chick pea brownies. 🫣 Went to the store and got a bunch of stuff. They were a little soft so he’s leaving them to sit till tomorrow. (That was disappointing! I wanted to try one!) Did I mention he did the same thing the other night, went and got a piece of swordfish and some Brussels sprouts and cooked them, too (fish, outside, the smell causes DD to gag, lol)? Not sure what’s gotten into him lately!

3E9CFAEA-DD91-4AD7-80CB-153C9FE88B63.jpeg

28C70653-6134-4153-971A-0347D9467E71.jpeg

Been having some fun today following the Royal visit to Boston (William and Kate). They are such a great couple. I loved Diana. We’ll see what they have in store for tomorrow.

Good night! 🐥

Happy Thursday!:earsboy:

Went and visited with Mia yesterday after work. I didn't stay for her feeding so I was home before 6:00. Fed all the animals and spent some time with them and then decided I'll go to Evan's 8:00 soccer game. Didn't get home until 9:30 so I went straight to bed. I'll need to get caught up on Survivor and Amazing Race tonight. I'm visiting Mia earlier today (my boss is leaving at noon so I'll head out then), I should be home at the normal time.

Hopefully one of the boys will stop over this weekend so they can get my Xmas decorations out of the attic. After each holiday, I've been taking the Rubbermaid tubs to the basement so I'll be able to get to them easier each year. Xmas decorations are a different story, way too much to put in the basement so they have to stay in the attic. I'd like to get my lights up outside and the stockings out before St. Nick night. Everything else can be put out gradually.

Back to work, have a great day! :wave:

Hopefully one of the boys will stop over this weekend so they can get my Xmas decorations out of the attic. After each holiday, I've been taking the Rubbermaid tubs to the basement so I'll be able to get to them easier each year. Xmas decorations are a different story, way too much to put in the basement so they have to stay in the attic. I'd like to get my lights up outside and the stockings out before St. Nick night. Everything else can be put out gradually.

I always said I would design my "lottery dream house" with a first-floor storage room!

Welcome to December 1'st! Good cold morning. Very windy also. Only going to upper 40's today. Not planning on doing much of anything today but laundry and catching up on tv shows. Finally the whole house is decorated and cleaned, and I quit!

Have to call handyman today to ask him just when he is coming. He said this week, but since it's already Thursday, I don't see it getting done in the next day or so. I also don't like the idea of his coming after dinner to do it. Too cold outside to be cutting the flooring pieces, too dark outside to do it correctly, even with my outside lights. And I don't want the doors being opened and closed constantly. Going to ask him to do it during the day instead, if he has to , he can cut it in the cellar, I'll live with the mess and clean it up when he's done. I just want to be done with this floor project. 2x is 1 too many, and it's a pain!!

Summer texted me at 10 last night that they had just gotten home . She left at 2 yesterday to go pick up her son, and got stuck in traffic on the beltway for almost an hour. She must have hit it just at rush hour. That made a long day for her, but it kept her mind off of today. Skylar (her son) has my cell # so he will call with an update. I just hope they can do it today and she can X one thing off her list.

I love the idea of a first floor storage room. Our attic is a pain to get into, and some of my totes are really heavy to carry up from the basement.

@flyingdumbo127 --glad your Dad is feeling better

@Snowysmom --goodluck at your Dr appt--hope you like them!

@footballmouse --have a nice visit with Mia--is she still gaining weight?

@Pea-n-Me--that soup looks so good, I still have some turkey left, maybe I'll make a pot for dinner tonight.

Have a nice morning all~~

R (3).jpg

Good morning to all Quackers. It is a brisk but sunny morning in my neck of the woods.
It's been a whirlwind of emotions around here and I've pretty much been laying low, so to speak. Thanksgiving week was rough on many levels. Thankfully, Thanksgiving day itself was good. And for that, I am grateful.
Hoping to get some Christmas decorations up this weekend. I have two trees up, but they both need "fluffed" and decorations put on. I also bought a few strands of lights for the outside. We have a long ramp leading up to one of our doors so I plan to wrap one strand around that and then I'm not sure about the other strand. We have outlets built in to the side of the house, so I need to figure out the best placement of the lights according to where I can plug them in. This being our first year in this house, I'm still trying to figure out stuff like this.
Things with FH are still a mess. I'll just leave it at that.
I am sending so many prayers and good thoughts to all on the thread who need them. The holidays seem to bring out joy but also a lot of stress and sadness for some. I know I've told myself I'll be fine during the holidays, but after Thanksgiving week, I have to let myself realize that I will probably have a very hard time over Christmas. FH will have them the entire weekend as that is just the way the visitation order falls. And, it's really ok as my family will not be celebrating until the next weekend (already planned that way before this mess started) so no fights about who gets them for what holiday, but it's still going to be hard...I was telling myself it wouldn't be so bad, but am admitting to myself now that I will be having a difficult time.
If you have extra thoughts or prayers, a friend of a good friend of mine is entering her final weeks, maybe days as you never know, of her battle with cancer. She is sleeping more and more and they know her time here with them is limited. It seems that many are called home during this season.
Take care everyone.

We are on round 2 here - desserts!

If you have extra thoughts or prayers, a friend of a good friend of mine is entering her final weeks, maybe days as you never know, of her battle with cancer. She is sleeping more and more and they know her time here with them is limited. It seems that many are called home during this season.

:grouphug: Many prayers sent for your friend that she passes peacefully. So sad to have it happen at this time of year, but you are right, one never knows.

Talked to handyman, and of course the first thing he said was 'I was just going to call you', and I told him he was full of it, lol. The plan now is either Mon and Tues night, or Tues and Wed night. If we get a rainy day, he will come and do it before that. He said customers are running him ragged. He's been cutting and delivering wood along with everything else he has to do. He told me he had to butcher one of his cows last night and has to take the rest to auction. He doesn't have time to deal with them anymore. :( I told him he can cut the flooring in the basement and he said that was fine. But he figures he will only have to make about 14 cuts, so he doesn't mind doing it outside. He is going to call me Monday morning about which days, so I will wait for that call before moving anything out of the kitchen.

Waging Good Morning from LA,

Dad is hanging in there. Still coughing some and congested. So far, thank God, I'm okay. Slight (barely at times) runny nose so nothing at all truly cold-like. 🙏he will feel better later in the day. Often early mornings after first waking up and for sure later at night are the hardest cold-wise. Thank you all so very much for your continuing extra prayers for him and me to stay well.

Two morning images with love from me for all of my Quacker family with extra prayers and care! Sounds like many of you could use some added cheer this first day of December. Prayers these pictures bring each of you a smile and comfort.

I'll check in later.

Attachments

• hugs.jpg
    hugs.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1
  • God loves you.jpg
    God loves you.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1
Waging Good Morning from LA,

Dad is hanging in there. Still coughing some and congested. So far, thank God, I'm okay. Slight (barely at times) runny nose so nothing at all truly cold-like. 🙏he will feel better later in the day. Often early mornings after first waking up and for sure later at night are the hardest cold-wise. Thank you all so very much for your continuing extra prayers for him and me to stay well.

Two morning images with love from me for all of my Quacker family with extra prayers and care! Sounds like many of you could use some added cheer this first day of December. Prayers these pictures bring each of you a smile and comfort.

I'll check in later.
This stuff (in Extra Strength if available) was a lifeline for me in October. It’s gross, but helps a lot with the head congestion. Hugs to Dad. :flower3: And don’t forget the Mucinex if he can tolerate it. Feel better!

1669919750846.jpeg
FM_All_in_One_LiquidGel_16ct_1_360x.png

Frog3101 Prayers for your friend for a peaceful passing and for the family with losing their loved one. I am imagine the holidays are difficult for you this year. It is the start of a new life and a new routine. Just go with it and let whatever you feel happen. :grouphug:

@Pea-n-Me :grouphug: for your DD and all that she does.

@flyingdumbo127 Hope your Dad continues to get some rest and do better.

My doctor's appt went well. I really like this doctor which is something I never say about a doctor. She is kind, caring, and knowledgeable. She really listens and treated me as partner in care, not as a doctor directing my care. She asked me about some tests and if I was interested in doing them now. I gave her my opinion on why or why not. She respected my decisions knowing that I had thought about them seriously. She gave me some suggestions for meditations and a book to read. She is very much into lifestyle changes. She was happy I walk and do qi gong and did suggest yoga too. I did yoga and meditated when Chris was with me but I really cut back on the meditation since then. She has motivated me to get going with it again. We did talk about my blood pressure going up when I see the doctor. She asked why I thought it went up and I told her my history with doctors. She was happy I am seeing a therapist. I have not had a doctor who talks with me and listens to what I have to say seriously so that was a wonderful change. She is my PCP for life! Even if I move to Kenny's area she will only be 40 minutes away and it is well worth the drive. The office staff is nice and the lab staff was good too. Her office is in a medical building which is quiet, not crowded, and has ample parking. That can really take down the stress. My retired doctor was at the hospital so parking was an issue and then getting through the hospital to his office was a trek. Sorry for the long story but I have never had a doctor I can say good things about. And I lost 6 more pounds this year. That may not seem like alot but for me it is amazing. Between stress, grief, and not sleeping well losing weight is a challenge.

Time for my last walk of the day. It is windy and chilly out today.

Have a good rest of the day.

Hi everybody!

It's one of those days. I've so far, had a shower, made soup, and hung 1 string of lights. I'm really enjoying the lights! I may need to adjust the soup.

Fairly cool here but not bad.

Yesterday I did lots of laundry. Much of it was freshening up textiles, such as couch throws. I cleaned my comforter. Feels better.

Need to decorate. Can't decide on a tree. There are several in my basement. I'm thinking of getting a live 4-5 foot one in a pot already. My living room is a bit crowded so I think it's best to go smaller this year. Either that or remove a chair and find a place to put it for a month.

So far today, I've redecorated my bedroom and bathroom in my mind. I've got some great ideas but it's not likely to happen before xmas.

So, I'm really scattered today. Maybe I'll get it together tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter