• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Morning dear friends,

Dad and I were up earlier today due to him coughing :( Thanks to God we both did enjoy a good night's rest. He got a good 5 hours sleep he said. Right now, after being up and no longer laying in bed, for a couple hours, dad is doing better. 🙏He truly is on the mend this week ahead toward getting all well. I finished all my Christmas cards yesterday. I wrapped earlier today, dad's surprise bowl. I just need to decide on the granola and berry parts of his gift. I am looking forward to watching worship a little later. Wishing each of you a happy and warm first Sunday in December with love.

:thanks::hug:Luckyrabbit! Always a blessing to see you post, my friend. I will enjoy watching the video. God-willing one day, I will so love to get to view the Candlelight Processional with you and some other Quackers, too!

Lynn, you would love seeing Candlelight. 🙏one day we indeed get to view it together, my friend. I hope you do get to enjoy some fried chicken sometime soon as well. Love the Disney Christmas tree picture. I remember right before Candlelight would start a CM asking everyone in the crowd to shout out "Merry Christmas," as the big 🎄was lit. Special moment for sure.

:grouphug:Snowysmom, I love that you treated yourself to some candy and flowers, too!🌸 Prayers your second walk went peacefully and that you enjoy a good visit with Jeff.

Thank you again, dear Pea for sharing with me a bit about the bazaar. I would have truly loved going with you to check it out. I'm so glad you got to go. Please thought stay out of the 🌧️today! 🙏for the hamster and thank you as always hug to you for the loving care you give to both Grady and Toto!:dog2:

🙏you enjoy a lovely Sunday, PollyannaMom.

I will check back in later 🌼

Spent almost 3 hours in the cellar. Went through every box down there, trash men are going to hate me this week, lol. I have 2 big cardboard boxes filled with folded up boxes. I have 2 contractor trash bags filled with trash. I threw out a lot of stuff, never used, don't need. I have 2 other boxes full of recycled cardboard, and another bag of trash. That doesn't count the 3 or 4 bags of household trash I will have by Wednesday, lol. Just finished watching Year Without A Santa Claus. I can't get through the holiday season without watching The Miser Brothers at least a few times. Now Don has football on, so I've lost that tv for the night.
Have a nice evening

Good Sunday afternoon fellow Quackers. I hope all of you have had a good weekend.
It is really nice in my neck of the woods today, so my oldest and I got the Christmas lights hung. I do think I'm going to have to get one more strand and also a timer. I def. don't want to have to go out each day to plug and unplug them. For now it wouldn't be so bad, but if we get snow between now and when I take them down, that would make it much more of a pain.

@Kirby sending continued thoughts and prayers to your son and entire family.
@flyingdumbo127 good to hear your dad has turned a corner and is definitely on the mend.
@Judique thanks for the lovely pictures
@Snowysmom woot woot for the stew turning out well. I feel like it's always a big "win" when I try a new recipe/something new in the kitchen and it turns out to be not only eatable but also good. lol

I don't have much to report today. It's been fairly lazy weekend all the way around, which is ok, as the next few weeks are going to be busy and fly by.

Take care all.

@flyingdumbo127 and for anyone else who might be interested, here is a video of the first performance of the Candlelight Processional 2022 at Disneyland, 12/03:
Thank you! I would love to be there in person to hear her. In 2014, DD and I went on a girl's trip to WDW the week after Thanksgiving. We had the best time! We went to the CP and was there when Neal Patrick Harris narrated. Another night we were able to stand out in the crowd and listen to Whoopie Goldberg narrate for awhile.

My sinus issues have mostly gone away. They were here for most of last week. I don't know if they were allergy, weather or just plain cold related. I took four at home Covid tests which were all negative. I'm just glad I'm much better.

James had to wait until Friday to get the lumbar shot due to low platelets on Thursday. He hasn't had much reaction to the chemo in the shot, just some headaches and then nausea during the night last night. His white blood cells are showing some response to the stimulate shot he got two weeks ago. His platelets have increased some and his hemoglobin is higher than it's been since this process has all begun. He has another bone marrow test on Tuesday and a meeting with his doctor on Thursday. We're praying that we'll hear some really good news on Thursday.

DD and I went to Lonestar Merchantile in Allen about 45 minutes away Saturday. They have over 200 vendors in their store. It was like going to a Christmas Market without all the crowds. We found some goodies for stockings, DD bought a thing or two for herself and I picked up a gift for a friend of mine.

Went to the early service this morning and then out to breakfast. It was nice being back in church after being out for a couple of weeks. Called and caught up with my favorite cousin this afternoon. I've got a couple loads of laundry going and just passing the time before DD goes to pick up the kids.

Good for you, dear Lynn! I'm so glad you got to enjoy a :santa:movie. Grateful Don does enjoy🏈. I will join you in watching a Christmas movie instead.

:hug:Frog, a lazy day is a relaxing way to spend a Sunday, especially with all you are going through. Thank you so much for your kind words on my dad. He definitely seems much better right now than he did earlier. I am sure praying he gets a good night's rest tonight and wakes up not coughing the way he was this morning.

PollyannaMom, :hug:and prayers you also had a good Sunday. I never had outdoor Christmas lights, but a timer absolutely would be the way to go. I would not want to have to unplug them and then later re-plug them back in each day either! I would love to see a picture of your lights lit if you want to share and such a photo would come out. On a major street that we are very near, every evening at this time of year, the streetlamps are decorated with stars that light up. We've tried taking pictures of them in years past and it's really hard to do while they are lit. Pretty though to get to see.

Kirby! I wish I had known you in 2014! In general, of course, but also because I was at the Candlelight Processional narrated by Neil Patrick Harris in 2014! That was my first time viewing it! I never had heard of this event until that year. I saw it once more the following year. Huge🙏for James on Thursday! How fun Lonestar Mercantile sounds. I would love, besides a church Christmas bazaar, browse at a place like that. Truly grateful that you and your DD were able to do that, my friend.

Wishing each of you a peaceful and good sleep tonight with very sweet dreams.

Good evening.

A quick catch up of the past few days before I go to bed. Not exactly sure when I last posted.

Saturday Sarah came about 3:30 and dropped Paisley off here. Then her family and Jack and I all went to Longwood Gardens for the Christmas display. It had been raining all morning but supposed to stop with a chance of showers in the evening. It wasn't raining when we arrived so we went straight to the café and got dinner. Found a large table in one of the heated tents like a big wedding reception tent. Some of us got food at the café (like a cafeteria) and some at the pizza stand. While we were enjoying our dinner, it poured. We were glad to be under cover so took our time, used the restroom, etc. and stayed until the rain ended. Walked around and saw the train garden, the lights, and the conservatory. Got hot chocolate and Baileys, and got the kids cookies and milk. An enjoyable time. Then we all came back here and there family spent the night at our house.

They spent the night because Sarah and Justin wanted to get an early start to go the Northern Virginia, about 3.5 hours away, to go to the breeder where they got Paisley 6 years ago. The breeder had a 5 month old puppy they wanted to see and ended up buying and bringing home. The kids had no idea. We baby sat Tessa and Carter all day. Took them to church with us. (@flyingdumbo127 I was the one in the striped sweater carrying Carter and Tessa had a black dress on and has glasses.) After church, we went to Dunkin for donuts, then lunch at home, played a while before Sarah and Justin and Archie got back to their house. We took the kids and Paisley home for the surprise meeting. Archie has had a lot of changes today. We shared carry out from Texas Roadhouse before coming home.

Jack and I had ordered quite a few things from Amazon Friday and made a list to shop for. Tomorrow we plan to go get our Bivalent boosters then go to the mall and a few other stores. Planning to go out to lunch. Still waiting for my Christmas cards that I ordered from Shutterfly. So I am trying to get ahead but not succeeding. Need to get the tree up soon.

My beef stew in the instapot turned out really good.
Glad to hear that.
so we may take a walk at a local wildlife refuge called Turners Creek.
We've been to Sassafras NWR. That nearby, isn't it.
I def. don't want to have to go out each day to plug and unplug them.
Instead of a timer, I got this for the garage candles and the manger on the mantel. Not sure if it is for outdoor use.

Off to bed.

Late night check in from me! I read your post wrong, Kirby. I'm sorry, my friend. I saw Candlelight at Disneyland. I've never been to WDW. Just checked and it may have been Beau bridges not Neil Patrick Harris who I thought it was. I apologize. Well that just makes it even more of a prayer that God willing the two of us plus other Quackers truly do get to see Candlelight at Disneyland one day.

:grouphug:Carol, so good to hear from you. I'm so sorry about the rain. Glad you had a good time otherwise it sounds like. I will look carefully tomorrow for you at today's worship service and let you know. I loved that "Joyful, Joyful" was one of today's hymns.

Sweet dreams with extra love to all.

We use a timer on the outdoor lights, too.

Happy Birthday to @Snowysmom this week! 🎈 :bday: 🎈Wishing you a sunny and peaceful day.

@Breezy_Carol What kind of puppy did they get? Is it a Cocker Spaniel? (For some reason that’s coming to me.) We surely will need pics when available!

@Kirby, also praying your son gets good news this week. 🙏🏻 Glad the shot is working for his WBCs. (I remember those caused some pain making the new blood cells so quickly. They might give something with it now that helps that.)

We had good haircuts today; and DD got highlights. Looked so nice when done. I was really cold in the shop. They sell some homemade blankets and things there so I bought one! It‘s a Christmas Mickey and Minnie and I love it! I might keep it in my car for the winter. (But I have it on now!) We went to the place we like afterward and got eggs and toast w jelly. We were still cold and “starving” so we got a cup of their soup first. It warmed us up and tasted so good!

We talked while eating. DD is feeling a little overwhelmed with work and graduate school so she is going to take a two week break between classes in January, which I think is a good idea. So she’ll be done in September instead of August. She’s on her 8th class out of 12 now, so she’s been working hard. (And all A’s! 😳) Idk how she does it, but I’m trying to be supportive as best I can. Her life is mostly work, sleep and schoolwork right now. I’ll be glad when she’s done.

DS mentioned when he came home from the Bruins game last night that the garage of the stadium had about an hour wait to get out, so they walked over to the North End and went to Bova’s Bakery. He brought home a box of pastries including cheesecake and cannolis! :lovestruc Had some cheesecake tonight, yummy. And DH made my mousse and cheesecake cups, I tried one of the mousse ones it was very good, and they look so nice! (They would’ve been a big mess had I made them, lol. We were supposed to do them together but I had to take this hair appt since DD couldn’t do Saturday.) it was nice of him to do that for me. I will have to do something special for him this week.

Oh, I felt terrible last week. I had told my elderly friend I would bring her a turkey dinner that we made last weekend. Well, this Thursday came and I was like :scared1: I never brought one over! It had slipped my mind completely I think because we had the microwave die from the heat from the oven and all the pots and pans on the stove (motherboard fried, and had to buy and install a new one this week), DS had already made plans before he realized we were having the dinner, and DD asked if her bf could come over, so I think I got a little discombobulated. I felt totally awful, but called her and explained. She laughed and said it was fine. But I bought her a store made turkey dinner since ours was all gone 😕 and a few other things she likes and dropped them off yesterday, telling her we’ll make another soon and give her a better dinner than that one. She left me a nice message last night. I still feel like a heel. She was probably waiting all day. 🥲

I’ll be working tomorrow. Hope everyone has a nice Monday. 🐥

QOTD: Do you ever forget random things? Let’s hear about a recent one!

Besides the above story, I forgot a hair appt in early October, and I felt really bad. I paid her anyway because I know that losing money is really hard for her.

I’ve also missed a dog grooming appt and also felt bad. Noticed (not just because of me, I’m sure) that there is a sign up there now about partial payment for missing appts. It must happen a lot!

@Kriby Continued prayers for your DS and family.

Chris and I saw a candlelight processional in early December 2014. We saw Whoppi Godberg. I am not a fan of hers but she did really well and we enjoyed it.

I can randomly forget all kinds of things. I have forgotten once or twice to attend the qi gong class on zoom that my friend leads.

It is 25 degrees here now with highs going near 50. I am walking a bit later, around 7:30 or so. Too dark right now. Can't wait for light in the early morning again.

I visited with Jeff and family yesterday. We played games. Oldest DGD loved Skip Bo probably because she won. I read her 2 books. I love when she asks me to read to her. She snuggles into me and we go over the pictures after reading each page. She is a good reader and loves books but sometimes she just wants Nana to read to her. Jeff invited me to his house tomorrow night for birthday cake. I accepted even though my heart does not want to celebrate my birthday. Chris always made it a special day and I miss that so much. But, it will be nice to see the grandkids again.

Have a good day. Off to work now.

Good morning everyone. A whopping 18 degrees outside right now, and COLD!
@Snowysmom --Happy Birthday Week! party:

QOTD--I have never really forgotten things such as an appointment, or somewhere I had to be--but I can use old age as the excuse for randomly forgetting things around the house. I can go in a room to get something, and stand there wondering what I went in for. Usually I see something in the room that reminds me, lol

Sister in law had to take niece (32- but still acts like 16), to the ER last night. They spent 6 hours there. Niece was feeding their cats outside last night, and noticed a strange cat she had never seen sniffing the food. She tried to feed it and got bit on her thumb and forefinger. She had to get the shots, and now has to do the rabies thing for the next 4 weeks. They live in an isolated part of WV for the most part, and noone seems to know who that cat belongs to. I swear, they aren't happy if they aren't at a Dr appt or the ER for something at least once a week

Talked to Summer last night--she has an awful cold, but the pain from the surgery is starting to wane. 3 of the grandkids all have bad colds too. Guess it's that time of year.

@Kirby--continued prayers for your son and family

@footballmouse we need a Mia update when you have the time, please!

Waiting for Dave to call me and tell me if he's coming tonight or tomorrow night to start the floor. I don't plan on doing anything today, just in case , he will need my help with the floor whenever he does it. I am the 'gofer', and glad to do it, as it always gets me a huge discount on his time and labor, lol

Have a great morning

merry-menagerie-christmas-animal-kingdom-disney-world-380.jpg

Good morning.

Going out for errands in a bit.

What kind of puppy did they get?
They have a 6 year old Goldendoodle and this is a 5 month old Goldendoodle.
I totally forgot a Zoom church meeting a few months ago.

Going to do another post from my phone for pictures.

I forgot a hair appointment earlier this year which is not normal for me. I find that as time goes by I don't pay as much attention to my calendar as I used to. I forget little things more and more frequently but nothing major.

My DIL's birthday was Sunday a week ago. I thought it was her 30th birthday and gave her a funny card commemorating it. Come to find out it was actually her 29th. Ack! I did the same thing a couple of years ago to one of my SIL's. I gave her a 60th birthday card for her 59th. 😄

@Breezy_Carol , I'm going to put Longwood Gardens on my bucket list. One day DH are heading to that part of the country. The farthest that way I have been is Washington DC. Being where we live we usually head West or North and don't cross the Mississippi much. We plan to do more traveling East of the Mississippi in a couple of years.

That's okay Mona! Sounds like we may have been in Epcot at the same time as Snowysmom. Here's a picture we had made in France on December 5th that year by Bruno.
Epcot 2014.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter