Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Just heard from Summer. She got a call that they have an opening for tomorrow, so she will have the surgery they couldn't do 3 weeks ago. She is scared as her Mother isn't here this time, but her best friend is taking her. And now she says the shoulder she had surgery on is bothering her again and she can't even lift her arm. She is in bad shape..bad arm, can hardly walk, etc etc etc Prayers for tomorrow would be greatly appreciated

Glad they can get her in sooner rather than later - Is she the one whose husband works out of town? Can he come home to help her? Take FMLA or something along those lines? If he hasn't already filled out the FMLA paperwork w/ his employer he should in case he needs it to care for her in the future, no harm no foul if he ends up not needing it. I can't imagine going thru so much without my husband there to help me deal with it, his presence might go a long way to helping her heal. Doesn't she have adult children - can they be with her in the hospital and /or help out? Oh - and if the kids are adults, they can also submit FMLA paperwork to their employer because caring for their mother qualifies them for it as well - assuming their employer employees 50 or more people. Here is a link in case any of them need it. Having encouraged more than one employee to submit the paperwork myself, it can be so helpful in difficult situations.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/workhours/fmla

Glad they can get her in sooner rather than later - Is she the one whose husband works out of town? Can he come home to help her? Take FMLA or something along those lines? If he hasn't already filled out the FMLA paperwork w/ his employer he should in case he needs it to care for her in the future, no harm no foul if he ends up not needing it. I can't imagine going thru so much without my husband there to help me deal with it, his presence might go a long way to helping her heal. Doesn't she have adult children - can they be with her in the hospital and /or help out? Oh - and if the kids are adults, they can also submit FMLA paperwork to their employer because caring for their mother qualifies them for it as well - assuming their employer employees 50 or more people. Here is a link in case any of them need it. Having encouraged more than one employee to submit the paperwork myself, it can be so helpful in difficult situations.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/workhours/fmla
Yes he works out of town, and no he can't come home. She just took him back to Pittsburg yesterday and after that they go back to GA. I have no clue if the railroad he works for has anything like FMLA. They always seem to be little 'shady' to me. She has a 22 year old, who works for an electric company and is gone for 2 weeks at a time. The 17 year old works for some computer place and they go all over the place wiring new computers and stuff, so he's not home much. She does have a 16 year old girl, a 15 year old girl , and the 18 year old boyfriend of the older girl, and the girlfriend of the 17 year old boy living there. They are old enough to help her out. I don't have any idea how many people are employed at either of the boys jobs though.

A little more about her husband. Even when he's home, he is basically no help. He can't drive (lost his license), likes to sit around and play video games, and I don't know just how much he helps with the kids, or the house (not much I am guessing).

One of her best friends is going with her tomorrow since her Mom can't come back up from SC again so soon, and on such short notice.
Thanks so much for the FMLA link..I am going to send it to her and ask her if he gets it or not.

Thanks so much for the FMLA link..I am going to send it to her and ask her if he gets it or not.
It’s a federal thing, any HR department at a place with 50 or more employees is obligated (more or less, read details) to adhere to it. So sounds like railroad outfit &/or electric company should meet those requirements.
Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude but her husband should be dropping everything to help, find a way home and get his *** in gear…. Sorry, not for me to say and I’m sure my comments don’t help. I have someone in my family that allows herself to be walked over and it’s a sore point for me.

It’s a federal thing, any HR department at a place with 50 or more employees is obligated (more or less, read details) to adhere to it. So sounds like railroad outfit &/or electric company should meet those requirements.
Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude but her husband should be dropping everything to help, find a way home and get his *** in gear…. Sorry, not for me to say and I’m sure my comments don’t help. I have someone in my family that allows herself to be walked over and it’s a sore point for me.
No apology required. I feel the exact same way. He figures since he busts his *** on the road for 2-3 weeks at a time, and brings home a good paycheck, that he doesn't have to do anything more. He never goes with them if she takes the kids somewhere,,I know he's done a few 'handyman' jobs around the house,,but he's terrible at it. I know, since he put the handrail in for Don, and we had to have Dave our handyman redo it. It was also her husband who recommended the floor guy, and you all know how that turned out!! She does let him walk all over her, we have told her repeatedly to make him help, especially now that she's been feeling so awful, but he doesn't care. He thinks nothing of calling her up at noon on a Friday and telling her she has to go to Pittsburg to pick him up, and then bring him back on Sunday. (they live in WV, and it's not a very short trip. It's tough on gas, and on tolls, plus the time it takes her to get there, just to turn around and drive home.

Hi! It was a hard prep for me, and Dr V said I made him work! The colonoscopy took an hour! There were 4 polyps removed and one in a difficult place.

I am happy this is over. Will let you know what results are. Thank you for your thoughts players and best wishes!

I will be in bed by 9 tonight!

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Haven't read through all of the pages I've missed over the last several days. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!

DH and I drove down to Houston last Wednesday to stay with DS while his wife came back up here to work. DS was admitted to the hospital with a fever last Tuesday evening. He has no white blood cells so anything can take him out. After ruling out sepsis the doctors determined that he had an infection in his gut. With antibiotics, his fever finally went away three days later. Through testing they determined which kind of infection he had and was released this afternoon. Our visit from Wednesday to Sunday was spent in the hospital. They took such good care of him. His wife drove back down yesterday, we probably passed each other on the highway. He is so happy to be in the apartment they are renting. He is going to be self administering the antibiotics over the next two weeks. We're going to be going back and forth, staying with DS when his wife has to work. He had a shot a week ago to help his white blood cells grow. Hopefully tests will reveal that they are soon.

I know that I'm really tired today. I'm not feeling well, running a low grade fever. DH and I both checked our temperature while we were in Houston. We wore masks and sanitized our hands all the time.

Quiet and cool evening around here. It's supposed to be 🌧️much of the week ahead. Dad extra 🙏please for his doctor's appointment on Wednesday morning and then hour and a half (that was the dentist's guess) dental visit on Thursday afternoon. I, of course, feel so badly he has to go through all this and back-to-back. Forever, beyond blessed to know forever God is with him and me, as well, the same as He is with each of dear you!

Pea:hug:, I'm grateful to hear there’s not much going on right now especially after all you have been through health-wise of late. Glad you enjoyed your dinner, too.

Such kind and wise suggestions, Easyas:hug:, as always.

:grouphug: Lynn and a whole lot of extra prayers and love.

:grouphug:Bobbiwoz! 💕please take care and I pray you get some rest tonight, my friend. Prayers indeed!

I “liked” your post dear Kirby because your son is back in his apartment, thank God and that he is able to be there. I, of course, am so very sorry for all he (and you as his mom, of course) have been through❤️🐥🙏.

Stay warm everyone and enjoy sweet dreams with love.

Good Morning. Cold here today, around 31. I am heading out to Kenny's area for a therapy appt after work.

Lynn I am sorry that Summer's husband is not helping her when she is ill and needs help. It makes it so hard for her.

@Kirby I hope your DS fells better from the infection. Thoughts and prayers to all.

@bobbiwoz I hope you get some rest and care today.

Have a good day.

Happy Tuesday!:sunny:

It's going to be nice out today, high in the 60's. Teasing us for tomorrow, a big rain storm and colder weather is supposed to hit us starting during the night. Not looking forward to that.:cold:⛈️

Didn't do much yesterday. I did get my house cleaned and laundry done. I meal prepped my breakfast and lunch for work for 2 days.

Watching the auction site that I get on, I put a bid in on luggage and I'm waiting to see if I get it or need to go in and up my offer. Fingers crossed I get it, it's supposed to be one of Jacob & Livia's Xmas presents.🤞

Definitely need to stop at Kroger on the way home. What a surprise this morning when I discovered I was out of shampoo, I had just enough to wash my hair 😲. I thought I had another bottle in the closet but I don't. I need to stop and get gas also. I'd rather do that on the way home instead of on the way to work in the morning.

That's it for me, have a great day! :wave:

Good morning all

@Kirby--hugs , prayers, and good thoughts for your son and your whole family

Well so much for Summer getting surgery today. She texted us last night. She had talked to the surgery center yesterday, they told her about which meds to take and not to take, to fast after midnight. They said someone would call her back in the afternoon to confirm. She never heard from anyone, so she called, and they told her they didn't have her name down for anything. To just do what they said, in case she got a call this morning..which of course hasn't happened. She lives 1 1/2 hours away from the hospital, so there is no way they are going to call her now. She tried calling her Dr's office yesterday afternoon, but they closed at 4:30. She was going to call them this morning and find out what happened.

I have the tree sitting here waiting to get set up, but don't feel like it right now. Instead I am cleaning the kitchen and taking out small stuff that will be in the way when the floor gets put down. Then I will wash it. The only other thing I have left to do today is vacuum the dining room and living room, and make my grocery list

Have a nice Tuesday--next to last day of November!

3d7931d13072b85d3633222fbe7e7e15.jpg

Good morning.

I feel sorry for Sumer getting jerked around like that. It's not right.

We do things bit by bit. After booking the hotel in Kona, yesterday we bought annual trip insurance. I think it will cost less overall than trip by trip the way we hope to be traveling. This morning booked a room at the Volcano House in the Volcanos National Park. Of course, since we booked the first hotel the volcano started erupting for the first time in 4 decades. We will see. At least we have insurance.

Today is usual Tuesday stuff - church and yoga. A couple of stops in between. And Jack and I are trying to get the treadmill assembled, bit by bit.

Good morning.

I feel sorry for Sumer getting jerked around like that. It's not right.

We do things bit by bit. After booking the hotel in Kona, yesterday we bought annual trip insurance. I think it will cost less overall than trip by trip the way we hope to be traveling. This morning booked a room at the Volcano House in the Volcanos National Park. Of course, since we booked the first hotel the volcano started erupting for the first time in 4 decades. We will see. At least we have insurance.

Today is usual Tuesday stuff - church and yoga. A couple of stops in between. And Jack and I are trying to get the treadmill assembled, bit by bit.
I totally agree. She just called us, and said she got a call saying her surgery was 'rescheduled' for Thursday. It would have been nice of someone to call and tell her that yesterday, instead of making her worried all day long about it.

I totally agree. She just called us, and said she got a call saying her surgery was 'rescheduled' for Thursday. It would have been nice of someone to call and tell her that yesterday, instead of making her worried all day long about it.
How frustrating! I personally have a few medical procedure phobias and for me the anticipation/lead up to a procedure is much worse than the experience ends up being, so to have to go thru the wait & worry twice would have me climbing up a wall for sure.

I've a long drive ahead of me this afternoon, think I'm going to have a quick putz around Audible and see if anything interests me.

I've a long drive ahead of me this afternoon, think I'm going to have a quick putz around Audible and see if anything interests me.

I love Audible!! We actually got it because DS needed a textbook on it, and now DH and I both use it far more than he did. 📚:rotfl:📚

I especially like putting the Harry Potter books on to fall asleep (since I've read them multiple times, it doesn't matter where I leave off) but I also listen to other things sometimes when I'm driving or doing housework.

QOTD: For those who have Audible (or other audio book sources) - What kind of books do you like to listen to? Or do you have any specific recommendation for us?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter