Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning, cool start--42 degrees. But the sun is shining and the rains are gone, temps going to 60. Going to take down the rest of the summer decorations outside, drain the front hose, and store it, turn the water off out there. Take up my little garden fences around my planter boxes/flowers/etc. and take down my herb boxes and store them for the winter. The rain and all the cool nights have just about finished all of them off anyhow.

No other plans for the day--yet

Have a nice morning

OIP.jpg

Good Morning 🐥

Cooler start to Monday here. Weather is supposed to warm up later in the week to upper 80's 🌞Dad will soon be off on a few errands including to Pavilions. Picture to come this afternoon of our Autumn table. Dad got the tablecloth a couple months ago at the 99 Cent Only Store for $2.99 I believe. The material is a light fabric as opposed toa very lightweight flannel back or even heavier plastic. Our placemats ended up being free from Amazon due to an order issue at the time. Thankful, of course, all-around in all.

Hugs to all. I'll check back later.

Heard from our rental owners in Sanibel, and after watching all the coverage, no surprise that they are closed indefinitely. Looking to go somewhere else. First thought of Edisto Island or Kiawah Island but both are in the path of Ian also. Now looking at Destin, Florida area. Anyone been there? Our criteria are beach view, warm enough to swim, and bike trails. 30A seems to have it all.
The destruction down there is just breathtaking, it's surreal. It's going to be interesting to see what the next few years bring to the area. I can speak a little bit to Destin, my grandparents lived there for many years. The beaches are beautiful, sand is white as snow but I'm afraid I don't know about the bike trails.
Two weeks from today I will be in Disney World, and I am looking forward to getting away.
Have a good time!
DD's boyfriend broke up with her last night by sending her a text after she went to bed.
Ugh, what is with kids breaking up by text? That's so cowardly I guess I'd say, hiding behind a text. Hope she is feeling better over it sooner rather than later.

How was everyone's weekend? We ended up going to Lancaster on Saturday, but struck out at the stores we went to. Mostly looking for shoes/clothes for my husband. We did finally trek over to the famous Shady Maple for the first time. We didn't eat there, that's not our scene...the doughnuts were good, but no different than what we have at home - I didn't get the draw of what is essentially just a grocery store. It was the end of the day for us and I must admit I didn't do the whole big crafts area under the buffet building, because by that time I was done and I was afraid it was going to be more of the same. I'll have to check that part out next time I'm up there.

Eldest came over and made up supper last night, fish tacos. They were really good. My husband also make a crock pot full of pork & sauerkraut to have this week.

Nothing terribly exciting happening this week, Was supposed to be on the road this afternoon but job got rained out so there is no one to have a meeting with! Will be on the road tomorrow & Thursday for work, then this Friday up to northern DE to take the foster pup to a eye dr. appt. that I had to cancel last week. We have a birthday in the family this weekend so I ordered a Juniors cheesecake to be delivered Thursday, I got the chocolate dream one and I can't wait to try it! We are also sending those out as business gifts this year for something different than the usual gift baskets.

Time to run home and try to sweet talk the dogs into getting up from their warm beds and go outside in the chilly rain to go to the bathroom. They won't be thrilled, it will more than likely cost me some cheese!

:wave:Good Afternoon!
Easyas, your :dogdance:are so blessed indeed! Thank you always for all you do for so many pups. :hug:Happy to hear you had a more relaxing weekend as opposed to working around your house or being on the road.

Not much going on here. We're going to bake our sugar/chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. Terri will be coming tomorrow afternoon while she's out my way. A few cookies will be a nice surprise treat for her. Plus, she so kindly will deliver birthday bags with cookies inside for our friends Barbara Ann and Linda who will be celebrating together the next day. Also, always such a blessing, of course to get to see her.

:grouphug:to all.

Good chilly afternoon.

Just went out for the mail and the wind is cold.

DH and I decided that since it was not a nice day we would road trip. He wanted to look for new shoes at the outlets and so did I. First stop was the Oxford Diner for breakfast followed by the Dansko Outlet. No luck there. Then to the Lancaster Outlets where we had better luck than @easyas123 . I found shoes at Clark's and Jack found a pair at Merrills. Quick stop at Target for Trail Mix, and Half and Half. Home now.

The beaches are beautiful, sand is white as snow but I'm afraid I don't know about the bike trails.
We did book a 1 bedroom condo, first floor, right on the beach. And it is right near the 30A bike trail that follows 30A for 18 miles, more than I will ride.
We did finally trek over to the famous Shady Maple for the first time.
We have still never been there.

Zoom church meeting tonight.

Good chilly afternoon.

Just went out for the mail and the wind is cold.

DH and I decided that since it was not a nice day we would road trip. He wanted to look for new shoes at the outlets and so did I. First stop was the Oxford Diner for breakfast followed by the Dansko Outlet. No luck there. Then to the Lancaster Outlets where we had better luck than @easyas123 . I found shoes at Clark's and Jack found a pair at Merrills. Quick stop at Target for Trail Mix, and Half and Half. Home now.

We did book a 1 bedroom condo, first floor, right on the beach. And it is right near the 30A bike trail that follows 30A for 18 miles, more than I will ride.

We have still never been there.

Zoom church meeting tonight.

My cats were chilly enough that they crawled under a blanket on the love seat and cuddled up. I put the heat on to 68 degrees.

Mail is still in the box. I'll get it sometime before bed. DD came from work and didn't bother checking.

I have outlet shoes in my closet from both Clarks and Merrells. Guess it's time to pull them up front.

Shady Maple brings back memories of long ago. I had a work friend who took me to her family's home up near Lancaster and introduced me to Shady Maple. That was back in the mid 80ties. We lived on Bolling AFB at the time. What I remember is all the bakery stuff and all the people. I lost track of her when I moved to another job. Now I wonder how her life turned out.

Glancing at their website it looks like time has not stood still. I doubt I would recognize the place now. Back than it reminded it me of another similar all you care to eat business that used to be up in Thurmont, near Camp David. I don't remember the name anymore.

Glad you were able to find a place for your trip south. I'm about 6 weeks out from my trip and have sort of lost interest. I think it's probably watching the devastation down on the coast and feeling powerless.

Anyway, looking through my phone I found a picture I took at Assateague last week.

I got bit by a million mosquitos trying to get this picture as it wasn't easily accessible.

The Ibis tree:
1664836588065.jpeg

Not far from where I took this picture are remnants of a subdivision that was built on Assateague Island. Back in the 60ties a hurricane came through and wiped it off the map. All that's left are a few spots of asphalt where the streets used to be and one or two street signs that sort of indicate that it was once a place people call home. I take a walk through there every few years when I go when it's cool enough not to get attacked by mosquitos.

Last edited:
Hug Carol, I am not a wind 🌬️ fan either. Glad you and Jack both found 👟. Next time you and Easyas should try to meetup at the Lancaster Outlets! I hope the ⛪ meeting goes well tonight.
Bobbiwoz, Champ never liked to go out in the rain or wind! I'm glad :dogdance:went out albeit reluctantly. Much 🙏that he along with you and Tom are cozy now for the evening.

Lovely 🌳picture, Judique. Yuck to the mosquitos. :hug:God-willing you and your old friend may just reconnect one day. Glad Easyas' Shady Maple share brought you good memories.

I've felt cooler today as well. Dad is still in his shorts. It will be back to near 90 by the end of the week. Nice afternoon including the tasty cookies and some happy mail, as well. Wishing all of you a good and cozy good evening and night's sleep.

Judique Love the picture of the ibis tree.

Yesterday when I was working I saw 2 blue jays flying around outside. I don't see them very often so I had a nice time watching them.

I am heading out toe Kenny's area today to see the therapist and take him out to dinner for his birthday. He does not really want to celebrate his birthday any more but I insist. I am getting him cupcakes so he can celebrate with the kids tomorrow night when he has them.

Have a good day.

Good Tuesday morning! :flower:

Missed the whole weekend but got caught up this morning.:surfweb:

I met a couple of my cousins, my aunt and one of my sisters Friday for lunch. It was nice. Got a lot of errands done after lunch. On Saturday me, Jacob (Ds2) and his girlfriend Livia went and toured a WWII ship that was docked at our Public Landing for tours. It was very interesting and it was neat to go through a piece of history like that. Jacob mentioned when we were leaving that he was glad they went with me. The rest of the day was spent running around to different mattress stores looking for a new mattress. I finally found one at the last store I went to! I stopped in yesterday to pay for it because Evan (Ds1) was picking it up after work so I wanted everything done when he got there. It wasn't in stock!!! 😡 Are you kidding me?! I moved on to my 2nd choice and wouldn't you know, that wasn't in stock. People, take the "in stock" tags off!!🤬

I picked up a shift at the hospital on Sunday so that was my day. Yesterday I worked from home and after my mattress disappointment at lunch, I decided to look at one more store that I kept passing up. Finally!!!! I bought a memory foam mattress and he had it in stock so Evan was able to pick it up after work. Little Miss Bargain Shopper decided on a clearance mattress that was originally $1300 marked down to $420. Yay me!!:thumbsup2

Evan brought that over and him and Mitchell (Ds3) got that in my room and then got the old one together so that I can put it out for the garbage this week. I decided I would take everyone to dinner for helping. When we were done eating I wanted to go to my great-niece's high school soccer game, they were playing my old high school and it was close to the restaurant. Bailey (DIL) went with me to the game.:cheer2:

Just need to pick up my Kroger order after work today. Making turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner tonight.🍗

Staying home tonight and hanging out with the dogs & cats :dog::cat:. I'm going to be busy after work this week, I'm working 3rd shift this weekend, and we have our family picnic/baby shower on Sunday 🎀🛍️. I need to give them extra attention tonight and I'll definitely take them for a walk Friday at lunch. Carley has a vet appoint Friday morning for a checkup.🐕

That's it for me. Going to finish my tea and get back to work. Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning all

@footballmouse --great deal on the mattress--hope it works out well for you and is comfortable!

Another Fall day, high temp of 55. Rained a little while ago, calling for clouds all day. Warming up tomorrow. I picked up the rest of the outdoor summer decorations with help from the little boy next door. (the younger one, 5--the older 7 year old is still in NY with his biological Dad). He came running over yelling 'Miss Lynn, can I help you'? I told him to go ask his Mom or Dad first so he did. He is too cute. He was outside collecting crickets to go fishing with . He picked up all the pieces of decorative fence for me and put them in the shed, then picked up some of the decorations. Then said 'okay, back to my crickets', and ran off..lol!

Flooring inspector turned his report into the company, and they denied the claim, with all kinds of excuses, as expected. Floor inspector told me if and when they did-to file an appeal of the denial. They claim the installer didn't follow the instructions on the flooring. There were NO installation instructions in any of the floor pkgs. Inspector says that is standard for them to deny, based on that, but when people push back they usually pay the claim. Worth trying anyhow. It wasn't all that expensive for the flooring or installation anyhow. We had a different guy install it as our usual handyman (Dave) wasn't available. We will wait till Dave is back to work full time, have him pull it up and we will get the flooring from Lowe's this time (as opposed to Ollie's). He won't charge us much and the flooring isn't that much more cost wise. We will just live with it for now.

New tv still in box, but cables did arrive yesterday. Now Don (DH) is worried that I won't be able to lift the tv to get it onto the table top stand we got to mount it to our old cabinet. I told him if I can't do it alone, I will go next door and get our helpful neighbor (the good one) to help.

Off to gather trash and make grocery list for tomorrow

Have a nice day!

Spooky Disney.jpg

Good morning.

Just finished a delicious, World Famous, sticky bun for breakfast. On the way to the outlets yesterday, we stopped at a bakery we had driven by 100s of times that advertised World Famous Sticky Buns. OMG, it was delicious. Now we will have to stop again.

Jack is at Sarah's house. She teleworked yesterday because she had a handyman coming to do some work. Unfortunately, he got his truck stuck in the mud somewhere so wasn't able to start. She, of course, had to go into her office today so Jack is there with Paisley. I go to the church this afternoon.

That's about all from here.

Ugh, what is with kids breaking up by text? That's so cowardly I guess I'd say, hiding behind a text. Hope she is feeling better over it sooner rather than later.
She is lots better. While we were at church she went to her best friend's and spent several hours with her. By the time DD got home, she was in the anger phase and not trying to hide her feelings about the break up anymore.

DD's pick up Sunday night of the kids was uneventful. He brought them an hour early. Tried to fool his attorney that he was flying out that evening but sent a confirmation of his wife's flight via email instead so he had to bring the kids to DD. She got a picture of his truck to confirm that he had driven so no reason for her to go to the airport. Lil Joe voluntarily told DD that dad was staying in town, his wife was flying home.

Then the kids, also voluntarily, told DD that their dad gave them the option to go to their soccer game/baseball practice or stay and laze by the pool. What else would a 6 and 4 year old pick? His thought process is that they made the decision, not him. Lil Joe also told DD that Lou Lou got in trouble for calling her step mom by her name and not her name with mom attached like say Cindy mom. Then Lou Lou told DD in front of me that dad said that DD got mad at him for going by Lil Joe's school. He tries so hard and puts so much effort to put DD in a negative light. This all happened Sunday evening. It was like they wanted to let DD know. It's a good sign that Lil Joe was talking. He usually keeps mum on anything to do with his dad. Lou Lou can be very outspoken so I hope that he is learning from her that it is okay to talk about his time with his dad. We don't ask questions, we just wait for them to spill the beans.

DH and I have been spoiled so far the week. We've been taken out to dinner two nights in a row. Sunday was with his oldest brother and his wife at El Fenix. Last night was with our neighbors at Fish Shack. We're having a great birthday week so far.

Saw this picture on FB a few minutes ago. Someone made a hard decision....
ranch in wine rack.jpg

Last edited:
Waving Good Morning from overcast LA,

I enjoyed long📱conversations last night with Terri and Barbara Ann. Blessing to catch up with them both. Terri plan has changed. I will see her another time. Cookies? Well, they smelled good but tasted not so good, lol. Overcooked. Also, what was strange, is that to me, anyway, the flavor of the chocolate chips was not the same. I am pretty sure that was due to all of our heat! The chips were still loose in their container, just didn't taste all that sweet the way they should. We shall start over on the weekend if not before. Dad is at the laundromat followed by Ralph's. Typical Tuesday morning chores.

Hug, Snowysmom and thank you for making your son's birthday🧁 special and fun.

Sleep extra well on your new mattress 🛏️, Footballmouse! God-willing, one day, I look forward to being able to help dad get a new bed for himself. He needs a new mattress (IMO).

God Bless the precious little boys, Lynn! You all are blessed to be neighbors. I'm sure sorry about the flooring and 📺. Prayers that both get resolved!

Hooray that you enjoyed a treat, Carol. I'm sorry to hear about the handyman's 🛻, that sure doesn't sound like fun to get it unstuck! Prayers that will happen smoothly indeed and that he is able to follow through with doing the needed work.

Continuing big kiddo🙏Kirby all-around. So thankful your DD is feeling better.

Have a good Tuesday, friends. I will come back later.

Just a quick hello. Everyone here is sick. 😓 I’m not, yet, but don’t feel great. 🤒

Yesterday wasn’t a good day. Stuck my debit card in my pocket to go to the bank machine. Lost it. Thankfully a nice stranger called the bank and reported it lost, so they closed the account before I even knew it was gone. I wouldn’t have thought to do that. Bank people said it’s rare to happen. She also somehow left a message on my husband’s phone, she must’ve googled my name and found that number attached. (I tried the same and saw it there.) I left a message thanking her.

Hugs to all. 🐥

Doing last minute packing. Have to run to the pharmacy, because they gave me the wrong prescription yesterday😳. Also need to stop at the bank.

Kris was unable to get chemo again☹️He was a tenth of a point away but they have their rules. He will try again as soon as we return. One week isn’t going to make a big difference according to the doctor, but I still worry.

Just a quick hello. Everyone here is sick. 😓 I’m not, yet, but don’t feel great. 🤒

Yesterday wasn’t a good day. Stuck my debit card in my pocket to go to the bank machine. Lost it. Thankfully a nice stranger called the bank and reported it lost, so they closed the account before I even knew it was gone. I wouldn’t have thought to do that. Bank people said it’s rare to happen. She also somehow left a message on my husband’s phone, she must’ve googled my name and found that number attached. (I tried the same and saw it there.) I left a message thanking her.

Hugs to all. 🐥
I want to sad face and "wow" and like your post all at once!

Sorry everyone is sick.🤢

Yikes about the card! But how wonderful that the person who found it was both kind and smart.

Nice of you to leave them a message back. 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter