Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Friday! :flower1:

Well, my Reds couldn't pull out a win last night but man, it was a great game to watch ⚾. All the players started walking out of the cornfield while the Griffey's were playing toss, the old uniforms the teams wore, the small size of the stands, just a really neat game to see. I missed the pre-show which I'm really mad about but it was my own fault.

My sister is leaving for vacation next week so I dropped off some things that I had leftover from my vacation that she could use. We got to talking and next thing I know an hour went by and I got home just in time for the game after I stopped to pick up my Chipotle 🌮.

DH and I left on Thursday for a weekend in Las Vegas for a concert with some friends.
Sounds like a great time. Glad you were the big winner and how much fun it was to run into old friends!

Good news, the hair dye on my skin is gone :banana:!!!! My hairdresser said to use hand sanitizer and after some scrubbing, it came off.

Got there and only one small activity pool and a snack bar was open...they had closed the slides and wave pool. I was so mad.
I would have been very mad, probably would have left and asked for my money back.

We're having nice weather today, high in the upper 70's, I'll be cutting the grass this afternoon. Have a great day and weekend! :sunny:

@frog3101, I wanted to both like and sad face your post, and I can't partial quote on my phone. -

I think you are right about not lying to the kids, and also that it would be good for you to plan something for yourself while they are with their dad.

But I am sorry about the water park and that your ex is still asking the kids to lie and keep secrets. That is so wrong! (as is him grilling them about you. - The kids should have control over what they want to talk about or not.)

Good morning! 🐣

DS was given tickets to the first Patriot’s pre-season game last night so that was fun. He took DD’s boyfriend with him.

A good friend’s parent passed away on Wednesday night so I made their family dinner yesterday as it was a tough day at the funeral home, etc.

DH has been coming home later than normal due to some late work meetings he has for a week, so our usual tag-teaming wasn’t possible and I had a lot of things going on at once with the dogs underfoot, lol. Was pooped after I got everything done.

DD is off w her boyfriend to NH this afternoon, staying w my sibling at the Lake. She is making a charcuterie board to bring up and got some cute things for their new cat. The board itself is shaped like a paw and will be a little gift for them to keep.

Well wishes for those who aren’t feeling well or are dealing with tough issues. Prayers all around, as always.

Have a Good Friday, everyone! 🌸

Frog Sorry your soon to be ex is still trying to be controlling. It is not right to put the kids in the middle. The younger ones will realize it when they get a bit older. I hope you do find a place to go for a few days to chill a bit.

@Pea-n-Me Envious of your DD in NH. I hope she has a nice time. I just love NH and I really should move there.

It is a cool morning here today. I took the day off. I am going to my good friend's house near Lake Winnipesaukee. It is about a 90 minute drive each way. At least the weather is nice. I took 2 walks so far today since I will be in the car for so long. On my second walk I was walking on the path that is right behind my condo. The cardinal flew right by me at my level and went into the tree next to me. He stayed there for about 30 seconds while I talked with him and watched him. Then he flew away. I have not heard or seen the cardinal in a few weeks. I asked Chris for some signs this morning and that is what he sent me. I was out on the balcony talking with Chris when a huge dragonfly, the size of a small bird, came buzzing by the balcony. The dragonfly circled around outside my balcony 4 times before flying off to a tree across the path. Another sign. Chris must know I am feeling very down and lonely so sent me my 2 favorite signs.

Chris' cousin Joe is about the same. Older DS called the hospice and they said no change. Unfortunately we won't be seeing him this weekend. Next weekend younger DS and I will head over. Older DS calls a couple of times a week to check up. Joe does not answer his cell phone any more. We now have the financial stuff all set up and the health care is taken care too. We are trying to have him get the best care possible and that he does not have to worry about anything. The hospice people are so kind and caring that we know he is in the right place.

Have a good day.

@Snowysmom, so sorry to hear of Joe's decline. :hug:

I'm glad you're going to see your friend. - It's definitely the perfect day for a drive!

How sweet that the cardinal gave you a little blessing on your walk. I had a really bright woodpecker at the feeder this morning, but wasn't close enough to get a picture.

Good morning. Beautiful day on tap. 59 this morning, going to 81 or so, and no humidity! Will be a perfect door installation day. I hope he doesn't have any issues with getting it in. Whoever built this house, didn't care too much about things being square or level, and that has caused problems doing things in the past. I have to corral all the indoor cats when he says he's on his way and shut them in our bedroom, or we will have them escaping out the back door :(

@frog3101 Plan something fun for yourself next week. Go visit your friend, see the movie, treat yourself to a nice meal out. You can't control what is going to happen when he has the kids this week. I also think it's smart not to lie to the kids, as long as you don't 'overshare' with them.

@Snowysmom --Have a safe drive, glad you are getting away for a bit. Enjoy! Nice of Chris to keep sending you signs, he's telling you to get on with life, and that he will always be around watching over you

@Pea-n-Me Hope your daughter has a great time with the bf over the weekend

@footballmouse --glad the hair dye is gone. Never thought of trying hand sanitizer on it,,but since it's basically alcohol then that makes sense

Off to get more stuff done before noontime.

Have a nice morning

R.gif

:wave:Good Morning, friends,

Pajamas I got yesterday. I did not pay $22 for them earlier in the week. At the time I ordered these, they cost $14.32 With tax I paid $15.68. Amazing (not in a good way) how prices are still fluctuating especially during a day on Amazon. I will be getting from Amazon this afternoon a pair of zip off pants. I am truly hoping the material on these will be soft and that I like their fit. Years ago, as in back in 2008 or so, I had a pair of zip off pants that were so handy to take with me that summer on a trip. These days, I like the idea of a lighter than jeans weight pant that can become shorts to wear God-willing walking a few blocks along our street. I will share how I like them and share when I hopefully am keeping them, later.
Dad has gone off to do Friday :laundy:followed by Ralph's 🛒 It's already :sunny:here. I had some tasty 🍎sauce for breakfast. I really do love Sprouts brand of applesauce. I thought of all dear you last night when I read this in advice given to a main character by his late grandmother, about kindness. Grandma said, "It costs you nothing but means everything." :grouphug:🐥Thank you all for living this truth in compassionate faith and friendship daily.

:grouphug:Frog. ITA with PollyannaMom! Lying is never an answer! Extra when it comes to children, IMO. Also, your children's time, as I have said before, should be your children's time! No one has the right to treat anyone let alone family with anything other than kind respect. Please don't let your Ex engage you. I know this is much easier said than done but the next time he says anything out of line, simply remind him one final time that you will not tolerate being spoken to (or texted) in such a manner. End the call! Love the idea of your possibly spending time with a good friend. Truly sorry about the long drive to the water park, how frustrating! 🙏continuing!

That does sound like a fun ⚾game to have watched, Footballmouse. Sorry the Reds didn't win though. Yay about the dye and nicer weather today, too. Enjoy it, my friend.

PollyannaMom🌼 and thank you for sharing such kind and wise words with our friend Frog. Very cool about the woodpecker.

:hug:Pea and I'm sorry about your friend. Thank you (as always) for being a kind friend to their family. How fun for your son🏈 I hope he and your DD's (so nice of him to take him) enjoyed the game. Prayers your DH's work schedule settles down.

:grouphug:Snowysmom. A lake house trip sounds absolutely fantastic to me. Prayers being their provides you much peace. Enjoy visiting with your friend, as well. I do continue to give God great extra thanks for allowing His angel Chris to let you know he is always with and to remind you that so is Jesus!

I hope you are having a good 🌅 morning, Easyas. Did your :dog: let you sleep last night, I sure hope?
Lynn, I hear you about some spaces not being level. Our kitchen flooring for one sure is not even. :cheer2:for no humidity, today. Enjoy it, my friend. Hooray that at last it is 🚪installation day. I truly hope that goes very smoothly and easily.

Happy Friday to all. I will check back later.

Attachments

• Applesauce.jpg
    Applesauce.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1
Good afternoon.

Perfect weather here. Only 82 out and much lower humidity.

We decided to take advantage of the weather and go for a bike ride. Did 5 miles on the canal trail to Delaware City then had lunch at Crabby Dicks on their deck. DH and I each had Maryland crab soup then shared an order of crab balls. Then bikes the 5 miles back to the car.

Nothing else planned today.
I had some tasty 🍎sauce for breakfast.
At first I thought you had tomato sauce for breakfast. :crazy: I hope the zip off pants work for you. I have two pairs I bought at the Columbia outlet on the clearance rack. I really like them. Had the first pair before the Alaska trip and they were easy to wash in the sink and dried quickly. Liked so much I bought a second pair. They pack to easily and are multipurpose.

82 and sunny out, nice breeze. 4 hours later,,one door is installed and done. Looks nice. He is supposed to install some cabinets for someone tomorrow, but if it gets postponed, he will be here to do at least 1 storm door. Then will be back on Monday and Tuesday to finish. Of course whoever built this house had nothing square, or level, and it took us forever to get the door to fit. And that thing was heavy. Put it in, too tight, take it out, saw some off the inside part of the door frame..try it again, still too tight, take it back out..etc..at least a dozen times till it fit perfectly. No wonder my back is screaming at me. Dinner, and a hot bath coming up

@PollyannaMom Have a safe roadtrip!

Have a nice evening all

Lol, Carol, and a :hug: that won't happen since I do not care for tomatoes🍅 period! Sorry for the confusion. I always admire your walking stamina and am so glad you are able to enjoy longer walks. My Houston cousins when Steve's health allows, take daily longer walks, too. Awesome! I am so glad you found a great zip off pants deal and that you are pleased with them. I will share later how I like the ones I get. They have not come yet.

Hug and Prayers, PollyannaMom all went well at the dentist. Safe travels on your upcoming :car:trip. Thank you for letting us know. We definitely would have been concerned otherwise! You are very important to us all! :grouphug:

Dear Lynn :( Why in the world were YOU lifting a heavy door? PLEASE take care of yourself. Big :grouphug:

All is quiet around here. Will check in later hopefully with positive pants news. Oh, the PJ's? They are definitely soft and comfortable, keeping them. I will be asking around to see whether I can find a friend who might be able to shorten them by an inch or so. They still (after being washed this morning) cover part of my foot. I did contact, Hue, the seller by phone. A rep told me that the length on the small size I got is 30 inches. Capri length of their PJs in small is 22.5. I am posting that in case for some of you that may be just right. For me, it would be way too short. I was hoping for 28 inches at the lowest. Alls good though :)

Have a cool and pleasant rest of the afternoon, friends. I'll come back later.

@lynxstch Rest and take care of your back. It sounds like a busy day for you.

@flyingdumbo127 Like the PJs. Very colorful.

I am back from my friend's house. It was quiet and peaceful except for the 2 dogs constantly wanting my attention. They are so cute and love to get patted. The puppy is very well behaved for 4 months old. We talked for a while and then went out for lunch. The diner we went to was too busy so we ended up going for Mexican food. The main roads in Laconia were very busy but she knows the back roads. When I leave I only have to cross the main road to get onto 93 South. The traffic going South was not bad. Going north further into NH was a mess. Her house is in a quiet neighborhood with a nice backyard and with trees and greenery. I would love to live in that area.

Have a good evening.

Grateful to hear to hear you are safely home, Snowysmom and had an enjoyable visit, too.

Don't ever buy pants made by Little Donkey Andy on Amazon. The pair I ordered came. I did try them on briefly (too big). Then I realized, wait a minute, these STINK. Dad said the same thing. There is literally an unpleasant odor to them, yuck. Plus, we both tried converting them into shorts. They did not completely detach (we think that may have been because of a plastic piece that would have needed to have been cut off). Dad said (for him) too hard to do. I actually though they unzipped easily. But since he would be the person (at the laundromat) attaching, then they were too hard. I agreed with him that I won't order anymore zip off pants that we are not able to first see in person. Oh well. He will drop them off at a close by UPS store for a full refund, no packaging needed on our end. I just printed out the return code for a UPS store employee to scan.

In bargain 🛍️Amazon news, we have a free trial of Prime that expires Sunday. We had a $10 courtesy credit to use on any item sold by Amazon (so not by a third-party seller). We enjoy sharing for lunch daily a can of Campbell's Chicken Broth. Regular Amazon price of this soup is now $1.99. At Ralph's or Pavilion's, it's a deal to get at $1.59 a can. Definitely no longer the pre pandemic easy to find $1 price or even a little over $1. Amazon Fresh (which you need Prime to use) had a special offer on this product of 50% off! I snatched up 20 cans! Including the courtesy credit, the cost of these cans will be $9.80. Dad did the math for both of us and said that comes out to about 50 cents a can. Can't beat that! best part is that they will be delivered to our door tomorrow morning by noon. This definitely makes up for the stinky pants!

Have a good evening everyone :)

Quiet today! 🐥
Was off and on today for a few minutes; Nothing new to report here. I was finishing up laundry and starting the 'prepack' stage of packing for a trip. You know, the stage where you pack your stuff, then your DH comes along tomorrow with his stuff for you to pack, so you have to repack all your stuff to fit both of your things in the available space...which then is good until the night before you leave for your trip, and your DH finds MORE things to pack, so you have to repack everything all over again...

Yeah, that was what I did for 4 hours this monring. LOL

Had to print a few more things for the trip (trip insurance) and had to buy and print travelers health insurance (not required anymore for Belize, but still recommended, and it covers more than the trip insurance does, medically).

I feel like my meals are all out of whack from what I've been saying I was going to make, lol. Yesterday, right before dinner, I got cold...like bone chilling cold...so I postponed cooking and hopped into a hot hot hot tub for a little while. When I got out, I felt much better; the NP on the med app (we have through insurance) said my body might have just been reacting to the Polio vax, coming on the heels of the typhoid vax 2 days prior, and the Tdap/Flu vax 2 days before that. I tested, and was neg; no other signs other than a stuffed nose and sinus headache, which is usual with my allergies this time of year. I'll test again tomorrow, and then 2 days from that, just to be sure. I'm bringing 4 tests with us.

Anyways, last night ended up being hot dogs, chips and salad. Tonight was hamburgers, mac n chz, and salad. Tomorrow will be carnitas tacos, with Spanish veggie rice; and Sunday will be BBQ pork on cornbread with slaw. I picked up a package of pecan cinnamon rolls from Publix, when I was at the store yesterday, and they are darn good!

Yall have a good night.

82 and sunny out, nice breeze. 4 hours later,,one door is installed and done. Looks nice. He is supposed to install some cabinets for someone tomorrow, but if it gets postponed, he will be here to do at least 1 storm door. Then will be back on Monday and Tuesday to finish. Of course whoever built this house had nothing square, or level, and it took us forever to get the door to fit. And that thing was heavy. Put it in, too tight, take it out, saw some off the inside part of the door frame..try it again, still too tight, take it back out..etc..at least a dozen times till it fit perfectly. No wonder my back is screaming at me. Dinner, and a hot bath coming up

@PollyannaMom Have a safe roadtrip!

Have a nice evening all
Enjoy your doors! Seems like a little thing (on my end) but I am struggling with doors as well. I have french doors on the back from my kitchen to the deck. Dang Dog keeps ripping the seal strip (I don't know if it has a real name) between the doors, by scratching at it to get in when he's outside. Last time I bought the wrong one and it didn't seal correctly, but that didn't matter as DangDog tore it up quickly. We've started just replacing the spot he makes a tear. But, when he tears it any number of bugs could get in. Imagine me taping my door to keep mosquitos out until I can get to Lowes or HD.

Then there is the front door. Because my house is old, and it has a glass paned original door, I've wanted to keep this original door. I have a full glass double paned storm door that has been excellent. (Try finding a double paned storm door - few and far between). The problem is the handle. I was able to get a replacement from Anderson a few years ago, but it seems to have stripped out and the lever won't stay on. Add that nuisance to my very old door, door frame and limited entrance space and I'm looking at major bucks to upgrade. What I truly want is repair that will last but not sure that's going to happen.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter