Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Friday Eve!:sunny:

The cable and internet are back working in my house! Oh how I missed my TV.:happytv:

Ate like crap yesterday and I'm so mad at myself. Today is a new day and I'm going to do better!šŸ¤ž

Going to our little fair's parade tonight to kick off the fair weekend. I've been going to this parade since I was a little kid, my kids have grown up going to the parade and now I can start taking Mia. We weren't able to put our chairs by my sister's and their family's chairs so we're just across the street from them. People put their chairs at the street curb to hold their place about 2 days before the parade.:rainbow:

Boomer broke one of his nails yesterday playing outside. I need to call the vet when they open in a couple of minutes. He's limping around so I know it hurts, I'm not sure if it just falls off or if they need to take the broken half off.:dog:

Have a great day! :wave:
Hooray for the TV, but hugs to the pup. Have fun at the parade!

Good morning!

Mona so glad you can save the tooth!

Bobbi hope you are having a great cruise!

Auntie, the dogs look great! And right at home!

PollyannaMom, so sorry to hear about your son. Sending healing vibes his way!

Snowysmom hope you are feeling better.

Well DSā€™s team pulled off a win last night 10-3 so they won the title! DS was at work but got a celebratory tipsy phone call from the team manager thanking DS for his participation all summer and saying he was a big part of their win, which was nice for DS to hear! He missed being in the team picture but thatā€™s ok, heā€™s just glad for the win!

Starting a work stretch tomorrow so have some shopping to do today and a few things around the house.

Have a good Thursday, everyone! šŸ„

PS I visited the new kennel yesterday and decided to stick with the old one. I thought the kennels were small for two dogs and it was so loud in there with all the dogs barking! Plus some of their policies seem weird. There was a dog there that looked just like Toto he was just looking at me and not even barking. I felt bad for him, but so cute!

Good morning. Calling for 85 and storms this afternoon. If they are right we'll have rain every day through Sunday and we need it badly.
@footballmouse Glad your tv and internet are working again, was it a minor fix? Good luck to your pup with the bad nail. Hope they can make him feel better.

Nothing new going on. Don has a doctor appt at 10 so I have to get moving.

Have a nice day.

Good Morning Everyone:wave:

Thank you all so much always for your extra dental prayers. I appreciate them and each of you so very much!

:dogdance:prayers Footballmouse along with always YOU prayers, you know that. Please take care of yourself, my friend.

:cheer2:for your son's team, dear Pea. Thankful you have a kennel choice. Our family member's care is a precious peace of mind to have especially on a trip!

:hug:Lynn and doctor appointment prayers for Don, my friend.

:grouphug:PollyannaMom and many prayers that your son is feeling better this morning. Thinking of you!

Dad and I are soon off to Dollar Tree, Marshalls and possibly JC Penney. God willing, I will update this afternoon. Please think good Boost delivery thoughts for this afternoon! Thank you, dear friends. Have a blessed and happy Thursday!

@flyingdumbo127 Glad they can save the tooth. I found that 2 appts for a crown are not too much. My old dentist did the work needed to get ready for the crown and put on a temporary crown. Then 2 weeks later I had another appt to put on the permanent crown. Now my dentist can do it in one appt that takes about 1 hour 15 minutes. Alot of the time is waiting for the machine to make the crown so it is down time.

@Pea-n-Me Congrats to your DS and his team for a great season. Kennels are very different and you can tell which one you feel comfortable with. Always go with your gut.

I was in the office today. Most people in my group agree that August was a tough month for all of us. We all made mistakes and know it is because of all the changes. I am still mad at myself for one mistake I made which I have not done in the 15 years I have been doing this job but challenging times. We did get the check scanner working today so that was a win.

Kenny's court date yesterday was short. He was back by 10 am. Not so soon to be ex refuses to compromise so as of now they will be going to trial but not until mid 2024. Kenny is going to try to encourage her to talk and come to agreements before a judge tells them what to do. One good thing is that ex is moving back to Kenny's town. I think the main reason is her mother cannot drive the one hour to the new place when her daughter wants a babysitter. This town is only 30 minutes for her. But, whatever the reason, the kids will be back in the town they know and love. The judge even said he did not want the kids spending so much time in the car going between the 2 houses. Of course ex did not tell Kenny that she was moving back. She told the court.

Chris' cousin who has cancer called me last night. He has brain cancer, his 8th occurrence of cancer. It is on the dura which is a membrane around the brain. He will have 5 weeks of low dose radiation. I am concerned that his time is coming sooner rather than later. He has very little family as his ex turned the kids against him and his brother is hours away. He lives 3 hours away from Boston. I try to keep in touch with him and what is going on. Kenny has offered to be his health care proxy but our cousin hasn't said yes yet. HIs care is at Mass General. Please keep him in your prayers.

Have a good rest of the day. It is too hot to walk so taking a break day.

Snowysmom, a time when there are truly not many words I can think of only ā¤ļø

PollyannaMom:grouphug:Continuing DS prayers, my friend.

Dad and I did get a few things this morning. I found a second pair of actually more supportive slippers at JC Penney. They were very expensive for us but after yesterday's dental charge they were super cheap! :) Waiting to hear from Dr. E. Dr. A kindly emailed me back already saying it was great to meet me yesterday, such a kind man. Thank you all so much, so very much, for your dental prayers. Snowysmom, I sincerely appreciate you always you know that, and your sharing your crown experience with me. One crown was back in 2009. My memory of that appointment was that they were definitely two longer ones. Of course, that was a long time ago. For me, the issue is opening at all for a longer time is not easy or a good idea. Which is why my 15ā€“20-minute cleanings so often are perfect. I will definitely be talking with him and go from there. Just such a blessing that the tooth can be saved and overall, in a relatively simple way, too.

Boost came through early and with flying colors! We are so grateful. The delivery lady Rosalind was very prompt and friendly, great service. Waiting now for an expected Amazon and possibly Walmart package. Mail looks to be one solicitation :P

Have a good rest of the day everyone! Thinking of you with love.

@PollyannaMom Sorry your DS is still not feeling well. Sending thoughts and prayers for a better day.

@flyingdumbo127 Not being able to keep your mouth open for long is an issue and it is nice that you have found a dentist who is willing to work with you.

Another hot day ahead but at least it will be a few degrees cooler than yesterday. It was 93 here yesterday. Jeff's kids had a half day of school due to the heat. I did not walk as the humidity and the heat were awful. I will try today. I am going to the condo to see the shades Kenny installed the other day and to clean some of the wood floors. Kenny tried out the washer and it worked well and he found out how to turn the water on and off. I usually keep it on unless I am traveling.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning

@Pea-n-Me So sorry for the unexpected loss

@PollyannaMom :( to your son still not feeling well

@Snowysmom :( for Kenny and the court date. It's so hard on everyone when it keeps getting dragged out. I'm glad the kids are back in the same town
@Riley mrn Welcome to our little thread :welcome:

We got one brief storm yesterday morning, just as we walked out of the medical building. We were soaked by the time we got to the parking garage.

They are calling for storms this afternoon , but who knows if they will show up. Temps should be low to mid 80's.

I just finished laundry and swept the kitchen. I have a lot of things that need to be done, but most of them are outside, and I have to wait for cooler weather.

Have a great Friday!

1694177684640.png

Iā€™m in a bit of a fog today, was up much of the night.
Had an unexpected death in our family yesterday. Tough day. šŸ˜¢
Any extra prayers for him would be much appreciated.

šŸ„ :grouphug:
Sending my sympathy ā¤ļø Look after yourself, too.

@PollyannaMom How's your son today? Better, I hope.

@flyingdumbo127 So glad you're getting good dental care.

Good wishes to all of you on this lovely, community thread. :grouphug:

Keep cool everyone!

Good Morning,

Checking NOAA hurricane center this morning for news on Hurricane Lee. I'm an alarmist when it comes to hurricanes so keep that in mind.

Anyway, this looks to me just like Hurricane Isabel from 2003. Hope I'm wrong!

It's far away right now but is at Category 5 this morning.

I hate when we lose electric as do most people. I no longer own a generator and have not followed up on installing a whole house system as it's been relatively quiet around here for quite a few years.

Hope all are doing well!

Good morning to you all. Not a whole lot to report, same old stuff going on. Work, up in tractor, hot, so on and so forth. No much planned this weekend. Might go out for breakfast Sunday. Hunting season has started, so we are adding that to our calendar juggle.
I've got some surprise late sunflowers popping up here and there in the fields which we can see from the porch, so that's nice to get a glimpse of. Hummingbird feeders are down and the barn swallows have made their way elsewhere. We were to get a new foster dog this weekend, but the owner made other arrangements last minute, something that happens often enough. I'm waiting to hear back from the guy I'm buying some firewood from, hopefully he can deliver it this weekend or next. Don't need it right away, I just like to get it stacked and put up...it's my late summer exercises/project ;)::yes:: I have these large three sided crates (for lack of a better descriptive term) that I like to stack the wood in, then I can lift if with the forks and store in the barn. When we need wood we can just pick up one of the crates w/ the forks and bring it down to the house. I suppose I ought to order a pallet of pellets as well.
Since I don't have much planned this weekend I may (finally) excavate my closet and thin things out again.

It's been a bit since we've had a QOTD, so I'll pose one regarding possibly going out to breakfast!

QOTD: Which do you prefer: going out for breakfast? Going out for lunch, or going out for dinner?
Me? I like them equally I suppose. I think we go out for breakfast or dinner more frequently than lunch.
Up early here. Unfortunately, a good day was followed by bad night. :(
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your son has a easier go of it today & this evening.
Iā€™m in a bit of a fog today, was up much of the night.
Had an unexpected death in our family yesterday. Tough day. šŸ˜¢
Any extra prayers for him would be much appreciated.

šŸ„ :grouphug:
I'll keep you & yours in my thoughts. I was sorry to read this, I hope all is going well.
hey are calling for storms this afternoon , but who knows if they will show up. Temps should be low to mid 80's.
I sure hope they show up for us. We had the warnings yesterday, but no dice. We will see if we get them tonight or this weekend. Things are getting a bit dry around here, although we are also getting close to harvest time so decent, dry weather would be good. Double edged sword.
It's far away right now but is at Category 5 this morning.
I don't think it will be a issue for those of us in our area of the mid-atlantic, maybe up northern NE and the Nova Scotia area. Does look like a hell of a storm though, hope nobody gets walloped. By the way - I stopped at you favorite farm stand the other day (Ma&Pa's) and got some great tomatoes! We are having BLT's tonight I think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter