Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Let us know more about the Omaha steaks. Sometimes I see specials and get interested in ordering at least once but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
We've tried them already. We've had the chicken breasts, the ground beef burgers, the pork chops (we got the $99 special the first time). We've had the brisket burgers, the ny strip ones and the Wagyu ones.. The chicken, pork and hot dogs are really good. Don likes the burgers, but I don't see anything really special in them to justify the cost. We still have the filet mignon's that came in the first pkg. So I don't really know how their steaks are, we're going to order some the next time.

The only disappointment we have had from Omaha Steaks has been salmon filet. They were so dry. Other things have been good. We’ve been gifted filet mignons a few times.

Tomorrow we begin the DVC MC!

4th floor studio at SSR, and our view of the fountain, so high!

IMG_4905.jpeg
Swimming was fun today. Around 6, as hot as it was, the breeze felt cool! It’s in the 80’s, really so nice!

Good morning. I am taking care of Kenny's GF's cat while they are away. I am not fond of cats to be honest. I feed her and give her water. She has been meowing up a storm probably missing her person. She tends to hide and only come out occasionally to glare at me. We have agreed to be civil or at least I have. Glad they are back tonight.

It was nice to see Jeff, Aimee, and the grandkids yesterday. We talked about their Disney trip. They had alot of fun. Sam did well on the plane. He charmed one of the flight attendants. He does have a sweet smile. We played a game and had lunch. They were going to their other grandparents house in the afternoon. I feel bad that I do not have a place where they can go into a pool or play in a big house in their own play area like Aimee's parents do. We had a nice play area for them at the house Chris and I shared but I can't do that anymore. I am aware that they will likely not visit me much at my condo. I go to their house all the time. It is what it is.

I will be taking a walk and going to Trader Joe's. It should be quiet there this morning. Then some more work and maybe Kohls. Kohls is a good place to just wander around and see what there is even if I don't buy anything. I dropped stuff off at the condo yesterday so I may take a break day today.

Have a good Labor Day.

Good morning and Happy Labor Day!
Summer's last hurrah with the heat I hope. 94 yesterday, 94 today, and same for most of the week. Grass is turning brown again, we need rain badly.

It's too hot to do anything outside but grill, so I'll make ribs for dinner tonight. Burgers were good last night. I actually find Omaha's regular burgers more tasty than the 'fancy' ones, but maybe it's just me.
No plans for the day. It may be called Labor Day, but I'm not planning on doing much labor, lol

Have a great day everyone

1693831570803.png

Thanks extra to God that you are finally not doing much labor today dear Lynn! About time, lol! :)

Snowysmom, as you know, I am not a cat person either. Thank you, of course, and all of you other dear Quackers for the love and care you give to all of God's creatures and humans, too!

PollyannaMom, sorry you may not have gotten a truly good night rest. I also woke up earlier.

To anyone going to Kohl's today, remember to print out the $10 off $25 coupon on their website. Today is the last day!

Love to all. I will God willing come back later :)

Slipping thread save! Prayers all of you are having a good day! Dad and I did go to Kohl's this morning. I was able to get a pink long sleeve shirt that is in between weight of a regular long sleeve T and a sweatshirt, perfect for out here. Dad, sadly, didn't find anything this time. We will be going to old Navy next week because we have $10 off $25 in Super Cash+a free $2 Reward on our account. Dad also cashed in to Coinstar our extra coins yesterday which gives us $18 at Old Navy more. So, our 🛍️ trip will be paid for pretty much depending, of course, on what we get.

Quiet afternoon here. Thankful to be home!

As a p.s. Please PM me by Wednesday to invlude a message within a few Quacker family members notes. Notes will be mailed Friday. Thanks, everyone:grouphug:

Hugs always to all with love.

Last edited:
Good morning. It is supposed to be hot here today and most of the week. September can certainly be very hot. I remember first days of school where it was so hot we just sweated through school. No AC in the schools in those days. Sometimes we had class outside.

Have a good day.

Good morning. It is supposed to be hot here today and most of the week. September can certainly be very hot. I remember first days of school where it was so hot we just sweated through school. No AC in the schools in those days. Sometimes we had class outside.

Have a good day.
We always went back to school around my birthday and I hated it! Especially given that my best friend’s birthday was June 17! DH and I both have bdays this weekend but unfortunately I have to work on his and half of mine! Oh, well. DD is going to take him out to their favorite Chinese place on his bday and he is happy with that. We’ll probably have breakfast out on mine. As long as I get a little bit of bday cake I’m happy! Today I have to remember to pick up DH a card and a GC, going to get him a Disney one. I also got him some shifts and a few other little doo dads.

We were able this weekend, finally, to plan a trip to see DD graduate, out of state, this fall. We were waiting to see what our schedules were (so hard to actually get time off the way you want it when you work in a hospital) and fortunately we were able to make it work. So it was fun to do a little planning. I’m going to surprise DD with a cake there in school colors, and I was able to order her school nursing pin which she’ll be surprised about. She’s managed to get her MSN with a 4.0 (down to the three week mark but she’s got a 100 in this class) - I’m so proud of her, she has worked super hard these past 26 months. So that’s exciting and we’ll get to do some fun things for a few days. (Neither of my kids had graduation ceremonies from their undergrad colleges due to Covid.) She is just so ready to be DONE! I am going to try a different kennel for the dogs to see if it makes a difference with Toto’s skin. 🤞

That’s about it here right now. We had a quiet weekend which was nice. DS was able to make a switch for tonight so he can pitch in a playoff game, and I’ll get to go to that. Hopefully it might be enough if they win tonight to secure the title for this season, but we’ll see! I think he said he’s going to play fall ball so that, too, will be nice to keep it going for a bit, I always loved fall ball when he was growing up.

Been praying for all of us here. I hope everyone has a nice Tuesday! 🐥

Good morning all
@Makezizz Welcome to our little thread! :welcome:

Another hot early September day. They say we may break the record of 98. We have to go and get lab work done for Don, so we're going to go as soon as he's ready. He can't tolerate the heat well anymore. It's even been bothering me and that almost never happens.

I puttered around yesterday, washed the floors, took all the wastebaskets out and scrubbed them and let them dry in the sun. Little odds and ends. Made a grocery list and then said 'that's all the labor I'm doing', lol.

@Pea-n-Me Glad you are able to schedule a trip to see your daughter's graduation. She worked hard for that, she should be very proud of herself!

Stay cool everyone, and have a great day!

1693917804111.png

Happy Tuesday Morning!:sunny:

Been off for a long weekend. The weather has been great around here although we do have rain predicted for tomorrow. We need it so I'm not complaining.☔

Let's see, where do I start. Thursday after work I picked Mia up at the babysitter's. We stopped at TJ Maxx to get the Disney cookie jar but they were both gone 😣, hopefully I remember tomorrow to stop at another one that I'll be passing 🤞. This was the first time Mia sat in a cart, she was having a good time flailing her arms all around. Of course she had to have a new toy.😏

I took off work on Friday because the weather was just too nice to be stuck in an office ☀️. I cleaned my house, ran some errands and stopped at the grocery store. I wanted to get all this done so I didn't have to go anywhere on the weekend.

Saturday I got up and worked in the yard before it got too unbearable. The rest of the day I layed out by the pool 🩱. I even cooked a pretty good dinner for myself.

Sunday I finished up the laundry and mopped the kitchen floor. The worst chore in my opinion 😫. Jacob and Liva stopped over for about an hour. His employer doesn't have any work in Cincinnati so he's been going out of town to work. He's making good money but Liva is on his butt to find something different. After they left I went back out to the pool for the day 😎. Later that night I drained my pool and will be packing it away this week.😭

Yesterday it was my holiday to work at the hospital so I was stuck inside all day 😠. That hurt. I really would have liked one more day by the pool. Atleast I was getting holiday pay.💰

Today is back to my normal work week. I really need to win the lottery!🙏

Makezizz - my dream is to move to Orlando, lucky you!!!

I want to buy something for my niece for her, any ideas what might be good?
I never buy clothes for a gift. I usually buy toys that they can use in 6 months (Amazon has a bundle with balls, blocks and another toy), I don't think people think of things they'll need later in the year. The last 2 people that had a baby, I bought a couple of boxes of diapers in different sizes.

Well that's about it for me. I think I wrote a chapter to a novel 😳! Have a great day! :wave:

Welcome Makezizz! :)

:bday:upcoming to you and your husband dear Pea! Please celebrate in some way! YOU are a very special lady!

Wow it sounds 😎out there for many of you. It's cooler here. Keep cool friends.

Dad will soon be doing his Tuesday morning usual of laundry and Ralphs. Boost will hopefully deliver more Aquafina this afternoon!

One extra reminder to PM me please if you would like to be included in a group note to a few of our Quacker family members. I will be mailing our notes by Friday.

Have a terrific Tuesday, dear friends with love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter