Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

:hug:Bobbiwoz and enjoy your visit with your Houston family. Thank you for the reminder to reach out to my own Houston family--our cousins Steve and Ruth.

I read this Scripture a few days ago and thought of all of you. May reading these words bring each of your ❤️'s extra 🕊️with reassurance that God is with you always.

If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. (Psalm 130:9-10 NKJV)

Amazon has been delivered. We're now waiting for regular mail and Target through UPS📦Quiet afternoon otherwise. We'll watch more pooh:and figure out where we want to try to go tomorrow, too.

Have a great rest of the afternoon, dear friends🌸

Hello fellow Quackers! Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I haven't left, just took a small break.

James is doing well. He is down to one hospital visit a week for blood work. I leave on Sunday to stay with him for a week and half. I'm looking forward to it, haven't seen him since around the first of April. He's still in Houston, has to stay down there for 90 days, he's about in the middle of that, with a caregiver. That's what I will be there for.

We've been having daily storms for about the last week. No tornados just large hail mostly. We've been fortunate not to have received any of the hail. We're expected to get up in the low 100's by the weekend, a little early for the summer.

The kids are being picked up tomorrow evening for their summer stay with their dad. The situation with him has not changed.

Grateful eggs have gone down in price to $2.99.
Our Kroger has the 18 count large for 99 cents this week!
We're getting a bit of smoke from wildfires in Canada.
Saw some pictures, the air looked so nasty.
QOTD: Are you and introvert, an extrovert, or a combination of both? Describe yourself.
I'm an introvert. I prefer small groups of people over large but don't mind large crowds at events. I'm a wall flower until I get to know you, then have no problem conversing with you. I'm not afraid to be by myself, don't have to have company but enjoy it when I do.
Life is a real struggle these days. I’m trying to come to terms, but not really getting there.
:hug:
that stamps will be going up on July 9th
I need to get my order in. Thanks for the heads up!
but there are still some really good horses racing
I missed the whole Triple Crown this year. Does anyone remember watching horse racing on tv back in the 60's. As a kid, I used to watch horse racing on tv. It may have been local, I don't know but you could bet on the races somehow. I couldn't of course but it was fun to take a racing form and pick my winner.
I'm still trying to figure out what to get my dad for Father's Day!
Carol and the kids bought Joe a baseball cap that says Papaw. Then she and James went in together and she made this cup for him:
20230614_151824.jpg20230614_151845.jpg
The first two people are James and Chelsea, then Joe and then Carol and the kids.
Have any of you watched the documentary…..Shiny, Happy, People?
I've thought about it. I enjoyed watching Earth Storm documentary on Netflix recently. Currently watching NYPD Blue on Amazon Prime.
thanks to God, dad is safely home! I'm so grateful this procedure is now behind him.
So glad to hear!
The shopper reported that the Ralphs he was at is out of Aquafina. We don't want any other water.
I'm partial to Kroger water and Ozarka.

Monday was our 42nd wedding anniversary. James and Chelsea made dinner reservations for us at Texas https://www.thesonoftexas.com/ for last night. They foot the bill and we enjoyed it immensely. Our waiter was on point and we received a complimentary anniversary dessert.
20230613_200655.jpg

I wanted to share something that came across my Facebook feed a couple of days ago for those who are grieving.

Grief  3.png

The first weekend in June, Joe and I drove up to Oklahoma for my uncle's 90th birthday party. It was a whirlwind visit but so worth it. We got to see family that we haven't seen in several years.

Last Saturday night we took the Gkids to the Mesquite Championship Rodeo. We signed Lou Lou up for Mutton Busting but she didn't get chosen. She and Lil Joe did get out in the arena with about 100 other kids to chase a couple of calves around to try and take a ribbon off of their tail for a prize. Lil Joe got real close to one but froze at the last minute. He's never been that close to a real calf before. 😄20230610_201622.jpg

Well, I'll leave you with a picture of my Hardy Hibiscus.20230612_133157.jpg

Attachments

• 20230614_151824.jpg
    20230614_151824.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
:grouphug:Kirby with so much ❤️Thank you for sharing such precious family pictures with us, my friend. Prayers always for you and all of your family, grandkids especially and of, course James. Thank you for the 🥚information. We would never use 18 (I don't think) before they would expire. Dad will check it out though at Ralphs on Friday.

Still no Target package. UPS just says it will come by 7pm. It's 4:10 here now so still plenty of time. Tomorrow morning, God willing we are planning to go to Target along with a 99 Cent Only Store and Dollar Tree. All on the same street in one area. Big Lots, perhaps, too. Prayers appreciated, of course, for safety and health.

Attachments

• Ducks.jpg
    Ducks.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
Does anyone remember watching horse racing on tv back in the 60's. As a kid, I used to watch horse racing on tv. It may have been local, I don't know but you could bet on the races somehow. I couldn't of course but it was fun to take a racing form and pick my winner.
I do! My dad watched on TV, and we sometimes went in person. I remember picking $2.00 bets that he would play for me, and how the concrete floor was always covered with everyone's losing tickets at the end of the day. (It's funny the details that kids remember!)

I got home from watching the twins just in time to beat the thunderstorm we're having now! They were kind of sniping at each other a bit today - tired from field day at school, I think. But we managed to have some fun listening to Hakuna Matata in the car. (Disney to the rescue again!!)

Came back quickly to say ::MickeyMo:cheer2:for coming to the rescue indeed, PollyannaMom. I'm so very thankful you made it home safely before the ⛈️Please stay home and safe.

Our Target packages both came. One unexpected item we didn't order of a children's picture book was included. We did order and recieved a spot the differences and hidden picture type of books so maybe the packer by mistake gave us this 📕as well. We will bring it and our order slip to Target in the morning.

Extra prayers for sweet dreams to all of you with love.

Last edited:
Good Morning All!:sunny:

Hung out with the dogs last night. The lab puppy that lives next door was sitting at the fence watching mine play with their soccer balls. I felt bad for him so I gave him one of their extra soccer balls. He was having fun playing in his yard. I was telling the little boys who were there that they had to throw it to him. He just liked playing a game of keep away from them. Now all 3 have a soccer ball.

Watched the Reds game last night, turned into a homerun derby for my team.

Made a big taco salad that I can take to work today and have for the weekend. I work night shift this weekend. I made pork chops in the air fryer for dinner last night and tonight. They were really good.

Has anyone ordered anything from Amazon and then had to return it recently (last couple of months)? I don't get the option to return it to Kohl's anymore, it's always at the UPS store. Has Kohl's stopped taking Amazon returns? I liked returning the packages there b/c you would get a $5 off coupon. Came in handy sometimes.

Good news, Jacob didn't break his foot. He has it wrapped and I told him to make sure he keeps it elevated and ice it.

That's it for me, have a great day! :wave:

Good Morning All!:sunny:

Hung out with the dogs last night. The lab puppy that lives next door was sitting at the fence watching mine play with their soccer balls. I felt bad for him so I gave him one of their extra soccer balls. He was having fun playing in his yard. I was telling the little boys who were there that they had to throw it to him. He just liked playing a game of keep away from them. Now all 3 have a soccer ball.

Watched the Reds game last night, turned into a homerun derby for my team.

Made a big taco salad that I can take to work today and have for the weekend. I work night shift this weekend. I made pork chops in the air fryer for dinner last night and tonight. They were really good.

Has anyone ordered anything from Amazon and then had to return it recently (last couple of months)? I don't get the option to return it to Kohl's anymore, it's always at the UPS store. Has Kohl's stopped taking Amazon returns? I liked returning the packages there b/c you would get a $5 off coupon. Came in handy sometimes.

Good news, Jacob didn't break his foot. He has it wrapped and I told him to make sure he keeps it elevated and ice it.

That's it for me, have a great day! :wave:
I've had that issue a few times lately. Usually with items I order from a third party seller. But I had that issue 2x with items shipped and sold from Amazon. I've had to get on the phone or on a chat and complain until they send me the return QR code to take it back to Kohls. They keep telling me that the option should be on the return page, but it hasn't been. They also tell me they are doing it as a 'one time courtesy.' Well so far, every time I've been able to return the items to Kohls. I also just got an email saying if I didn't return a certain item by such and such a date, I'd be charged for it. The item had been returned along with 5 others weeks ago. I called, she looked it up and said 'oh yes, I see it was returned, disregard the email." Yeah, no kidding, but what the heck is with amazon customer service lately, it was always great for me, but not anymore.

Good sunny morning. Gong to be in the low 80's today. My neighbors just left for vacation so I'm watching the house, taking in the mail, and watering the garden. I don't have any issue with it, they are the 'good neighbors' lol.

Errands and shopping got done yesterday, I paid $.92 for large eggs at Aldi's, Walmart's egg section was almost empty, and the tea shelves were almost bare again. There can't be that much demand for tea all of a sudden, lol. Second week in a row I can't find what I want.

Had to tie the tomato plants up again yesterday, they're growing fast, and the winds yesterday were pretty wild. I have a few little tomatoes on them now, and the leaf lettuce is almost ready to pick some.

I plan on washing the kitchen and bathroom floors today and washing the rugs. No rain in sight, so I'm safe, lol

Off to get the rest of my daily chores done.

Have a good day

1686832622872.png

Hello fellow Quackers! Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I haven't left, just took a small break.

James is doing well. He is down to one hospital visit a week for blood work. I leave on Sunday to stay with him for a week and half. I'm looking forward to it, haven't seen him since around the first of April. He's still in Houston, has to stay down there for 90 days, he's about in the middle of that, with a caregiver. That's what I will be there for.

We've been having daily storms for about the last week. No tornados just large hail mostly. We've been fortunate not to have received any of the hail. We're expected to get up in the low 100's by the weekend, a little early for the summer.

The kids are being picked up tomorrow evening for their summer stay with their dad. The situation with him has not changed.

Our Kroger has the 18 count large for 99 cents this week!

Saw some pictures, the air looked so nasty.

I'm an introvert. I prefer small groups of people over large but don't mind large crowds at events. I'm a wall flower until I get to know you, then have no problem conversing with you. I'm not afraid to be by myself, don't have to have company but enjoy it when I do.

:hug:

I need to get my order in. Thanks for the heads up!

I missed the whole Triple Crown this year. Does anyone remember watching horse racing on tv back in the 60's. As a kid, I used to watch horse racing on tv. It may have been local, I don't know but you could bet on the races somehow. I couldn't of course but it was fun to take a racing form and pick my winner.

Carol and the kids bought Joe a baseball cap that says Papaw. Then she and James went in together and she made this cup for him:
View attachment 767751View attachment 767752
The first two people are James and Chelsea, then Joe and then Carol and the kids.

I've thought about it. I enjoyed watching Earth Storm documentary on Netflix recently. Currently watching NYPD Blue on Amazon Prime.

So glad to hear!

I'm partial to Kroger water and Ozarka.

Monday was our 42nd wedding anniversary. James and Chelsea made dinner reservations for us at Texas https://www.thesonoftexas.com/ for last night. They foot the bill and we enjoyed it immensely. Our waiter was on point and we received a complimentary anniversary dessert.
View attachment 767753

I wanted to share something that came across my Facebook feed a couple of days ago for those who are grieving.

View attachment 767740

The first weekend in June, Joe and I drove up to Oklahoma for my uncle's 90th birthday party. It was a whirlwind visit but so worth it. We got to see family that we haven't seen in several years.

Last Saturday night we took the Gkids to the Mesquite Championship Rodeo. We signed Lou Lou up for Mutton Busting but she didn't get chosen. She and Lil Joe did get out in the arena with about 100 other kids to chase a couple of calves around to try and take a ribbon off of their tail for a prize. Lil Joe got real close to one but froze at the last minute. He's never been that close to a real calf before. 😄View attachment 767756

Well, I'll leave you with a picture of my Hardy Hibiscus.View attachment 767754

Happy Anniversary! Hibiscus is one of my favorite summer flowers. I had them in Texas, along with a yellow rose bush that I planted because I love yellow roses. I'm still trying to buy Hibiscus up here but it's a process because I want to buy an almost dead one from Lowes to re pot, feed, water and bring back to life. Usually I've done that for $5 to $7 but this year it's 50% off and that's $15 to $20. I also want the big, double blooms.

The mug was a really cute idea. I'm folding that in the back of my mind.

Sorry the kids have to go.

Yesterday evening I had 14 tomatoes on my 2 'medium size tomato' tomato plants that I have in 2 pots. Some are as large as 3 inches. Others are maybe 1-2 inches. None are red yet.

Also have a cherry tomato plant and it's loaded and some are turning color. Last year I had 2 plants in the ground.

In the past I've grown and watered a big tomato patch but so many went to waste I stopped planting them.

I'd like to find those flavor bomb seeds.

Good sunny morning. Gong to be in the low 80's today. My neighbors just left for vacation so I'm watching the house, taking in the mail, and watering the garden. I don't have any issue with it, they are the 'good neighbors' lol.

Errands and shopping got done yesterday, I paid $.92 for large eggs at Aldi's, Walmart's egg section was almost empty, and the tea shelves were almost bare again. There can't be that much demand for tea all of a sudden, lol. Second week in a row I can't find what I want.

Had to tie the tomato plants up again yesterday, they're growing fast, and the winds yesterday were pretty wild. I have a few little tomatoes on them now, and the leaf lettuce is almost ready to pick some.

I plan on washing the kitchen and bathroom floors today and washing the rugs. No rain in sight, so I'm safe, lol

Off to get the rest of my daily chores done.

Have a good day

View attachment 767861
What kind of tea are you trying to buy?
I drink hot tea about once a week so I'm not a heavy user. With my one coffee per day, that's my caffeine limit.

The one I like is Ceylon Orange Pekoe from Twinings. I've got 1 tea bag left of this variety.

The cupboard is full of other stuff, that my DD's will drink. I usually stuff the bags from my hotel rooms in my bag when leaving. Some have Twinings and other varieties that they like.

I tend to like tea with sweets. No sugar in my tea so it balances out a cookie or cake or pie.

Iced sweet tea is a treat also, and I don't care what kind it's made with as the sugar and the lemon kind of make it have just a sweet taste. Rarely do I get this. I'll also order unsweetened iced tea in restaurants that offer it in the south in preference to soda.

@Judique I don't drink tea, but hubby does. Tetley British Blend in the morning, and at night Red Rose Decaf. Both are nonexistant all of a sudden in Walmart. I'm having my sister in law check Kroger's when they go to Morgantown.

Huh, I haven't noticed bare shelves, but I haven't bought anything but peppermint in a while either (or looked for those specific brands). I'll try to remember to check.

:wave:Good Evening dear Friends,

I did read, as always, all of your shares and will post more tomorrow. Dad, by the absolute continuing Grace and Mercy of God received a most blessing of a phone call from a doctor not long ago. We are so humbly thankful indeed. Thank you all always for your extra 🙏for us both.

We did get out this morning:car:which was nice. Thanks again to God we are safe and healthy back home. Guess what a highlight extra of this trip was for me? For the first time since Monday April 6, 2020 when dad and I went to Pavilions, (I know that thanks to Google and remembering very well the next day, was my last time out in public before the mask mandate went into effect out here on Good Friday, April 10th) I went inside a Ralph's! 🛒I was able to get dad a few Father's Day surprises there! Amazing and such a gift from God. We went to a little less (usually) crowded Ralphs than where our friend Aurora works and dad will be going to tomorrow, his regular Ralphs but it's only 5 minutes away from that store. Gave me added hope of sooner than later being able to help dad, at least on a quick trip, do some needed grocery shopping.

Our trip was also a reminder to me, us both really, that outside of dad going to Costco next Tuesday or when I go (closer than Costco) to the dentist, we both do better and prefer staying closer to home. I for sure do! We did get at a Kohls a bargain these days on a 4 pack of kitchen towels for under $12 at half off. Took care of Target, too.

Wishing all of dear you, sweet dreams with extra ❤️

Not one new post since my own yesterday? 🙏that all of you are okay! Dad and I both slept well 🛌last night and are by God's Grace still fine from yesterday. Dad is heading out to the laundromat:laundy:and then quickly to our regular (Aurora) Ralphs🛒Tomorrow morning he's planning to go to Pavilions for some extras there including, I hope, Father's Day 🌼and a treat for himself on Sunday too of probably one of these three sweets that he enjoys🍨🎂slice or a slice of 🥧Sunday, thank God, he stays home!

Wishing each of you a wonderful Friday. I will check back later:grouphug:

Good morning. I'm late this morning, have been dealing with issues with doctor offices and the clinic. Finally got everything straightened out.

We had a very unexpected thunderstorm early this morning. It woke me out of a sound sleep. Rain dumped down for over an hour and a half. And there wasn't any rain in the forecast, lol. At least I don't have to water now.

Sister in law went to the farm stand in WV yesterday and brought me some squash and fresh tomatoes. They brought Don a basket of peaches for Fathers Day. I'm not a peach eater, I prefer nectarines, he's the opposite.

My friend from CO and her husband finally reached their destination in FL yesterday, after almost going thru a tornado in GA and bad storms into FL. They got to her Aunt's house, and the temperature was 100. Too hot for me. Now they are expecting storms for the next few days. She was right when she told me the bad weather would follow them all the way, lol. They are there for 3 weeks, so I'm sure they'll get a lot of nice weather too.

I'm going to wash windows today. Lots of kitty nose prints in most of them, lol.

Have a nice day everyone. Hugs to all and thinking of all those who we haven't seen in awhile.

1686930317406.png

I didn’t post this but I typed it last night!

Fun day and we had a treat tonight. Mimi and Greg brought all the fixings and made fish tacos at the pool tonight. It was my first time in the pool this year. Our temperatures are mostly in the 70’s and we have not put the ac on at all this year.

This morning the family brought home NJ Blueberries and Raspberries from a local pick your own fruit farm. We will have a blueberry pie soon. I am pretty sure at least one grandson will help me.

I like to do a puzzle with the family when they come, and this was this year’s project. They had never done one of this wooden puzzles with fancy shapes with me before.

IMG_4766.jpeg

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter