Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Carol Glad you had a nice time in Hawaii. Nice pictures.

@Pea-n-Me I hope your DS continues to get better.

I will have to look for the cotton candy grapes.

Good morning. It is supposed to rain all weekend, Not too happy about that. I walk alot on the weekends just to get out, do something, and clear my mind. Yesterday I was looking out at the bird feeder and there was a female cardinal eating seed off the ground. Then the male cardinal flew in to eat too. He would come and go over the afternoon. I wanted to get a picture but every time I would go to get my phone he would leave. I guess he is camera shy. Plus I would have to open the slider to get a picture and the birds would fly away.

Not sure what I will be doing this weekend. I know I will be working a bit. I am pretty much ready for the cruise. I have my clothes ready and all the other stuff like sunscreen. I hope to see Jeff and family. Kenny has the kids so they will be around. I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday for everyone. I have some to take to Jeff's.

Have a good day.

Loved seeing you Hawaii pictures, @Breezy_Carol !

Glad your son is feeling a bit better, @Pea-n-Me, I hope his follow up shows he is really getting better.

Rain seems to be out of the picture for today. It is chilly and breezy, I do think I will spend time doing inside things.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday.

@Snowysmom, enjoy bird watching, and glad you are nearly ready for your cruise. We have gotten paperwork done, that’s it, but we have until Thursday to pack. We leave Friday morning.

Good morning. Looks like a rainy weekend here, but today will at least get into the 70's. Yesterday never got above 55 and it was chilly. I did some cleaning, and watched a lot of the Stagecoach Music Festival that Amazon video is streaming for free. It's on tonight and tomorrow night, 3:00 PST. Started at 6 here and was on till midnight. I had always wished I could attend, but this gave me a chance to see it without standing in the heat all day, lol.

@Breezy_Carol Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing pictures.

@Snowysmom and @bobbiwoz Enjoy your cruises.

Of to strip the bed and maybe clean in the cellar today. I have all the boxes from the bathroom remodel to break down and get ready for recycle.

I heard on one of the radio stations this morning that Barry Manilow is doing a tour again. And he's coming to Baltimore in August!! I called my non crazy driver sister in law and asked if she would like to go with me if I can get decent priced tickets. She said she would love to, and that she would drive (she loves to drive). I'm looking for tickets to see where I can get really good seats without breaking the bank.

Have a great Saturday

7369faa835de057a5550905af7a0d6ad.jpg

Last edited:
Good Saturday morning 🐣:grouphug:

Quiet morning here. I'm indeed thankful dad is staying home today. I'm recording The Wedding Cottage on Hallmark this evening. Reminder that The Blessing Bracelet will air tomorrow at 5 my time (I think it was) on Halkmark Movies and Mysteries. Truly a wonderful movie. Dad and I are going to be deciding on a birthday gift for our cousin Steve, too. I think I've shared that Steve's birthday is 2 days before mine.

Pea, continuing 🙏for your son. I truly do hope his hospital has immediately taken much better employee safety action! Will you please send my dad some of your 🍎Crisp? He would love it! Thank you and everyone else, too, for your hearing aid encouragement to dad and getting out more cheer to me.

Dad isn't keeping the hearing aids. He isn't at all comfortable with the fit plus as I have shared, sadly they don't truly offer him the overall help he wanted. Their cost was an issue, too. He will be calling Costco to ask about other options and go from there.

As for me getting out, how I need a 💇‍♀️ I'm more considering just getting one some Tuesday very soon to come. That would be amazing and beyond a blessing. I am definitely looking forward to what birthday month email offers will come from Penneys and Kohls. Small steps indeed. May all my 🚶‍♀️truly be God guided and for Him.

I will, of course, keep all of you updated! Thank you with all my heart always for your extra prayers for dad and I.

Lynn:hug:you know I'm with Bobbiwoz in being humbled and amazed by your energy and all you do! Many prayers that you get to Barry Manilow's concert 🎶You so need something fun to look forward too that would bring you joy!

Snowysmom, 🍪please! Always prayers of peace to dear you! I'm truly so thankful, so very grateful to God extra that you are done with the condo, (you have moved out completely right)? 🛳️:cheer2:big time. How are your grandkids feeling? Healthy prayers to all in your family!

Bobbiwoz:hug: and enjoy a cozy rainy Saturday please staying 🏡Safe and fun cruise adventure prayers to you as well, my friend.

Have a good last Saturday in April everyone. I will check back later :)

Last edited:
Rainy day here too. I tweaked my back this morning so sitting in the computer chair with an ice pack and a pillow. Finished writing some thing I was working on and am posting here.

@Snowysmom and @bobbiwoz Enjoy your cruises.
Do tell? I know its my own fault for not being here but where are you headed?
I heard on one of the radio stations this morning that Barry Manilow is doing a tour again.
I have seen that also. Also going to be in Reading.
I'm recording The Wedding Cottage on Hallmark
I did see that one and liked it.

I dragged DH years ago to a Barry Manilow concert (at Great Woods for those of you who know the area). DH wasn’t thrilled but he is a good sport and came along with me. Well, didn’t Barry give a shout out to all the “guys” who didn’t want to be there that night. :lmao: He made them laugh and broke the ice and that was a good thing, DH wound up enjoying the show. I hope you can find good tickets, Lynn, at an affordable price!

Having a quiet day today. Made lunches a little while ago and probably headed for a little nap soon. It’s not raining here yet but it’s supposed to be. Did some cleaning in the bathrooms and of some of the books taken off the shelves where they’re working. A lot to go through. DS had to keep things quiet today, he went out for a ride this morning w DH and came back not feeling well. He’s pretty bummed out, normally he’s always on the go.

Enjoy the rest of the Saturday, all! 🐥

Had a great time birding down in Plymouth today! - We saw a really pretty Goldfinch, an Osprey, lots of tree swallows (new for me) and several other birds I'd seen before. There was even a pair of nesting swans! We heard, but couldn't see an Eastern Towhee and a Blue-grey Gnatcatcher.

Stopped at Ollie's on the way back (not sure if this was the thread someone recommended that on???) - Bought more books than I probably needed to, but that's what bargain shopping is for, right? :rotfl2:

What a fun trip, PollyannaMom:hug:Wow to seeing the swans, how very cool and special indeed. Ollie's was mentioned in our thread because I remember asking whether it was similar to Big Lots. It sounds better and bigger especially 📚wise. I don't remember Book Lots ever having books. Happy reading to you! That reminds me, it seems like we would be the only people interested in reading/discussing childrens books together. I would still enjoy that. Any other Quackers want to join? :)

All is nice and quiet here. Dad and I enjoyed a game of Sorry and ordered a birthday book on trains for our Cousin Steve. What was funny is that we saw a Price is Right contestant named Steve who will be in the showcase later, when we finish watching the episode. Sadly, it's not our cousin. Hope this "Steve" does well. The other fun Price is Right recent name connection, is that from one episode we watched earlier this week, two contestants each had dad's and grandpa's first names and I think both got on stage. Lol, maybe dad and I should one day try to get on again :)

I dragged DH years ago to a Barry Manilow concert (at Great Woods for those of you who know the area). DH wasn’t thrilled but he is a good sport and came along with me. Well, didn’t Barry give a shout out to all the “guys” who didn’t want to be there that night. :lmao: He made them laugh and broke the ice and that was a good thing, DH wound up enjoying the show. I hope you can find good tickets, Lynn, at an affordable price!

He's great at making everyone feel comfortable, even the guys who don't want to be there. Not so affordable, but I got section 2, right in front of the stage, in the fourth row. I'm figuring that this may be the last time I ever get to see him live. How much longer can he keep going, he's definitely not a young man anymore!
The first time I ever saw him was at the Springfield Civic Center. I had seen him on a tv show called Sound Stage and fell in love with his voice. His career was just starting, he had Lady Flash and he was doing all the commercial jingles. He was as skinny as a rail and had the longish hair. The place was probably 1/2 empty. Everyone changed seats and went closer to the stage, and no one was told to move. I saw him at Great Woods too. I have seen him 5 times, and every time I have had front row seats, except for this time. But I'll suffer, they will still be great seats.

Having a quiet day today. Made lunches a little while ago and probably headed for a little nap soon. It’s not raining here yet but it’s supposed to be. Did some cleaning in the bathrooms and of some of the books taken off the shelves where they’re working. A lot to go through. DS had to keep things quiet today, he went out for a ride this morning w DH and came back not feeling well. He’s pretty bummed out, normally he’s always on the go.

Enjoy the rest of the Saturday, all! 🐥

@Breezy_Carol , we are on DCL’s East Bound Transatlantic Cruise that leaves from Miami on May 7, and arrives in Barcelona on May 20th. There are stops in the Azores ( we have been there), Lisbon, and 3 stops in Spain before Barcelona. It will be our third EBTA on DCL.

We were last in Europe in 2019, and I am a bit concerned about shore excursions. I will bring my rollator with me, and hopefully I will have opportunities to go ashore and see some of these beautiful areas!

Maybe we were at the same show! It was probably in the late 80s? Early 90s?
Just looked it up, he was there in 93 and 93. Had to be one of those, maybe.
Hard to believe that Great Woods opened in 1986!
You’ll have a great time! Singing away in the second row! :laughing:
93 was the one I went to

Lynn and Pea, that would be a very nice Quacker connection to share had the two of you indeed both attended the same concert. Of course, it would mean all the more now that you know another! Here's to the two of you just maybe being able to attend a concert together one day and/or getting to meet each other in general! I sure keep in prayer, God-willing being able to see both of you in person should you ever get out here.

Bobbiwoz, continuing FUN cruise prayers to dear you with love.

Dad and I aren't too happy with our toaster right now. Not the toaster oven which work great but our Hamilton Beach two slice toaster that we use for 🥯stopped working. Two weird things. First is it toasted a bagel yesterday for me just fine. Second, the toaster felt warm by placing my hand above it. Yet no red light indicating it was toasting and no toasted bagel. We only got this at the end of August 2021 so not even two years old. Dad didn't buy a protection plan on it because at that time it was under $20. Still for us that was and is a lot of money. Lesson learned. Reminder to consider buying protection plans on even cheaper items! Grateful to have been blessed that it worked for so long and to have had alternate food to eat this evening, too.

Wishing all of you sweet dreams and a good night sleep.

A few pictures from our trip.
Enjoyed your pictures!

Talk of Barry Manilow inspired this QOTD, What concerts have you gone to?
I haven't been to many, Dallas Symphony Orchestra Star Trek themed music concert, Emerson Lake and Palmer, YES, Moody Blues and Clay Aiken.

James' fever has finally reached a normal level. He still doesn't feel all that great but is doing a little better.

We tried something new, Chili Cheese Corny Dogs. You bake the corny dogs in the oven, once they are done you slice them open and put chili on top with grated cheese. A different take on Chili Dogs. Carol liked them but Joe and I not so much. I used State Fair Corny Dogs and the cornbread coating was too sweet for me with the chili.

I watched the special tonight for Carol Burnett's 90th birthday. It brought back so many memories. Her show was always so funny!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter