• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Lynn Glad your floor is getting put in. It looks nice.

Frog Good thoughts for you and your family

It is 51 here this morning. Not too bad. I have to go into the office today so I work at home for a bit and then go in. I am off tomorrow and plan to do some errands and have lunch with my friend in this area.

Have a good day.

Good morning.

Lots of little chores - making two guests beds, hanging window shades, finish decorating tree - and grocery shopping. Have to remember Bible study at noon. Then Andrew, Jen, and Marty come tonight for 2 nights. We are going to Longwood tomorrow night.

And in case I don't get back here for a few days, Saturday, after they leave, we have to go to church to complete two of our duties. Then we drive down to Andrew's house to babysit Marty. After working for the Secret Service for 11 years, he finally got invited to the White House Christmas Party. We will do anything so he and Jen don't miss that. We will drive home after they get home because we have early duties at church Sunday.

Better get my day started.

Happy Thursday! 🎄

Worked from home yesterday afternoon. After that I ran out to TJ Maxx to look for a coat for Mitchell's girlfriend and finally found something. Also found a toy for Carly's Xmas present and a big, soft blanket for Jacob's girlfriend. A couple of years ago she gave me a big, soft Disney blanket that I love. It's so warm and soft. I thought I'd return the favor and get her a nice blanket.

Mia gets to have a holiday party today with her NICU friends today 💗. They said if there was something that the parents wanted her to wear to bring it up. Luckily St. Nick brought her Xmas jammies so I brought those to work with me because I'll go over to the hospital after work. I drove all over the place yesterday trying to find her a cute Xmas headband to match the pajamas. Talk about a difficult task! I finally found something at Target. I'm not sure how pictures will be done since Santa can't hold the babies so I wanted to make sure she has something Xmasy that showed in the pictures.

Tonight is my office Xmas party. Not really looking forward to going, it's just going to be such a long day 😴. I work until 3:00 and then will be with Mia from 3:30-6 and my party is from 6-8. Mitchell said he would stop over to feed the animals and let the dogs out after he gets off from work. Thankfully I work from home tomorrow.

Boomer has a sore ear so I need to call the vet when I'm done typing and get him an appointment.😕

Dinner was Chipotle last night even though I premade food for nights like this.🤦‍♀️

Have a great day!

Good morning
@footballmouse --How sweet that the NICU has a holiday party. :( that we don't get a pic cause Santa can't hold the babies though
@Breezy_Carol --Have a great weekend!

Sunny and mid 50's today. I just cleared out the other side of the kitchen, just waiting for Dave to get here. I was so tired last night, on my feet practically from 8 am till 6 pm, that I couldn't even get comfortable enough to fall asleep, until almost 2 am :(
No plans for the day except floor, lol

Have a nice day

R (4).jpg

Chores did not go smoothly. We bought roller shades for the 3 bedrooms to replace the old ones. I measured tip to tip as instructed. The employee cut them and they are all too short. Have to return them and get them to cut new ones. Then, trying to vacuum up where the one ole shade totally disintegrated, the vacuum cleaner stopped working. I think it overheated. Giving it a rest and cleaned the filter.

But at least I checked us in for our cruise, finished decorating, made both guest beds and the pack & play with fresh sheets, and made the grocery list. Need to focus on the positives.

Dad is off at Rite Aid at the moment followed by Ralph's, so he won't have to go there tomorrow after doing laundry. We earned a 20% discount on today's shopping trip at Ralph's thanks to a promotion they had in November. That will be a blessing to save extra. He said this morning he was feeling the best he had, all such a blessing of extra Grace to hear. I am praying he doesn't overdo it out right now! I'm

51 is cold enough for me, dear Snowysmom! My phone says it’s 53 right now here. 🙏 your workday goes quickly and smoothly today and that you enjoy lunch with your friend tomorrow.

Congratulations to Andrew, Carol. Please thank him again for his service! I love that you will get to spend more time with precious Marty. Thank you always for all you do for God through your church. I am looking forward to extra Christmas worship services. I loved last year’s children’s pageant. :grouphug:I’m sorry to read that about your chores. Have a brighter rest of the day, my friend.

Have fun at the Christmas party tonight, Footballmouse. Soft, cozy blankets are such blessings indeed, so nice of you and Jacob’s girlfriend to each gift one to each other. Of course, I love that your blanket is ::MickeyMo ITA with Lynn how plain sad it is that Santa won’t be able to hold the NICU babies. Prayers extra for them all and their families that’s for sure.

Big :grouphug:, Lynn, and PLEASE rest more today! I love your morning Pooh and friends picture, so cheerful. I really do look forward to getting back on the Winnie the Pooh ride and getting a picture with Pooh and his friends, too.

Wishing each of you a happy Thursday. I'll check back in later. Saty warm!

Back from errands out of the house. Went to Lowes. No problem returning the shades. Picked out three more and gave them one of the shades I am replacing so they knew exactly how long to cut it. And guess what? They are 1/4 inch too long so don't fit in the bracket. I am so done with this. Have never had this problem before.

Returned library book, stopped at the pharmacy, grocery shopped, then rewarded ourselves with peppermint chocolate chip milk shakes at CFA.

Vacuum works again so Jack is vacuuming upstairs.

Not really hungry for dinner yet after that milkshake.

Floor didn't get done today. Dave and his brother were trying to side a house while it wasn't raining. If it rains tomorrow, he will come here,,if not, it will be Sunday when he promises to have it done

Watched Survivor --not happy with who went home, they were my favorite to win
Watched Amazing race- very happy as the couple I wanted to win did!

Have a nice evening

@Snowysmom Happy birthday from me as well!:cake:
Happy Belated Birthday Snowysmom!
Getting ready for a quick WDW trip. We leave on Friday, and the Candlelight Processional CD is making me looking forward to seeing that on Friday.
How fun!!!
I do remember you all in my daily prayers.
Thank you!
The cabbage roll soup was yummy. DH and I really liked it.

Not really soup-y. 😝 But I bet it will be even better tomorrow.

View attachment 723495
Would you share the recipe or the link? I enjoy eating cooked cabbage, I think I would enjoy cabbage soup.
Looks good Lynxstch!

It's back up in the 70's for us this week. I'm ready for colder weather to stay for awhile. I have Christmas shirts to wear! 😄

Today is definitely a Thankful Thursday. DS was told he is in remission. Got to go home for a couple days. Back down to Houston for chemo maintenance on Monday, meeting with the transplant team next Friday. We are so happy! Thanks be to God for many blessings!

ay. DS was told he is in remission.
This made my night. :goodvibes So glad. Nice to have some good news for a change, isn’t it?

@Breezy_Carol I hate dealing with shades! :bitelip:

Lynn I hope you get your floor finished soon. I like it!

Mona glad your Dad is feeling better.

@footballmouse I hope Boomer’s ear is better and Mia keeps growing and doing well so she can go home!

Snowysmom, glad you got to see your whole family on your birthday.

Frog, glad things are going ok.

Bobbi I hope you are getting some relief from your UTI!

Auntie looks like a nice trip.

Taz hope the upcoming surgery goes well.

Hello to all the rest I didn’t mention - B&B, dazed, Judique, Maple Moose, Pollyanna Mom, et al.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday season! 🐥 Working this weekend.

Would you share the recipe or the link? I enjoy eating cooked cabbage, I think I would enjoy cabbage soup.
Of course!

The originator is someone named @meatlikemike who is on IG and TT.

Here is a TT link that shows you how to make it.

I think he says the amounts of things in the video.

Let me know if you have any questions!

PS A lot of commenters (on IG) said they really liked the pan he used. Seems like it’s an old type from the 50’s? Anyone have one? I liked it myself! I really like these videos where you can see the meal being made.

Last edited:
Today is definitely a Thankful Thursday. DS was told he is in remission. Got to go home for a couple days. Back down to Houston for chemo maintenance on Monday, meeting with the transplant team next Friday. We are so happy! Thanks be to God for many blessings!
So happy to hear this! What wonderful news.

@bobbiwoz Hope you are feeling better

Good morning. Colder this morning at 31. It is supposed to get into the 40s to day. Tomorrow will be a cold day in the 30s. Kenny invited me to go with him and the kids to the Enchanted Village at Jordan's furniture in Avon. I remember going to see that when Jordan Marsh had it, many, many years ago. It will be nice to see it again, not that I remember much about it.

Today is a day off with lots of errands. But first, I am stopping for coffee and a bran muffin. Then grocery shopping and Target. Then I will walk and go out to do more errands before lunch. I have my list ready to go. At least I have all the presents I need and they are all wrapped. On to the stocking stuffers and getting those sorted out.

Have a good day.

Happy Friday!:banana:

Went to my office party last night. It was fun, food was delicious, not happy with the beer I chose. They did a small gift exchange, Cincinnati themed, I didn't participate, I just didn't have time to come up with something and then go get it. We have a relatively small department so about 16 people were there, the gifts looked really good.

Mia had a nice party in the NICU. Santa visited with each baby and took a picture. They were professional pictures so they will leave them at her bedside once developed. The University of Cincinnati mascot, the Bearcat, came through the unit for pictures.

Later today I need to go pick up a luggage set that I won through my auction site. This is a Xmas present for Jacob & LIvia.

I was able to get Boomer in for a vet appointment at 3:40 today so it doesn't look like I'll get a nap in before I go to work tonight.😴

DS was told he is in remission
Such great news! :cheer2:

Need to get some work started so I'll end it here. Have a great day & weekend. :wave:

Attachments

• bearcat.jpg
    bearcat.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 7
And in case I don't get back here for a few days, Saturday
Sounds like a busy weekend, and how cool that they get to go to the WH party!
Dinner was Chipotle last night
I've still never been to a Chipotle, not for any reason except I haven't...gonna have to try it sometime soon.
peppermint chocolate chip milk shakes at CFA.
I had one of these last night as well - they are good. But here is what I'm wondering...what if I went in and asked for chocolate peppermint shake? I wonder if they'd make it? Sounds like a experiment I need to undertake, you know - for Science :P
DS was told he is in remission.
Wonderful news! Oh you guys must be feeling good about this news! I hope the remainder of his recovery goes smoothly.
Working this weekend.
I'm not working, but I've found myself with so much running around to do and chores left to do for the holidays that I feel like I won't have a change to relax until after the 25th. It's self inflicted I'll readily admit, and not at all the same as working in healthcare but I am doing a little something this weekend so my SIL can have 24 hours to decompress (she works those 12 hour overnight nurse shifts) and taking my 6 year old niece so my SIL can have a break. We are the only family members around to help out and once in a while I can see she just needs a second to catch up/sleep/do something for herself.
On to the stocking stuffers and getting those sorted out.
I need to work on my stocking stuffers as well.
Mia had a nice party in the NICU.
Glad to see she is doing so well, hope she gets to go home soon.

Good morning everyone - happy Friday. Not much to report, nothing terribly exciting happening w/ me. On the road for work this afternoon, chicken for dinner. Tomorrow our niece is spending the night and she requested shrimp for dinner, so that is easy. Sunday we are headed out for a bit of Christmas shopping with her and at some point this weekend we need to get the tree out of storage and up...Dare I hope to get it decorated?!?! Hey - that reminds me, I have a Christmas question for those of you who are religiously minded. I listed to a conversation on the Catholic Channel yesterday, the topic of which is that the Baby Jesus ought not be placed in the creche until the actual holiday, to represent his birth. Some argued that since it was Advent it wasn't appropriate, others said it wasn't a Tradition or spelled out in the bible so live and let live. Others had no real opinion, but brought up the interesting point that if the baby isn't in there, then it's kinda silly to have "everyone else just hanging out looking at a creche like they have nothing else to do" . I just thought it was a interesting conversation, and something I'd never heard about (and have not knowledge on), but it would seem the nativity scene - at least to me - is a relatively newer tradition in the last 200 years or so(in the timeline of humanity in the last 2000 years that is), so maybe that is why there is the conversation in the Church community (or at least the Catholic) it is a representation of the holiday that has evolved and each community has there own take on it. Anyway, I just thought it was a interesting discussion on something I'd never heard about.

Off to Ladder Safety (or as I secretly call it, Don't be a *******) prep! Have a good morning everyone-

I have a Christmas question for those of you who are religiously minded. I listed to a conversation on the Catholic Channel yesterday, the topic of which is that the Baby Jesus ought not be placed in the creche until the actual holiday, to represent his birth.
This is my thinking. The hospital that I work at on the weekends is a Catholic hospital. They have the Xmas decorations up in the lobby and the other weekend I specifically walked over to the nativity scene to look and see if baby Jesus was there (he wasn't). I understand the thinking of the others about just standing around looking at an empty bed but I still say he shouldn't be placed until Xmas Day.

Oh my, so many of you have asked how I feel, and I am happy to say I am feeling much better!! Thank you.
I am catching up on reading here, and we are on out way to airport. I have a 6 night stay at WDW. Three nights with DH, and then 3 nights with friends. I try to treat girlfriends to some nights at WDW each December. This year my friends have 5 nights, and I am with them for 3.

One of my friends, Tina , 54 my youngest friend, born the year we were married, is my only friend who has never been there for Christmas celebrations, is not coming with us this year either. She has RA and other immune deficiencies, and even with special treatments, she does not have enough Covid antibodies. There are other problems as well. Tina is always remembered in my prayers, and I hope others here can join in prayer for her.

A Christmas tradition, of Polish origin, is for Children to do a good deed each day in Advent. When you do, you place a piece of straw in the family manger or in a cup, and on Christmas, place the Baby statue on the hay. I still have the little Baby that I got in 5th grade on year round display on hay.

20 years ago, I began a collection of Crèches and display them from Thanksgiving on, and those do include Baby Jesus.

This is my thinking.

A Christmas tradition, of Polish origin, is for Children to do a good deed each day in Advent. When you do, you place a piece of straw in the family manger or in a cup, and on Christmas, place the Baby statue on the hay. I still have the little Baby that I got in 5th grade on year round display on hay.

Thanks you guys for your points of view, I appreciate them. Like I said, it was something I had never heard about - or thought about - before and I found the topic very intriguing.
One of my SIL's father was a Polish Catholic immigrant and I'm sorry he is gone now, it would have been a interesting discussion to have with him over Christmas.
we are on out way to airport
Have a fun time, enjoy the decorations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter