@quandrea mom updates. Thoughts and prayers

Good news today. My mother was taken off the ventilator today! She had been on spontaneous mode on the vent for a day or two. They pulled back on the sedation yesterday. Today she was awake and responding to verbal commands. So they extubated her and she is holding her own on the bipap set to 40% oxygen (which is much better than her settings at admission). So we are cautiously optimistic.

I called my dad last night. Just to say hello. He wept and immediately apologised for hanging up on me six years ago and not taking my calls. We chatted for a bit and he said he was so grateful to hear my voice and that he loved me. It’s a start.

Again, thank you to each and every person who has prayed for my family. It means more than I’ll ever be able to express. It’s a wonderful illustration of the goodness that still exists in this world.

Awww quandrea... all's well that ends well. What a rollercoaster you have been on!!!! I hope you can get some good nights' sleep now.

Yes!! Your post brought tears to my eyes too. So happy for you and that you are able to speak with your Dad.. so happy to continue to pray for you and your family .. amazing how close these boards have become .. ..
don’t forget to look after you and get lots of rest !! Update is when you can

Good news today. My mother was taken off the ventilator today! She had been on spontaneous mode on the vent for a day or two. They pulled back on the sedation yesterday. Today she was awake and responding to verbal commands. So they extubated her and she is holding her own on the bipap set to 40% oxygen (which is much better than her settings at admission). So we are cautiously optimistic.

I called my dad last night. Just to say hello. He wept and immediately apologised for hanging up on me six years ago and not taking my calls. We chatted for a bit and he said he was so grateful to hear my voice and that he loved me. It’s a start.

Again, thank you to each and every person who has prayed for my family. It means more than I’ll ever be able to express. It’s a wonderful illustration of the goodness that still exists in this world.

This makes me so happy for you - all of it. God bless ♥️

I'm so glad to hear your updates and will be continuing to think of you and your family. I just want to recognize your courage, strength and grace. You have been highly tested over these last weeks. Sending warm thoughts to you.

I am glad that your mom is getting better and you are starting a new relationship with your dad. Hope you have passed the lowest turn of you life and everything will go uphill from now on! Sending you positive vibes and best wishes!
Speedy recovery for your mom and your son!!

Such a great update for both your mom and family relations!!!! I will keep sending positive healing thoughts for all of you! :hug:

What wonderful news....both about your Mom and your Dad! This pandemic has brought so many changes to our lives, many bad but there is also the good like reconnection with those we thought we had lost. Hoping this is a positive step forward for you. 💕

My mom is doing better. Out of icu. Eating puréed foods. Sitting in a chair. Oriented. Able to carry on conversations. Still on high flow oxygen. Long road ahead but so far so good.
She has no memory of mid March through ICU admission. She does remember the ICU time.

Last edited:
My mom is doing better. Out of icu. Eating puréed foods. Sitting in a chair. Oriented. Able to carry on conversations. Still on high flow oxygen. Long road ahead but so far so good.
She has no memory of mid March through ICU admission. She does remember the ICU time.
Such wonderful news! I hope she continues on her path to recovery and that your stress level can drop, too!

So so happy for you ALL! I know it doesn't seem like it at the time, but everything happens for a reason. Your mom's health scare was needed for you and your father to reconnect.

Hi Hon
Just dropping by to say I hope your mom continues to recover and I am so glad you and your Dad got a chance to chat.
Thinking of you!
Hugs
Mel

awwwwwwwww...I had happy tears for all you when I was reading your newest update!!!!!!!!!! That is the most wonderful news to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy to hear the good news about your Mom and the healing process starting for your family...continued prayers!

They are transferring my mom to another hospital today. An hour away from her home city. Could be worse, I suppose. My sister, a nurse says that there is a province wide hospital surge today.

Awww Hon ~~~~caring hugs~~~~~~~~
She will be ok.
Thinking of you
Hugs
Mel

Sorry to hear your mom is being transferred further away. 🙏 for her continued recovery.
We’ve all got to do our part so hospitals don’t get over run. It was so upsetting to watch the news this morning seeing large groups partying on the beaches here totally ignoring the rules.

They are transferring my mom to another hospital today. An hour away from her home city. Could be worse, I suppose. My sister, a nurse says that there is a province wide hospital surge today.

Glad to hear Mom is well enough to be moved! That’s a real positive 😊
An hour is not convenient for sure, but at a time when the system is so stressed and the best we can do is facetime... it’s just good to be anywhere that the proper level of care is available. Still sending all the positive energy I can muster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter