• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

@quandrea mom updates. Thoughts and prayers

Not much new to report. She’s had an uneventful day on the ventilator. Her heart rate is very low and it seems her kidneys may be failing. They are contemplating dialysis. We spoke with the dr yesterday and he said it will get worse before it gets better. ECMO is an option, although she may be too old. Dr said we aren’t there yet, which is good.

I did a FaceTime visit with her today. Just to chat and let her hear my voice. Not fun seeing her lying there all hooked up, but it is good to help her stay connected, even while sedated. I’ve read horrific things about icu delirium. Talked about dd’s birthday tomorrow, about everybody thinking about and praying for her.

It’s a waiting game now. Thanks for checking in everyone.

I think of you often @quandrea. It is so difficult having a loved one in the hospital, let alone not being with them. I am continuing to pray for your Mom to heal and be well and for you to have strength to get through this, also. Make sure you get some rest. 🤗

Not much new to report. She’s had an uneventful day on the ventilator. Her heart rate is very low and it seems her kidneys may be failing. They are contemplating dialysis. We spoke with the dr yesterday and he said it will get worse before it gets better. ECMO is an option, although she may be too old. Dr said we aren’t there yet, which is good.

I did a FaceTime visit with her today. Just to chat and let her hear my voice. Not fun seeing her lying there all hooked up, but it is good to help her stay connected, even while sedated. I’ve read horrific things about icu delirium. Talked about dd’s birthday tomorrow, about everybody thinking about and praying for her.

It’s a waiting game now. Thanks for checking in everyone.

I'll be praying she can avoid ECMO, and can stay strong and improve. And no one should ever have to see a loved one on life support - it is a very hard image to have in your mind. You'll continue to be in my thoughts. ♥️

Praying for your mom. I'm glad you're able to talk to her through face time and glad you were able to reconnect with her recently. I am sure that will give her strength.

I lost most of the thread in the attack on the site over the weekend.. just caught up now.

Sending you & Mom positive energy, it has to be such an emotional wrench to facetime under the circumstances - but I guarantee that the sound of your voice went a long way to helping your Mom through her day.

Continued prayer for you both... 🙏🏻

Not too much new to report. Thanks again to everyone for their continued prayers. They’ve dialed back the settings on the ventilator a bit so that my mother is doing some of the breathing on her own. Too soon to see if this will stick, but a positive development. She is still heavily sedated. Her kidneys continue to function.

Some advice required. I had been in contact with my mother for six months prior to this illness. We had been estranged for nearly seven years. My father cut me out of their lives. Wondering if I should call him though. I wonder if my mother would like to know we have spoken. He did know I was in touch with my mother, but he did not reach out.

Some advice required. I had been in contact with my mother for six months prior to this illness. We had been estranged for nearly seven years. My father cut me out of their lives. Wondering if I should call him though. I wonder if my mother would like to know we have spoken. He did know I was in touch with my mother, but he did not reach out.

Hi Hon
As someone who has been through the should have ,,,could have ,,, and wish I had group ,,,,,, here is my advise and then just do what feels right for you.
Give it a try.
Best thoughts being sent your way.
Hugs
Mel

Hello @quandrea, first of all, I am happy to hear that your Mom is doing some breathing on her own. Will continue to pray for her.

I personally would reach out just to say hi, let him know you have spoken to your Mom and to offer support if needed. However, it is so difficult in relationships because you can only control your portion of the conversation. You have to be prepared to hear what you may not want to hear. I always feel it is better to be the person who tried than to always wonder if I should have. 🤗

[

How are you getting your updates from the hospital? If your father is controlling who is allowed to get those updates, I would not contact him now unless you have reason to believe he won't let cut her out of your life again. I would hate for you to lose your updates.

I just saw this thread pop up in the New Threads list. I am so sorry to hear about your mom and her hospitalization. Sending healing thoughts her way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter