Q's re. taking friends out with us.

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
We're taking good friends out with us next year on our points, we're 'hoping' to get a GV at BWV but as we'll need to book that at 7 months, I'm not holding out much hope, so we're more likely to be in 2 x 1 beds @ BCV / CCV, our home resorts.

Will we able to take them up to TOTWL with us as they're not DVC members and won't be on the same reservation (presumably), also in the unlikely event that we do manage to score a GV, can we have separate bills?

Thank you

You can definitely set it up so each has there own charging. I don’t see why your guests won’t be able to join you. Having there own room doesn’t change they are traveling with you. A few years back my group was 11 and we were in 3 rooms and had no problem.

The rules for TOTWL say they must be staying on your reservation. So if you get a GV, they would definitely be able to join you there. But if you get separate villas, they might not permit them up.

It's going to be tough getting a BWV GR at seven months out since there are only seven grand villas there.

One thought would be to put you on one reservation (if you need 2 1BRs), and your spouse (as long as you are both members) on the second reservation. You can adjust charges based on MB, so you can keep charges separate. The problem of accessing rooms can be fixed by switching MBs.

Thank you all. No, we’re not expecting to get the GV so planning for the 2 x 1 beds, then if there IS a GV it’ll be a bonus.

I hadn’t thought of putting me on the other reservation, DH is an associate member though as my DVC pre dates him, not sure if that gives him access, I’d assumed it was blue card holders & guests?

Thank you all. No, we’re not expecting to get the GV so planning for the 2 x 1 beds, then if there IS a GV it’ll be a bonus.

I hadn’t thought of putting me on the other reservation, DH is an associate member though as my DVC pre dates him, not sure if that gives him access, I’d assumed it was blue card holders & guests?
You are correct. He's not a member either. That suggestion won't work. You just might need to try pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter