Qs on Wilderness Lodge activities

spicycrab

Mouseketeer
1. Could I walk to Ft wilderness to do the chip and dale marshmallow roast or do I have to take other transportation?

2. Does the pool have life vests?

3. I thought I saw somewhere about fishing...has anyone done this?
Would love to hear other fun things others have done at the resort!

1. Could I walk to Ft wilderness to do the chip and dale marshmallow roast or do I have to take other transportation?

2. Does the pool have life vests?

3. I thought I saw somewhere about fishing...has anyone done this?
Would love to hear other fun things others have done at the resort!

1. There is a boat to Ft Wilderness, a bus and a walking path. You have to ride the internal bus when you take the boat or the bus. I really don't know about the walking path. It is one of the things on our "to do" list on our next trip.

2. Yes, there are lift vests. My two grandchildren, age 3 and 5, wore them last month. They had a great time on the pool slide.

3. Yes, there is fishing. Someone reported on it recently. I'm not sure where I read about it.

You'll find a lot more information on the Wilderness Lodge thread. :)

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

ETA: I found the fishing trip report from Ninja Mom, posted on the Beach Club thread:

Wednesday. FISHING TRIP!!!!! We booked a fishing trip through Disney recreation and let me tell you this was the highlight of the trip! We left via the Contemporary hotel to fish in Bay lake for large mouth bass. The trip was 2 hours with a guide and all of the equipment that was needed, including sodas and water. The guide showed us what to do and baited/removed from the fish our hooks and was an all around wonderful, fun guy. My Dad fishes all the time now that he is retired and he LOVED this trip. In 2 hours we caught 15 fish! Dad said that was a banner day and that even up in Canada, where he goes fishing, there is never that much action.

If you are thinking of going fishing definitely book this trip at WDW. It was action packed and no stress what so ever! I highly recommend it!
P.S. The fact that I caught the biggest fish (20 inches) in no way influences my report.
PPS. Ask for Dan from Ohio! :thumbsup2::yes::

-NM

It's pretty easy to get over to the campfire marshmallow roast. We have done it a few times from WL and from GF, as well. It's fun to make a whole night of it at FW and do HDDR, campfire, and then watch the water pageant before heading back.

I suggest taking the boat. It'll drop you near where HDDR/Trails End is. Short walk from dock to bus stop. The FW internal bus is kind of a pain, but you just get on the ones making the loop to the Meadow. It's a little confusing, but just tell the driver you're going to the campfire. They'll drop near the general store, then you walk a short distance to the campfire area.

The whole thing is really cute. You can bring your own 'Smores stuff or buy a kit for about $10. I usually take my own stuff and then just buy the 50 cent dowel rods. Or if you're my dh, you just find a dirty stick. The CMs light the fire and then there's a sing-a-long with a Cowboy and Chip & Dale meet and take pictures during the singing. It's a neat, (can be) free activity to do that's memorable.

As for walking, there is a path. It's pretty far, especially to where the campfire is. I would not be caught out there after dark, as it's mostly unlit and spooky. Very easy to get lost at night. We like to stroll out there after supper and watch for deer, but we've never gone all the way to FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter