• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

QS at BOG

CaptainEIEIO

Even if you choose not to decide you still have ma
Since it is impossible to get a TS dinner reservation at BOG my wife and I have decided to give up trying and settle for a QS lunch instead.

How is the QS lunch their? Should we go for it or is there a better place at MK to eat a QS lunch at?

We are int he same boat - trying QS for BOG. There are other places we like, but we are willing to go with the masses and try it out. Our goal is to eat early.

I really enjoyed my QS lunch at BOG this year. The French Onion soup was good, although if I had to choose I think the soup at Les Chefs is a little better - there was a conversation here a while back about vegetable stock at BOG vs beef stock at Les Chefs. I thought the braised pork entree at BOG was very good and more like a TS dish than QS, and the lemon meringue cupcake was a light, refreshing dessert.

At lunch, you may choose where you sit. I went into the Rose Gallery (the room with the big Belle & Beast statue revolving in the center), which I understand is not open for seating at dinner. It's the lightest of the dining rooms and was much quieter than the Ballroom.

Just to add - on a relatively low crowd Thursday in early February, I got in line at 11 am - CMs were telling people it was a 40 minute wait, and that was pretty accurate. IMO it was worth the wait.

Our Ratings of Be Our Guest (lunch / dinner): (rev 4/3/2013)
. . . food price value: B / C
. . . food quality: B / C
. . . food quantity per serving: B / C
. . . food prep speed: B / C
. . . food selection: B / B
. . . seating quantity: A / B
. . . seating comfort: B / B
. . . eatery atmosphere: A / A
. . . eatery convenience: B / B
. . . staff friendliness: B / C
. . . staff attentiveness: C / D
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The eatery has different food themes than usually found
in a park. Although not "signature" eatery quality, food is good and
tasty. Lunch is QS with no ressies available, and dinner is TS and
ressies are highly advised. The atmosphere is very well done and
probably the most fancy and most themed of any WDW eatery.
As a QS eatery it is one of the best, as a TS eatery it is average.
(For dinner, think:CRT -- good atmosphere, only average food quality.)

Our reviews of menu offerings: (we thought lunch is better than dinner)
LUNCH:
. . . tuna nicoise salad - pretty good, but light on the olives for my taste
. . . croque monsieur sandwich - nice, but Béchamel needs more nutmeg
. . . turkey on a warm baguette - good, especially with the dijon
. . . roast beef sandwich - tasty, but slightly tough
. . . braised pork - recommended
. . . vegetable quiche - wife liked it (real mean don't eat quiche)
DINNER:
. . . pork rack chop - the pasta out-shined the pork
. . . chicken breast - nicely done and recommended
. . . pan-seared salmon - cooked properly, but average taste
. . . grilled strip steak - good, not great, steak
. . . sautéed shrimp and scallops - were only average
. . . oven-baked ratatouille - average

We've eaten both lunch and dinner at BOG and enjoyed both. The entrees are different at the 2 meals, but the desserts and the 2 soups are identical.

Since there are no reservations for lunch the nice thing is as long as you get in line in time, you're guaranteed that you'll be able to dine. Usually at lunchtime there's a line, but it moves relatively quickly. Everyone in your group has to be there in order to enter the restaurant so we saw people waiting in the courtyard in front of the doors.

You'll pass through the talking armor hallway, place your order at the kiosks and are then given a computerized rose that will tell the server which table you've chosen. Usually you'll be able to choose your table, but there are times when CMs seat everyone. Nevertheless, you'll be able to walk around and see all of the rooms.

All your food is brought to you on the carts that are used at dinner to present just the desserts. You pick up your own silverware and beverages. Unlike most other QS, at BOG food is served on china and utensils are regular stainless. Only the cups are plastic.

The food was very good. We had the Potato Leek Soup, the braised pork coq au vin, steak sandwich and turkey sandwich. We would order all of these again. For dessert we had 2 cupcakes and one cream puff. The cupcakes were better. The cream puffs probably had been sitting for a while because the puff was soft, rather than crisp, although it had good flavor.

I definitely feel it's worth having lunch at BOG. The food is very good and the service is a cut above the typical DW QS (china dishes, stainless utensils rather than plasticware, food is brought to you).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter