Q: Re - Coral Reef and glowing ice cube drink

Mom of 3

Mouseketeer
I read somewhere about a glow in the dark drink for the kids? What is this and is it included on the DDP or do you pay OOP for this? Do the kids keep the ice cubes?

Just curious.

Thanks.

Mom of 3 said:
I read somewhere about a glow in the dark drink for the kids? What is this and is it included on the DDP or do you pay OOP for this? Do the kids keep the ice cubes?

Just curious.

Thanks.

You have to pay OOP for the this and the kids do keep the cube..

Mom of 3 said:

Just curious.

Thanks.

It's really just a plastic cube with a light inside of it (blue or green, maybe other colors). You can turn them off so the battery doesn't get wasted. They usually have different settings like, always on, flashing fast, flashing slow, etc. We got them at the Luau show at the Poly in Jan. and they still work.

They are plastic cubes with little led lights. They also have these at the Sci Fi. You smack them to turn them on/off. My kids love them. I think they are $4.99 (or maybe $6.99) so very pricey if you have a couple of kids. We let ours get them once per trip.

We recieved these with our alcoholic beverages at SCI-FI. They have a little button on the buttom that turns the light ON, FLASHING, FLASHING FAST! They are clear until the light come on. We have 3 (blue, red and green).

I see from the post that it can be a bit confusing because there are a few different kinds. Some of them you have to bang on something to turn them on, some of them have a button. They are kind of cool. The kids love to have them.

ours at coral reef were blue and had a switch. I saw them in what must have been adult cups or maybe it was just the kids were older. It looked so cool in the glass. Mine were 5 and 7 and hadnt noticed nor asked for them. This was our first meal and we were sharing so we needed an extra drink so i ordered it to surprise them. I only got one. Well it was in the closed kid cup and you could barely tell it was there i'm sure they wouldnt have known if it had been a dark soda instead of sprite. IAnyway so they took the top off to 'see' it and started arguing over who it belonged to. With the top off it was unbelievably bright but still in the cup not cute. I said they could take turns. i carried it to every meal and they never asked for it again or since and there were people at other restaurants with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!