Q about taxis

tmp

Mouseketeer
i have VEA shuttle transfers 'included' in my package-have since had the invoice which charged me £72 so not actually 'included' within the price(not sure if they can do that).
Anyway I am getting in a bit of a panic about allowing enough time to get to the airport for our flight home.I have read various quotes on how long it takes to do all the passenger pick-ups and I am really concerned.
I would much rather spend every last minute at the parks on the last day instead of sitting on a bus for ages and then 2 hours in an airport so I am going to consider taking a taxi from our hotel to the airport.
Can anyone give me an idea of the cost/how long the journey takes and if I should book one in advance or can I just pick one up outside the hotel?
Thanks

dont know about prices..guess it will be around 90€.
You drive about 30-35 minutes from the resort to CDG...if traffic is normal.

Greets Renate :wizard:

Having done the trip only a few days ago (and was bored so kept on looking at my watch), here's the rough timings I came back with.

From our pickup at Terminal 3 to leaving the airport grounds itself (via the pickup at Terminal 1 and then three seperate pickups at Terminal 2) - 30 minutes. Obviously if you're at one of the other terminals you can cut this time.

From airport to first Disney hotel (Newport Bay) - 45 minutes. Our driver took us the 'back route' rather than on the motorway, but I think both are as quick as each other. Even with bad traffic/roadworks I can't see this part of the journey taking more than 1 hour.

Then I'd add five minutes on for each hotel down the coach route list you're staying at: e.g. Sequoia Lodge +5 mins, Santa Fe +10 mins, Cheyenne +15 mins, New York +20 mins, Disneyland Hotel +25 mins, Coach Station (for other hotels) +30 mins.

It's probably not as long as the timings I've given above (unless there's a LOT of passengers at each hotel), but I gave five minutes for each just in case.

The timings should be about the same for the return journey.

Hope this helps.

Steve

glad you were bored ;) as that is excellent timings.
Saved for future reference.

Reid

We took a taxi to the airport from our hotel. We reserved the taxi with the hotel concierge that morning. With tip (we were generous) it was 70 euros. I think it took about 35 minutes, but I may be a bit off, since I was asleep for part of it. It was also snowing that day, which may have made the trip a bit longer.

Cyrano said:
Steve

glad you were bored ;) as that is excellent timings.
Saved for future reference.

Reid

Hey, it was 8:30 in the morning and I'd been up since 3:30am, so I was doing anything that would help keep me awake!

Don't get me wrong, I'd certainly consider taking that early Easyjet flight again - mainly cause it got us into the parks by 10:30 and it was so much cheaper, but I think that trying to fit a full park day in as well was just a step too far!

Thanks for the info.
I am going to time our journey from the airport to Cheyenne and decide on what to do for the return journey based on that and from all of your info.
Thanks again.:)

We did the following several days ago:

arrived 7:30 pm Friday at CDG and had already booked private shuttle as the next 'safe' timing-wise VEA bus would have been departing at 9:00 pm
(booked w/ "Eurominibus" for 70) This took 45 minutes door to door, at the Explorers, few minutes from Cheyenne.

Return journey took the VEA bus departing on Fri morning 8:15 am from hotel and this also took less than 45 minutes to Terminal 1. There had been other passengers on board already but made no further pick ups. Cost 51 for 2 and 2 kids.

Both were fine and hassle-free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter