PVB - Lake View. Is there a "bad" view in that category?

Doublea

Earning My Ears
I just bought DVC at PVB, got my points the other night and booked our first stay. We booked the lake view because I wanted our first stay to not face a parking lot. Maybe later on I'll save a few points and get the standard view on another trip.

My question for people with experience with the lake view. I've seen the general view from those rooms, but are there any rooms that are better or worse? Are there any bad views? From what I have read, the bungalows take away from the view on the first level. I have also seen a view from a lower level that didn't seem to obstruct the view so it made me wonder if it could be different at different parts of the building.

I just bought DVC at PVB, got my points the other night and booked our first stay. We booked the lake view because I wanted our first stay to not face a parking lot. Maybe later on I'll save a few points and get the standard view on another trip.

My question for people with experience with the lake view. I've seen the general view from those rooms, but are there any rooms that are better or worse? Are there any bad views? From what I have read, the bungalows take away from the view on the first level. I have also seen a view from a lower level that didn't seem to obstruct the view so it made me wonder if it could be different at different parts of the building.
The only complaint I have heard is that if you get a first floor room your view is more of the bungalows than that of the castle/MK. I would suggest your room requests is for a higher floor. Though I personally haven't stayed there so this is just from comments I've seen on DIS, perhaps more will come through with comments.

Have you checked Touring Plans Room View tool?

The only complaint I have heard is that if you get a first floor room your view is more of the bungalows than that of the castle/MK. I would suggest your room requests is for a higher floor. Though I personally haven't stayed there so this is just from comments I've seen on DIS, perhaps more will come through with comments.

Have you checked Touring Plans Room View tool?

I didn't even know they had that. It does look like the 1st floor is blocked by the bungalows based on those pictures. I do like the fact you can walk out onto grass there though.

Well, there is one 1st floor lake view that has a nice view of MK, the one closest to the TTC. Of course, your chances of getting that one are less than winning the hunger games. May the DVC odds be in your favor!

Attachments

• 20181125_152650.jpg
    20181125_152650.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 32
I think that there are 2 first floor rooms where you cannot see the Castle, you just see the Bungalows. We had a first floor view and it wasn’t too bad.F7F56312-C181-4A50-B037-4F5F35CD25BA.jpeg

The one time we splurged on lake view, we ended up on the first floor, looking at bungalows. Won’t make that mistake again...

We have had a first floor view and really liked being near the grass. We had a delightful happy hour out there once, enjoying refreshments and waving to folks walking past on their way to and from the TTC. The upper floor view is of course wonderful for other reasons - seeing the castle at night is magical. We are early risers and woke up before the sunrise a couple of times and the castle was still lit up. Best balcony morning ever!

The biggest downside with the first floor is more about privacy. We usually leave curtains open at night but it feels weird on the ground floor - but this is true at any resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter