Putting my WDW DCL kit together

sukhakuli

<font color=darkorchid>I guess I'm funny like that
Just bought the Sony A7riii. I've been renting lenses and taking them through their paces, but I'm still unsure what to bring on our trip. 7 days at WDW and 7 day Western Caribbean. I like taking portraits of the kids, landscapes, photos in low light, the shows and parades, etc. I don't want anything too heavy to haul around. I bought a "Skout" shoulder harness from Cotton On for the camera. I love it.

I tried the Zeiss Batis 25 f2. Took it to Sea World and to the local suspension bridges. Wonderful for architecture, astrophotography, and shots you can take your time to line up. Sucky for movement shots, like kids on rides, portraits, etc. Good for shows where you sit in a stadium. Small and light. Had some trouble with the focus on it when the kids were on moving rides. Probably some user error here.

Zeiss batis 85mm F1.8. Took this to the San Diego Zoo for the Nighttime zoo. Love it. Animal photos are amazing, portraits are amazing. But the focus tends to hunt more than the 25. Parades were near impossible to shoot if you were front row. I am pretty sure I am going to buy this lens for its astounding portraits.

I'd like something wide angle for landscapes and vistas, fireworks and shows. Maybe another focal length also? A 55? what would you take, and how many lenses? Are three lenses too many?

Any suggestions? I'm thinking about a 2k budget for lenses to buy. I can rent just about anything.

There is a Zeiss Loxia 21mm that I've heard good things about. But it is only 2.8 compared to what you've already tried. I always tend to go wider but I think they issue is still something of an availability issue here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!