Pure Magic Wrapped Up In Pixie Dust - A January 2013 Trip Report - *UPDATE 2/11*

Omg, six times in a row on Everest?! That's amazing!

Those safari pictures are really great! It seriously looks like the rhino is RIGHT there.

Tusker House sounds awesome! I love the outfits the characters wear there. So precious!

When we arrived at Animal Kingdom we saw this...a Christmas tree!!!

dscn2354w.jpg

That is a great tree!

Awesome safari and trails pictures. :thumbsup2

You take such great photos!! Yes that rhino was so close to the vehicle. He got even closer than that. Your mom could have reached right out and touched it!! Love that safari! Love that time for tusker too 10:30. We got to taste breakfast and lunch selections! Yes we stuck around AK Went on EE and on dinoland rides. Love those Ray Romano look alike photos :rotfl2:

I'm enjoying your TR!!:goodvibes

Thank you! And yes, Tusker House was delicious!! It was a great time, not corwded either! :goodvibes

Omg, six times in a row on Everest?! That's amazing!

Those safari pictures are really great! It seriously looks like the rhino is RIGHT there.

Tusker House sounds awesome! I love the outfits the characters wear there. So precious!

I LOVE Everest, best ride ever!!
I love the safari outfits the characters wear. So cute!! :cutie:

That is a great tree!

Awesome safari and trails pictures. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I love any Christmas tree, but that one is especially nice!! :)

-----
An update is coming soon!! :surfweb:

Life is a Highway - Part One​
January 10​

It's been awhile since I last updated, but good news...I'm back! :)

So I last left off when my parents and I were leaving Animal Kingdom and heading over to Epcot to check out the new Test Track!!

Sadly, this is the first picture of Epcot I took this trip. I don't really know why I didn't take one of Spaceship Earth or something...

img1852pi.jpg

Test Track this way!

img1855e.jpg

img1858y.jpg

I really like the new look of Test Track, I think it looks more modern.
We went on the single rider line because we didn't really want to wait 90 minutes just so we could ride together. We could only wait 10 minutes and not sit together. I mean we were together 24 hours a day for 5 days... :rolleyes1
We didn't take the time to design our own cars so we just bypassed that and got on the line. The line moved quickly and soon we were boarding our vehicles!
I liked how the ride was darker, but it did feel less like a 'test track' and more like you were in a video game. Overall, I think I like the new one better. I know a lot of people miss the old one, but it did need an upgrade.
After we rode once, my dad and I rode again while my mom went into Mouse Gear and waited for us.
The second time we rode my dad and I were in the same car...um, I thought it was guaranteed that we wouldn't have to ride together! I want my money back...
But anyway it was actually a car full of single rider which was weird. But I think it was because the people on the fastpass line were lollygagging.
We met back up with my Mom after our ride and we sat by these flowers for a bit before we all went into Mouse Gear to look around.

img1868nw.jpg

Then we went into Mouse Gear. I love these Christmas ornaments, but they were pretty expensive. I don't remember how much they were exactly, but they cost a lot.

img1871ao.jpg

img1872n.jpg

Then we exited and went on over to ride Spaceship Earth!
Oh look! The first picture I took of Spaceship Earth hours into our Epcot trip!

img1873xv.jpg

I rode with my mom on this and my dad rode by himself.
Here are some fabulous pictures that I took on the ride that I'm sure Disney will want to buy from me and put up on their website...

img1874p.jpg

img1875fk.jpg

And not many people know this, but you do actually leave Earth on this ride. I have photographic evidence!

img1876ns.jpg

Then it was time to create our future! When the picture finally came out, my head wasn't even in the picture! It was some object shaped like a pocketbook! :laughing: My mom's came out though.

img1877do.jpg

img1878ym.jpg

img1879fb.jpg

Then once we returned back to the year 2013 and to Earth we decided to head over to the World Showcase!

img1880up.jpg

img1889nv.jpg

The first thing we did was ride the Maelstrom!

img1892h.jpg

img1893vs.jpg

We looked around some of the countries and I believe that when we got to Germany I got a sea salt caramel! MMMMMM, it was so good! I didn't take a picture, but I had one later in the trip and I think i got a picture of it then.

We walked around the countries some more and then we went over to this little area that we have never been in before.

img1894r.jpg

I took this.

img1906z.jpg

img1907p.jpg

Pretty flowers!

img1908w.jpg

I think this area was right before the UK because that's where we went next!

We saw some Christmas decorations!

img1909k.jpg

Continued in the next post

Life is a Highway - Part Two​
January 10​
It really wasn't too crowded this afternoon!

img1910v.jpg

This just looked so pretty!

img1911wj.jpg

Then my sister texted us and told us that she and John were going to eat dinner in Mexico. We decided that were going to get dinner then also.
First we went to France and my parents got sandwiches, but I wanted to eat in China so we all went to China and I got got food there and my parents ate their sandwiches there.
I don't have any pictures, but I got Orange Chicken with white rice and a side of egg rolls. For dessert I had caramel ginger ice cream.
It was good. I love Chinese food!

After we ate we decided to go meet Tina and John in Mexico.
We took this along the way!

img1912s.jpg

We found them quickly in the quick service eating area. After they finished eating, my mom, sister, and I went over to Magic Kingdom because we were going to meet Cathy there and go to the Wishes dessert party that night!
My dad and John were going to stay in Epcot for a little bit.

We took this on the way out:

img1913it.jpg

We headed over to the monorail land we didn't wait too long for one to come!

img1914j.jpg

I can't believe they painted the Magic Kingdom sign! I loved it when it was pink! It still looks nice though.

img1915r.jpg

Soon we arrived at Magic Kingdom!!

img1916l.jpg

Coming Up: A night at Magic Kingdom!

Test track was down for refurb when I was there last year so I'm pretty excited to check out the new test track in a couple of months! I cannot wait to read and see pics of the dessert party. My mother and daughter don't know it but I plan on surprising them with this on one of our MK days!

Then we went into Mouse Gear. I love these Christmas ornaments, but they were pretty expensive. I don't remember how much they were exactly, but they cost a lot.

img1871ao.jpg

img1872n.jpg

They are $22 each, but I think they were 3 for $50 when we were there in October. They are cute, but I wasn't willing to give that much.

Pretty flowers!

img1908w.jpg

I agree! I am looking forward to seeing all kinds of colors at Flower and Garden Festival five weeks from Wednesday! :dance3:

Glad to hear you liked the new Test Track! I can't wait to ride it!

I mean, if Disney doesn't want to buy your Spaceship Earth pictures, I'm sure SOMEONE will. ;) HAHAH how weird that your head was replaced with a purse. How does that happen? :lmao:

Ahhh your Epcot pictures are so beautiful! That park is just perfect.

Great update!! I don't know why I like the old test track better. I think it was the design your own cars that turned me off. How did you bypass this? is the bypass choice only for single riders?
Seasalt caramel mmmmm. i had that last two trips! My fav. btw LOL on the pocketbook head!! :rotfl2: I wonder how that happened?:confused3

I'm in for your TR. :thumbsup2

:welcome: Thanks for joining!

Test track was down for refurb when I was there last year so I'm pretty excited to check out the new test track in a couple of months! I cannot wait to read and see pics of the dessert party. My mother and daughter don't know it but I plan on surprising them with this on one of our MK days!

The new test track is great!
And the dessert party was so good! That update is coming soon!!

They are $22 each, but I think they were 3 for $50 when we were there in October. They are cute, but I wasn't willing to give that much.

I agree! I am looking forward to seeing all kinds of colors at Flower and Garden Festival five weeks from Wednesday! :dance3:

yeah, $22 is a lot for those! I do really like them, though!
I would love to go during the Flower and Garden Festival one year! Everything looks so pretty during it! :wizard:

Glad to hear you liked the new Test Track! I can't wait to ride it!

I mean, if Disney doesn't want to buy your Spaceship Earth pictures, I'm sure SOMEONE will. ;) HAHAH how weird that your head was replaced with a purse. How does that happen? :lmao:

Ahhh your Epcot pictures are so beautiful! That park is just perfect.

I know, my Spaceship Earth pictures are fabulous! And I don't even know how that happened to my head... :rotfl:
and Thank you! Epcot is gorgeous!

Great update!! I don't know why I like the old test track better. I think it was the design your own cars that turned me off. How did you bypass this? is the bypass choice only for single riders?
Seasalt caramel mmmmm. i had that last two trips! My fav. btw LOL on the pocketbook head!! :rotfl2: I wonder how that happened?:confused3

I don't know if it was actually a choice to bypass it, but we just walked right by the computers. I've only been on the single rider line of the new one!
Yeah, idk how that happened because my actual face showed up on the screen when they took the picture, lol.

Wishes!​
January 10​

When I last left off yesterday (that's right, updates two days in a row!) we were arriving at Magic Kingdom for the evening!
We wanted to look around the stores and some of the scenery in New Fantasyland before the dessert party so we went right up to the Main Street train station to take the train over to Fantasyland.

A picture from the station:

dscn2455u.jpg

Here comes the train!!

dscn2457g.jpg

I love the train! I could ride it all day!
I took these next two pictures while we were stopped in Frontierland, which was a long time because apparently people don't know how to get on and off a train.

dscn2466t.jpg

dscn2467vd.jpg

Finally, we were on our way and soon we were in Fantasyland!

dscn2468nz.jpg

I wanted to look in the new Beauty and the Beast themed shop (that I didn't take any pictures of, haha) but it was very cool! I wanted to see if they had any cool pillows. They had one of those small rectangular ones and it said 'Be Our Guest' on it. I didn't get it, but I eventually got a similar one that said 'The happiest place on earth' on it.
And actually I think we headed over to Main Street to get that pillow now because I saw it yesterday and I wanted to buy it tonight! I got the last one they had, so I'm glad I got it when I did. I didn't see the pillow anywhere else for the the rest of our trip!

On our way to Main Street to look for the pillow, this was going on:

dscn2469k.jpg

After the pillow was safely in our possession, we headed over to Tomorrowland to ride the Peoplemover! I love this ride, so relaxing!

dscn2472r.jpg

This is another ride that I always insist on taking pictures on even though I know they never, ever come out nice.

dscn2473u.jpg

After our ride around Tomorrowland, we tried on these ears in Mickey's Star Traders!

dscn2474j.jpg

Then we decided to head over near where the dessert party would be and we would wait for Cathy to meet up with us over there!

dscn2478i.jpg

My sister got a hold of my mom's camera somehow and took these pictures of me. I was just peacefully taking pictures of my favorite foliage plant and she had to take pictures of me! :laughing: She said I looked really enthusiastic while talking about the plant. Apparently foliage plants are some of the most exciting things ever. My job is brainwashing me, I think.

I don't know why I'm making that face.

dscn2479l.jpg

Me explaining to her about the plant.

dscn2480w.jpg

Shortly after that little educational experience, Cathy met up with us and it was almost time to go into the dessert party!!

We were seated right next to the dessert buffet! And we were right by the railing to see the castle! We had a fantastic table. :goodvibes

We got our desserts right away. This is my plate. My favorite was the tiramisu!

dscn2482h.jpg

I got a few more plates after this to try more things, but I didn't get pictures of them. Everything was great, though!

Someone took this nice picture of all of us at the table.

dscn2483r.jpg

We could see the electrical parade from our table!

dscn2484h.jpg

After I ate my desserts I waited by the railing so I could get a good spot for when Wishes started.

The castle before Wishes:

dscn2486x.jpg

Another shot of the parade!

dscn2487w.jpg

Then it was time for the show to start! Here are some of the pictures that I took!

I loved when they projected the different designs on the castle!

dscn2488a.jpg

Then the fireworks began!

dscn2494j.jpg

dscn2504aw.jpg

dscn2508o.jpg

dscn2522o.jpg

The grand finale!

dscn2524z.jpg

This was the first time ever watching Wishes start to finish and we had such a great spot for it! The dessert party is a really great experience because you get some delicious desserts and then a great spot for the show!
We had a great time at the dessert party!

After the fireworks we headed out of Magic Kingdom and went back to the hotel to get some sleep before Hollywood Studios the next day!

Coming Up: A morning in Hollywood!

The dessert party was so good!!! and you can't beat that view of the fireworks! I would definatley do it again!

Didn't catch this last update until just now. I love that tree with pink flowers behind you near Tomorrowland Terrace. What kind of tree is that? Are you going to post a pic of the happiest place on earth pillow?
Love the Dessert Party! Wonderful view of the fireworks and you don't have to fight for a spot.
Great update!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter