Pure Magic Wrapped Up In Pixie Dust - A January 2013 Trip Report - *UPDATE 2/11*

Loving your TR so far! Subbing in!

:welcome: Thanks for reading!!

I am in! Sounds fun! I have read your aunts dining reviews before!

Thanks for reading. It was lots of fun!! :cool1:

Great start! Love your writing style!

The Little Mermaid looks just like Nemo at Epcot, is it pretty similar?

I cant wait to check out new fantasyland!

Thank you!! :goodvibes
It is very similar to the Nemo ride becuase of the vehicles and the set up, but it's slightly better because there are actual animatronics instead of just screens like in Nemo.

"It's not going to rain today. My lumbago isn't acting up." - Part One​
January 9​

So I hope everyone got my Carousel of Progress reference in the title of this update, but if you didn't you're forgiven. You were probably asleep by that point in the show anyway...

When I last left off we were heading over to the Storybook Circus:

dscn2195k.jpg

The Storybook Circus, I thought, was very nice. The new Dumbo looks great and all throughout our trip there was never really a long wait for Dumbo. I think the two Dumbo idea is really working out well!

We looked around the circus area and then my parents decided that they would ride Goofy's Barnstormer while my sister and I went over to Tomorrowland to use our Space Mountain fastpasses!

A picture of the Barnstormer on the way over to Tomorrowland!

dscn2196n.jpg

We went over to Tomorrowland and were just in time to use our fastpasses. The wait was really fast because the standby time was only around 20 minutes! Last time we were there in the summer by 11 o'clock the wait was already up to an hour! I don't think we saw an hour wait for Space Mountain all trip.

We rode once with our fastpasses and then decided to wait for the rest of our party before we rode again or got anymore fastpasses.

When we got out of Space Mountain it was raining!! The chance of rain was only 10% that day. What in the world? haha, but it wasn't really raining that hard so we "ran" over to the nearest awning to wait for everyone to come from the Barnstormer.

It really wasn't too crowded at all today!!

dscn2199f.jpg

Well, it turns out that after the Barnstormer everyone went on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin so we went over there to wait for them.

dscn2198ma.jpg

I took this picture of my sister while we were waiting. :rotfl:

dscn2200b.jpg

Finally they came off of Buzz Lightyear and we were told that MLinDisney and KimPup had just arrived and were in Magic Kingdom. We soon found them and we decided that me, my sister, and John would all ride Space Mountain together!

The wait was still only around twenty minutes! And since we had 5 people we had our very own spaceship!

After we got back from space we decided it was time for lunch!! We separated from MLinDisney and KimPup and headed over to Columbia Harbor House for lunch!

It had stopped raining and was started to get sunny by this time!

dscn2214c.jpg

We made it over to Columbia Harbor House and I then learned why the parks were so empty...everyone was at Columbia Harbor House!! The line was wrapped around like a queue for a ride. But the line did move rather quickly and we did find a table.

I got the half fish, half chicken meal.

dscn2215lx.jpg

My mom got a salad.

dscn2216c.jpg

And my sister got a lobster roll.

dscn2217r.jpg

I'm not really sure what everyone else got because I only have pictures of those three meals.

Some pictures from our lunch:

dscn2218c.jpg

dscn2219w.jpg

Right after we ate we decided we were going to ride Haunted Mansion since it was right across the street from Columbia Harbor House. This is such a great ride! I didn't even attempt to take pictures this time because they never come out anyway.

After that, we headed over to Adventureland to ride some rides over there. Our first stop was Pirates of the Caribbean!

After the ride we were looking around the shop and I noticed this. An un-culled plant! Come on Disney, I didn't travel all this way to see a plant that is not culled! And for those of you who don't know what culling is because I didn't before I started working, it's when you pick off all of the dead parts of plants. If I left a plant looking like this at work, my supervisor would have a heart attack. :laughing:

dscn2220d.jpg

Anyway, then we went on to the Jungle Cruise!!

A picture of my sister and I waiting.

dscn2222j.jpg

And a picture of our boat, Congo Connie!

dscn2223hh.jpg

After our adventure in Adventureland (haha) it was starting to get a little warm so we decided that it was time for some ice cream! We originally went over to Aloha Isle but the line was way too long so we went over to Sleepy Hollow.

While we were waiting on line, my dad and John sat down at a table.

dscn2224z.jpg

I'm glad we decided to go to Sleepy Hollow because they have more of a selection, I think. I got an Iced Coffee float! It was so good!

dscn2225l.jpg

My sister got an ice cream cookie sandwich and my mom and Cathy got root beer floats, but I don't really remember what everyone else got, though.

After our ice cream break Cathy, John, and I went over to see the Country Bear Jamboree (one of my favorites!!) while my parents and my sister waited by Sleepy Hollow.

We sat in the very first row!!

dscn2228n.jpg

dscn2235v.jpg

I love this show! :lovestruc

When we exited, the parade was just about to begin! So we were stuck behind the ropes and had to watch. I never actually stopped to watch this parade because it's usually so hot out!

I went a little picture crazy (but who doesn't during a parade?!) so here you go! The afternoon parade in pictures!

dscn2242x.jpg

dscn2246m.jpg

dscn2248s.jpg

dscn2252t.jpg

Continued in the next post

"It's not going to rain today. My lumbago isn't acting up." - Part Two​
January 9​

dscn2260a.jpg

dscn2266ie.jpg

dscn2269i.jpg

After the parade, we met back up with my parent's and my sister who were still at Sleepy Hollow. We decided the my parent, my sister, and I would head over to the Main Street shops to look around while Cathy and John went over to PhilharMagic. We had an ADR at Ohana for 5:00 so we decided we would meet at the front of the park before then.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I LOVE the Christmas decorations!!

dscn2272e.jpg

dscn2274a.jpg

This is so pretty!

dscn2273m.jpg

This was the first time I saw the new couture ear hats so of course I had to take a picture!

dscn2275u.jpg

After we did some shopping we decided to look around Main Street while we waited for Cathy & John!

More Christmas decorations!

dscn2280n.jpg

dscn2283r.jpg

Balloons!

dscn2282o.jpg

dscn2284d.jpg

dscn2285v.jpg

I loved these soldiers in front of the park!

dscn2286a.jpg

dscn2287j.jpg

These light posts were so cool with the Mickey heads on top of them.

dscn2288d.jpg

Then we decided it was time to head over to Ohana! We took the monorail to the Polynesian.

dscn2311e.jpg

The monorail was so crowded! There was a huge line for it we had to wait for the second monorail because we wouldn't fit on the first.

dscn2313g.jpg

Finally we arrived at:

dscn2323z.jpg

This was our first time eating here and we were so excited to try it!!

We didn't wait too long for a table and we got one right by the window!

dscn2325y.jpg

The food started coming out right away! This bread was SO good!!

dscn2327q.jpg

I think most of us got Pomegranate Lemonade for a drink which was absolutely delicious!

More food!

dscn2331v.jpg

I don't have any other pictures of the food, but it was so delicious! My favorite dish was actually the lo mein! That stuff was seriously the BEST lo mein I have ever had. I don't know what they put in it, but it is so so good!

My favorite of the meat skewers was the steak. The sauce on it was delicious!

Overall, this was a great meal! One of our favorites of the trip!!

Coming Up: Magic Kingdom Christmas lights!

I'm glad it only rained on you for a little bit!

Okay, bad DISer question. Where the heck is Sleepy Hollow? I can never find it, LOL!!!

Storybook Circus is so great! I agree, the double Dumbo was such a good idea!

AHHH I love the parade. It's the cutest thing ever.

I'm so glad yall loved 'Ohana! It's SO GOOD. Oh my goodness, I wish I could go there for dinner tonight! :laughing:

I am in....great pics! :)

:welcome: Thank you!

I'm glad it only rained on you for a little bit!

Okay, bad DISer question. Where the heck is Sleepy Hollow? I can never find it, LOL!!!

Sleepy Hollow us right next to Hall of Presidents to the left. It's set back a little bit. It's great, though. All of the tables are in a nice shaded area!

Storybook Circus is so great! I agree, the double Dumbo was such a good idea!

AHHH I love the parade. It's the cutest thing ever.

I'm so glad yall loved 'Ohana! It's SO GOOD. Oh my goodness, I wish I could go there for dinner tonight! :laughing:

The parade was great!
And Ohana was sooo good! Mmmmm, I'd go there for dinner tonight, too! :rotfl:

Thanks for reading everyone!! :goodvibes

How dare they not cull that plant?!? :rotfl2: But seriously that is surprising for Disney.

The Christmas decorations are gorgeous and your dinner at Ohana looked yummy! I have not eaten there yet but is is on my list of places to try ::yes::

This was our first time eating here and we were so excited to try it!!

We didn't wait too long for a table and we got one right by the window!

The food started coming out right away! This bread was SO good!

More food!

I don't have any other pictures of the food, but it was so delicious! My favorite dish was actually the lo mein! That stuff was seriously the BEST lo mein I have ever had. I don't know what they put in it, but it is so so good!

My favorite of the meat skewers was the steak. The sauce on it was delicious!

Overall, this was a great meal! One of our favorites of the trip!!

Yay for 'Ohana! :dance3: It's one of our favorites, too, and I totally agree about the noodles!

Great TR so far!! We were there 1/4-1/10- wasn't the weather amazing most of the time!! Better than 10 degrees- which it is now as I write this!!

How dare they not cull that plant?!? :rotfl2: But seriously that is surprising for Disney.

The Christmas decorations are gorgeous and your dinner at Ohana looked yummy! I have not eaten there yet but is is on my list of places to try ::yes::

mmm, you should definitely eat at Ohana! It's a great restaurant! :thumbsup2

Yay for 'Ohana! :dance3: It's one of our favorites, too, and I totally agree about the noodles!

Those noodles are like the best thing I've ever eaten!! :lovestruc

Great TR so far!! We were there 1/4-1/10- wasn't the weather amazing most of the time!! Better than 10 degrees- which it is now as I write this!!

The weather was great! I loved that it was so warm and I never needed a jacket. And yes, way better than the freezing weather now!! :upsidedow

Count me in!!

Thanks for joining!!

:thanks: for reading everyone!!!

On This Winter's Night​
January 9​

So this time my title is a Lady Antebellum song title, their song is 'On This Winter's Night" and it is the best Christmas song of this century. (Well, maybe not really, but I love them so I'm a bit biased.) So feel free to listen to it while you look at the Christmas decorated Magic Kingdom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVmrjRxmc4A
It will help set the mood...

When I last left off we were leaving Ohana and heading back to Magic Kingdom. I really wanted to see the Christmas lights on the castle. After all, it was on my bucket list along with learning to ballroom dance, going to Disneyland Tokyo, and becoming a cashier supervisor so I can tell everyone what to do and basically rule the store, but now we're getting off topic. :rolleyes1
We took the monorail from the Poly to Magic Kingdom and the monorail had to keep stopping for "traffic." Ummm, how many monorails are there that we would get stuck in traffic? Anyway, we got there is a (sort of) timely fashion and we were greeted by this!!

dscn2333c.jpg

The Christmas decorations are even more amazing lit up! Especially the Christmas tree.

dscn2336p.jpg

And now the moment we've all been waiting for...THE CASTLE!

dscn2340d.jpg

My sister, Cathy, and I:

dscn2341vy.jpg

Some more close ups of the castle:

dscn2345l.jpg

dscn2346a.jpg

Isn't it great!?

After we (or I) got over the wonderful Christmas lights we walked around for a bit and then decided to ride the Haunted Mansion in the dark. :scared1:
It was literally walk-on and we walked right into the elevator. It was a great ride as always.

Then we walked around some more and for some reason my picture taking ended once the castle was no longer in view. But we then decided to catch a bus back to POR to get some sleep before our next park day!!

Overall, this was a great first park day with lots of amazing Christmas decorations!!

Coming Up: A morning at Animal Kingdom!

Finally caught up with the TR! Loving how you write! The last update and photos were great! I was so surprised to see the Christmas decorations on January 9th. I really thought they would have been taken down. So glad they weren't! :goodvibes Did you get a photo of the dessert at 'Ohana?? Looking forward to the next update!

The MK Christmas decorations at night are absolutely gorgeous! :lovestruc

I know! I just love them!! :goodvibes

Finally caught up with the TR! Loving how you write! The last update and photos were great! I was so surprised to see the Christmas decorations on January 9th. I really thought they would have been taken down. So glad they weren't! :goodvibes Did you get a photo of the dessert at 'Ohana?? Looking forward to the next update!

Thanks! I'm so glad the decorations wee still up, too!
And no, unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the dessert...I was too busy diving in head first. :cloud9:

AHHH I miss Christmas!!! :( Those castle lights will never stop being absolutely BEAUTIFUL. :love:

I know, I love Christmas and all Christmas decorations...especially at Disney. :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading everyone! :surfweb:

"You're only going to ride FIVE times?" - Part One​
January 10​

Today is our second park day!! Today we spent the morning at Animal Kingdom! We had an ADR for brunch at Tusker House so we got there for rope drop so I could ride Expedition Everest several times before we ate! :thumbsup2
We didn't eat too much for breakfast since we would be eating again that morning. We hopped on a bus at around 8:00-ish.
When we arrived at Animal Kingdom we saw this...a Christmas tree!!!

dscn2354w.jpg

Then once we got through bag check we saw more Christmas decorations on the Animal Kingdom sign!

dscn2358a.jpg

dscn2360r.jpg

They let us through the turnstiles at around 8:45 and then we went to wait at the ropes. We were in the second row behind the rope. :thumbsup2

dscn2361c.jpg

We stood and waited next to this and I took multiple maps. You know, just in case I lose one.

dscn2365c.jpg

Then 9:00 hit and the mad dash started towards Expedition Everest. People were pretty much on a mission until they got to the monkey. You know what that monkey is? A distraction. It gets people to stop and look at it so less people are dashing to Everest. Smooth Disney.
However, I see through their planted distractions and I told my sister she was NOT allowed to look at the monkey or anything else before we got on the ride. So, I strapped on her horse blinders and we were on our way...

Well, it turns out that my rules about the monkey payed off because we were on THE FIRST RIDE OF THE DAY! That's right. Who wants to see a monkey now?!

The first Expedition Everest ride of the trip is the best. So, we decided to go on a second time! yay!! We walked right on. :wizard:
Then we went on a third time. And a fourth time. And then a fifth time!
After the fifth time, my sister didn't want to ride anymore. Crazy right? We only rode five times. So I went on once more by myself. I went on the single rider line and the train was waiting for me! I rode with a cute little Australian kid. He was super excited to ride!

We had some time before breakfast so we decided to walk around Animal Kingdom. My parents were on the safari and the trails. And everyone else was...I don't remember. But I got these nice pictures of Everest!!

dscn2368i.jpg

dscn2369u.jpg

And a picture of this:

dscn2372s.jpg

We went in some of the shops and saw this Christmas wreath.

dscn2376d.jpg

We then decided to make our way over to Tusker House to wait for everyone else to get there.
We took these on the way:

dscn2385dr.jpg

:lovestruc

dscn2386t.jpg

So pretty!

dscn2388rw.jpg

Cathy and John came over to Tusker House first and we then proceeded to wait for my parents and MLinDisney and KimPup to meet us there also.
My parents came and we heard about their morning in AK. Here are some pictures my mom took that morning because they actually saw animals unlike my sister and I.

I guess the took this first.

img1748na.jpg

Then they decided to ride the safari. While they were waiting they saw a guy that looked like Ray Romano! :laughing: So of course my mom took some creepy pictures of him!

img1752dy.jpg

img1757kf.jpg

LOL. Can't you just hear him making fun of Robert now. "You're opening up whole new worlds to them--like the world of feet that smell so bad, your nose had to grow as far away from them as possible!"
I love 'Everybody Loves Raymond' !

Anyway, they did see actual attractions that morning, too!

img1761z.jpg

Apparently this Rhino was practically IN their safari car.

img1773ez.jpg

Then they went on the two trails/treks.

img1791o.jpg

img1816bv.jpg

And then on their way to Tusker House they saw DiVine!

img1827ij.jpg

Then they met up with us and shortly after MLinDisney and KimPup showed up! Now we could check in for our ADR!

Continued in the next post

"You're only going to ride FIVE times?" - Part Two​
January 10​

They took us right away and we got to meet Donald before going into the restaurant!

img1830u.jpg

We were then seated and the characters started coming around right away! First up was Mickey!!

img1833hv.jpg

img1831qz.jpg

Then we spotted Daisy at the next table! haha look at my Dad and Tina. :bitelip:

img1835xo.jpg

She then came around right after Mickey!

img1837di.jpg

LOL even my Dad got a picture with Daisy.
:laughing: :laughing:

img1841t.jpg

Then not even a minute later, Goofy came!

img1847op.jpg

img1849b.jpg

Okay great. Now we saw all of the characters in less than ten minutes and now we could focus on getting our food!!

For some reason I didn't take any pictures of my plates of food, but I believe MLinDisney did so keep an eye out on her Dining Report for the pictures!
The food is SO good at Tusker House. They have so many different things there. It's not just a standard Disney breakfast buffet...it's much better!
MMMMMM. They even have Krispy Kreme doughnuts!!

After we basically ate the entire buffet, my parents and I were done at Animal Kingdom and we wanted to go over to Epcot to ride the new Test Track and to hang around there for a bit. Meanwhile Cathy, John, and my sister stayed at AK to see some of the shows there. I believe MLinDisney and KimPup stuck around AK also and did some other stuff.

On out way out of AK we stopped to look in Island Mercantile.

img1850zu.jpg

And to get one last picture of the Christmas tree!

img1851ox.jpg

We trekked over to the Epcot bus stop and a bus pulled right up!! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

img1852of.jpg

Soon, we were on our way to EPCOT!!!

Coming Up: Some Epcot fun!

You take such great photos!! Yes that rhino was so close to the vehicle. He got even closer than that. Your mom could have reached right out and touched it!! Love that safari! Love that time for tusker too 10:30. We got to taste breakfast and lunch selections! Yes we stuck around AK Went on EE and on dinoland rides. Love those Ray Romano look alike photos :rotfl2:

I'm enjoying your TR!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter