PTParaD TRs and Shenanigans

Negotiate for more PTO when you find a new job!
That's absolutely the plan. I have a little wiggle room to negotiate with a pension and health care taken care of.

Or just wait a year then get a job. Take a long trip........if you can that is.
Taking about 2 months, but trying to stay relevant in the market

Glad you are on the mend. A little extra down time now to get a better outcome later is worth it. You'll be able to enjoy the next RV trip a little more. And not a terrible time of year to be laid up.

j

Sounds like your knee is coming along, so it is time for some inspiration.

I finished the new floor in my master bathroom shower. I think I posted pics of the broken mortar bed and some how it was leaking into the porch below.

Here's the new tile And it doesn't leak. So that's a plus.

20230129_155450.jpg

Time to tackle the downstairs bathroom. This was one of the first rooms we redid after we bought the house. It was getting dated, but the shower leaked on this one too. I was done before neoprene liners were common and the concrete board and thinset didn't hold up. This is going to be a complete gut to the studs. We already have a new vanity/sink, but everything else is going.

20230129_155351.jpg20230129_155332.jpg

Since you will be retired/unemployed soon, figured you could head east to help. You can even park your camper in the driveway.
:rotfl2:

j

Last edited:

I finished the new floor in my master bathroom shower. I think I posted pics of the broken morter bed and some how it was leaking into the porch below.

View attachment 736090

Time to tackle the downstairs bathroom. This was one of the first rooms we redid after we bought the house. It was getting dated, but the shower leaked on this one too. I was done before neoprene liners were common and the concrete board and thinset didn't hold up. This is going to be a complete gut to the studs. We already have a new vanity/sink, but everything else is going.

View attachment 736091View attachment 736092

Since you will be retired/unemployed soon, figured you could head east to help. You can even park your camper in the driveway.

j
Thats still good, lol. My old house had a lead shower liner for the pan. It was like 130 lbs, one peice for the liner. Flatened it into a block and sold it as scrap. Made like 6 bucks on it! Maybe a bit more, but I was happy to get rid of it!

My house is too new for lead pans. Hope recovery continues well. Getting ready to start tackling my spring list, for some reason Daytona 24 gets my ready to prep for the season. Hopefully, its time to start doing some PT and get moving again.

I finished the new floor in my master bathroom shower. I think I posted pics of the broken morter bed and some how it was leaking into the porch below.

View attachment 736090

View attachment 736091View attachment 736092

j
That's a whole lot of nope! That mess of tile is giving me hives. We're preparing to start finishing the unfinished basement once I'm up on my feet and the weather is a little better to move out and clean out a bunch of junk we've held on for too long.

As for the knee, I'm allowed to put weight on it with a brace, working to full weight bearing in about a week and a half. According to the surgeon, "pain is your guide." I went without a crutch today to DD's swim meet. Pain was telling me I was an idiot. Just a bit too far.

Definetly do not push it! But do as much low impact exercise as you are allowed.

I guess swimming season is in full effect too huh? DD just had her first gymanastics meet of the season, shes lower level so its purely regional. The higher level girls have already been to TX and FL.

Been meaning to how the inverter/charger is working out?

I'm within the PT and Doc guidance on the knee, it was using things that haven't gotten much use and they were whining. This is the 3rd time I've had this surgery (2 on left this one is on the right) and it's becoming old hat.

Competitive swimming never stops. In the cold months it is short course season and in the summer long course. There is about a month break of meets in between both, but they are ALWAYS practicing. Next year we're going to throw high school season in the spring too. At least during high school season we won't have to carpool to the pool each night.

We haven't used the rig since October, but no issues for quite some time with the inverter. I have a soft start on the big back AC, but I need to add one to the front so I can run both of my generator. The generator can hang once their both on, but the start of the front one without a soft start, the inverter can't keep up.

Last edited:
When on the genset does power assist help, or not really?
It definitely does for everything else. We can run whatever we want...microwave, electric water heater, etc. Just not the front AC.

For clarification, my generator is undersized for the rig. It's a 3kW generator we had with the old TT. It can surge up to 3.4kW for 40 seconds or something. The surge in the generator and the power assist work together to absorb any start ups of appliances, except the front AC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter