PS wait time question...

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
I have a made a few priority seating "reservations" for our August trip and I wonder if recent visitors can give me some feedback.

During our April trip I had several PS's that we waited 10-30 minutes for despite checking in 10 minutes early as requested. Once we were seated after a party who's ps was after us at Garden Grille, I really didn't mind but found it odd as they checked in afer us. It may have had to do with party size (us 3 them 4?) but it was a significant time difference. Oh and they got their request of outside rim and we did not - that did bum me out!

So what have those who have recently returned found for waits with a ps? TIA
TJ

There are certain restaurants that we have always had to wait with PS: Brown Derby(20-30 min); Sci-fi (20min). On new year's Eve we had PS at Teppanyaki and waited almost an hour. Most other places we have been seated immediately or 10 minutes. Holidays and peak dinner times at popular restaurants can be longer. I think it really works out fine.
Connears

The PS sysyem does result somtimes in waits--since it isn't an actual "reservation". We've waited as long as an hour at California Grill and it was just the 2 of us.
My experience is that most times, you are seated at (or very near) the actual PS time.

Sometimes there can be waits...but, the people that got seated ahead of you even though they checked in after you may have been on one of Disney's deluxe plans...room/food, etc.

When we traved on the grand plan...all we had to say was we are on the grand plan...we got instant ps's and seated pretty much immediated everywhere we went. Even though I always have our ps's made well in advance...we wanted to do a last minute breakfast at Crystal Palace...(during the holidays of course)...we walked up the place was packed...people everywhere. Hubby picked up his cell, called wdw-dine number...we got a ps...and walked up and were seated immediately. We were very excited. But again, we paid a lot of money for the 10 days we were there...so I guess some special treatment should be involved.

We were at WDW July 12th-25th. Wait times were highly variable- at Marrakesh, Spoodles, Mama Melrose, Rose and Crown we got right in; at Cape May we had 8:30 PM dinner reservations and waited 1.5 hours (table for 6- they had an "unexpected" large party). They staff was taking the food off the steam tables and vacuuming under our feet we got seated so late- and with 4 hungry kids! Manager picked up our drinks, though!

Similar wait at Chef Mickey's for the 8:45 PM seating for 10- restaurant was almost empty by the time we were served. Lots of character interaction and great food service, though!

The crowded restaurants seemed to be having a problem estimating the turnover rate. Manager at Cape May told us that the higher ups were expecting about 1/2 the time that people were actually taking, thus everything was way overbooked. One of a couple of "rough" spots, although all in all our trip was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter