Pros and Cons of bringing a backpack

To the men that wear cargo shorts as a woman can I just say that is not an option for us.
I have never been able to find actual cargo shorts for women. I don't call tiny pockets that don't zip or velcro and just have the look of cargo pockets useful.
Also I've gone as far as buying menus but the extra crotch space chafs me.
Also your wives would be carrying a bag of it weren't for you.
I dont have a husband so I bring a small crossbody for my phone, charger, coin pouch that I use as a wallet for Disney, tiny tube of Advil, and a chapstick.
I can tell my wife would NOT be carrying a bag if it weren't for me. She hates carrying a purse / bag when she goes to a theme park or on vacation. For her, chapstick would be in one pocket and phone in another. At Disney, she would rely completely on MagicBand for purchase and not carry cash. I know this as she has gone on "Ladies Only" trips.

Why do you carry a phone charge? Why charge your phone when you get back to the resort? Do you use your phone THAT much? For me, I have to carry my phone but that doesn't mean I have use it. My phone is on and ringer on and have NEVER used the battery all up on one day at the parks.

My wife has a couple of shirt and a skirt from here (https://herpackinglist.com/2017/05/stylish-theft-proof-travel-clothing-women/) with hidden pockets.

I always carry a backpack. My main reason for doing so is that we usually go in February and if we are going to be in the parks until after dark, which most of the time we are, we have jackets or pullovers in the backpack. Too hot during the day to wear a jacket. I keep my money clip and sunscreen in there as well. After dark, we all throw our sunglasses in. So yeah.....I guess I do have the much stuff to carry around. :)
LOL.....Like you, we usually go in February too. We sometimes go back to the room to freshen up before heading back out for a nice signature dinner and at that point we grab our jackets so we don't have to carry them throughout the day.

I can tell my wife would NOT be carrying a bag if it weren't for me. She hates carrying a purse / bag when she goes to a theme park or on vacation. For her, chapstick would be in one pocket and phone in another. At Disney, she would rely completely on MagicBand for purchase and not carry cash. I know this as she has gone on "Ladies Only" trips.

Why do you carry a phone charge? Why charge your phone when you get back to the resort? Do you use your phone THAT much? For me, I have to carry my phone but that doesn't mean I have use it. My phone is on and ringer on and have NEVER used the battery all up on one day at the parks.

My wife has a couple of shirt and a skirt from here (https://herpackinglist.com/2017/05/stylish-theft-proof-travel-clothing-women/) with hidden pockets.

I'm not the person you quoted, but yes, my phone wears out rather quickly, and I'd rather have a spare battery charger than have to try and find an outlet somewhere. And all I use my phone for is pics and for the Disney ap.

The photos your link sent me to made me laugh! I'm large chested, so no way am I cramming stuff into pockets on my chest. And I'd rather carry a bag than wear a scarf in the parks. I can't stand to wear a scarf, it makes me feel like someone is choking me.

I don't understand why people would rather have things in their pockets instead of wearing a bag. You feel every little thing in your pocket! And all that standing and sitting, I'd be paranoid something would fall out. But as the saying goes, different strokes. Neither way is wrong, it is what is right for you.

Just looked, and $100 for a skirt is too much for me to spend on theme park attire.

Actually I barely use my phone at all. Only for MDE. I've been enough that I dont take a pic of everything and I dont feel the need to constantly check social media.
I bring the portable charger that is the size of a lipstick as a just in case. It's the only item I bring and may not use but my battery has drain before and i always want a means of coominication.
Your wife is lucky she has not needed an ID, credit card in case of the magic band not working, and an insurance card. I've needed all three and I'm glad I carry them.
I can't even find shorts with pockets big enough to keep a phone so I guess she has also lucked out there.

I don't understand why people would rather have things in their pockets instead of wearing a bag.

That's easy. I am tired of people with bags not watching where the bag fly when they turn around and hit other people. I, therefore, don't want to be one of THOSE people.

I completely agree that it is what is comfort for that person. I am just trying to understand why people carry a bag when most things or reasons people carry a bag don't make sense.

That's easy. I am tired of people with bags not watching where the bag fly when they turn around and hit other people. I, therefore, don't want to be one of THOSE people.

I completely agree that it is what is comfort for that person. I am just trying to understand why people carry a bag when most things or reasons people carry a bag don't make sense.

To be clear, their reasons don't make sense to you.

And in my book if you are close enough that someone turning around hits you with their bag, then you are standing too close.

Btw, it is always a good idea to have a little cash on hand. More than once I have seen it where the computers were down, and the food stands were accepting cash only. It would stink to want a drink and not be able to get one.

Btw, it is always a good idea to have a little cash on hand. More than once I have seen it where the computers were down, and the food stands were accepting cash only. It would stink to want a drink and not be able to get one.
I will pass that on to my wife the next time she does "Ladies Only" trip. I have extra cash and credit card when we go as a couple.

I will pass that on to my wife the next time she does "Ladies Only" trip. I have extra cash and credit card when we go as a couple.

I don't like to carry much cash on me, as I'm afraid I will lose it. But one trip the kiosk by Space Mountain was cash only, and I really wanted a water. Was glad I had a little money with me. A different trip it was a kiosk by the bridge in the Animal Kingdom.

I don't like to carry much cash on me, as I'm afraid I will lose it. But one trip the kiosk by Space Mountain was cash only, and I really wanted a water. Was glad I had a little money with me. A different trip it was a kiosk by the bridge in the Animal Kingdom.
You know you can get free watch from the QS places. We just ask for a cup of water.

I always carry a backpack. I carry the water for the both of us and what ever little nik-nak we buy. I know you can pick up at the park entrance but if I only have purchased one shirt I'll carry it in my backpack rather than wait in line at the end of the day if leaving at park closing. Also a backpack is easier than carrying a bag in hand since my fingers usually get tired after a while. Make sure you get a backpack with padded/wide straps, makes it easier on the shoulders.

Only downsides I see to a backpack is waiting in line at the check station, and I've really fuzzied up the back of a lot of my favorite shirts from the backpack rubbing against my back.

Sorry quoted instead of editing my post to add:

I always carry a backpack. I carry the water for the both of us and what ever little nik-nak we buy. I know you can pick up at the park entrance but if I only have purchased one shirt I'll carry it in my backpack rather than wait in line at the end of the day if leaving at park closing. Also a backpack is easier than carrying a bag in hand since my fingers usually get tired after a while. Also I carry emergency items for the both of us, band aids, nausea medication, mole skins etc. Make sure you get a backpack with padded/wide straps, makes it easier on the shoulders.

Only downsides I see to a backpack is waiting in line at the check station, and I've really fuzzied up the back of a lot of my favorite shirts from the backpack rubbing against my back.

I have a Baggallini Messenger Bag. It's lightweight and water proof. While I can get free ice water, I don't like the taste of the water there. We have filtering water bottles. I also have to have some stuff on hand for some health issues. My bag is just the one strap cross body. For some rides, I just swing it around the front of me and sit.

Also, my husband and I share the responsibility of carrying it. It's not bad. I like being able to bring a couple things in with me. I wish we could go unburdened, but it doesn't always work well for us. Everyone is different. Think about what you want to bring with you and what size bag would work best. A slightly smaller bag is more manageable than a full blown backpack. :)

Most of all... don't over think or stress too much! :)

Wow. How many people have you asked? To know that most people carry things that don't make sense?

I mean, if you want to ask everyone, I carry medication. It makes sense to me.

I also don't want my pockets stuffed full. I'm a large woman and I don't need to look any bigger.

You know you can get free watch from the QS places. We just ask for a cup of water.

I don't like the taste of it, not even the supposedly filtered stuff tastes decent to me. I also tend to rotate between plain water and Smartwater.

Wow. How many people have you asked? To know that most people carry things that don't make sense?

I mean, if you want to ask everyone, I carry medication. It makes sense to me.

I also don't want my pockets stuffed full. I'm a large woman and I don't need to look any bigger.
I completely agree that medication is important to carry around!!!

I don't need much but I do need my camera, my phone, a water bottle, a portable charger and tissues. I've got a small backpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter