Proposals at Disney?

We spent a very wet Christmas day 2004 in Magic Kingdom. We were soaked to the skin and I was looking very attractive with my poncho on. The parades had been cancelled due to the sodden streets and we were considering leaving early. We had booked a character meal at Liberty Tree Tavern (which incidentally I highly recommend). So we brought the booking forward.

Thankfully when we were done stuffing ourselves it had stopped raining and they made the decision to try with Spectro magic. So we hung around and then waited for Wishes. The fireworks ended and I suggested we left but my gorgeous boyfriend said lets go for a walk. We found a secluded place to the left of the castle. I could see the stage and people preparing for a show. Not wanting to miss out on another Disney Christmas show I was desperately trying to make him head back to the front of the castle. He said you can't go I have to ask you something and that was it. From a slightly depressing Christmas day to the best day of my life....That's Disney Magic!

Congrats to everyone on their wedding past and future.

Emma

My engagement story...
My DF and I went down to WDW for a long weekend to meet up with some friends. The last day of our trip was devoted to MK, my favorite! I wanted to get there uber-early so invited our friends to meet us but understood if they didn't want to. (They have 3 kids and getting anywhere early was next to impossible for them). So when they agreed to be up and out of their room by 8:00 was shocking to me... (should have caught on).

We walked up Main Street and after taking our zillion pics of the castle we starting talking about what to do first. My friend casually mentioned that she wanted to find Cinderella's Wishing Well. And my DBF, Randy, piped and said it was a good idea... He's not a big sightseer and is all about the rides... ( should have caught on).

So we find the well and my friend and I are all over the place taking a zillion more pics. Randy walks up to me, hands me a nickel, and says, "Let's make a wish" So we make our wishes, throw the nickels in, and I continue photographing everything. He asks me what I wished for. Being stubborn and superstiticious to boot, I wasn't about to tell him. He asks me if I want to know what his wish was. I casually say, "Sure."

(Are you ready for it?)

He gets down on one knee and presents this jewelry box and asks me if I will eventually marry him.... I don't remember much after that.
Randy quoted me as saying: "Randall! Randall! Are you serious?!
I eventually stopped shedding tears and said yes. He still picks on me that he had to ask twice before I gave him an answer besides his name.

Here's the pic that my friend, who Randall conveniently setup to be there, took. So that's why they were up so early!
407789_11_full.jpg

Question, what if you just want to eat at that resturaunt in Cinderella's castle and you just want the ring bought out on the glass slipper, nothing else, can you still do that?

xtreme2freak said:
Question, what if you just want to eat at that resturaunt in Cinderella's castle and you just want the ring bought out on the glass slipper, nothing else, can you still do that?

I'm sure it can be done. I'd excuse yourself and get a mgr.s attn to brief them on what you want to do.

My wife and I got engaged at disney while eating supper. I was going to do it before the fireworks, but cinderella was walking around and i approached her and gave her the ring. She walked over and told my wife "at disney dreams really come true, will you marry your prince charming". It was perfect. the restaraunt picked up the tab on our meal and had champange and roses sent to the room.

Dh proposed to me at the rose garden in front of cinderellas castle in December 01.
He set it up with disney. When we checked into our hotel, they gave us an invitation to private dessert party at the rose garden. We went there later that day and the garden was roped off, two cast members checked our "invitation" and took some pics of us. When we got down the path there was a loveseat set up with two a table. On the table was roses, chocolate truffles, a glass slipper with our names and dates engraved and some sparkling cider and glasses. DH asked me to sit down, and he proposed...it was awesome. We got to spend a half hour there, the cast members sent our goodies to our room so we could enjoy the park. It was the best day ever!

DF proposed to me on a horse-drawn carriage ride (while at Disney World- Davy Crocket area of Fort Wilderness?)- I was totally surprised when he got down on bended knee (he has a lot of problems with his knees-due to old football injuries)....I'll never forget it rained the whole day except for the time that we were on the horse drawn carriage ride.

What made it all the more special is that it was also my first time at Disney. I can't wait to go back for our honeymoon this coming October. :earsboy: I hope that this trip will be just as magical. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter