Proof of another DVC at the Contemporary!

I have no idea what you are quoting, but I'm sure I know how much I have paid for my hotel rooms. The lowest rate I paid there was back probably about 10 years ago.

That is from hotels.com 5/8-5/10.

Okay, 10 years ago sounds right. The last time I stayed on cash at CR was 15 months ago, 40 % bounce back offer, $305 a night mid December.

That is from hotels.com 5/8-5/10.

Okay, 10 years ago sounds right. The last time I stayed on cash at CR was 15 months ago, 40 % bounce back offer, $305 a night mid December.

Yes, the rates have definitely increased since BLT was announced and built. I guess the strategy I guessed on worked.

Wouldn't destroying the southwing take away alot of rooms from the Hotel? Maybe if they did takeout the wing, the new tower would be part of the Hotel.

Funny, I can't see it NOT happening. BLT has been so popular, and profitable!, I cant imaging Disney not building more. Don't know exactly where they will put it, but where there is will, and $$$ to be made, there's a way.

See, I see them spending the money to develop a new property on the monorail line... I know there was a proposal years ago, but it never got built... perhaps with point costs getting higher, they will revisit the idea for a dedicated DVC monorail line.

I'm still hoping for Poly.... just not now because I can't afford to add it on!

Yes, the rates have definitely increased since BLT was announced and built. I guess the strategy I guessed on worked.

i agreed with you both the CR and AKL would discount at the last minute there unsold rooms. the CR did it for many years. the AKL since it was build.
both needed DVC to get rid of excess rooms. It worked. It worked remarkable well.

have not heard of AKL upgrading anyone since AKV was up and running. and have not seem or heard of any more last minute discounts for CR.

disney does not like last minute discounts.

you can look back (okay maybe not) on the DVC board here (it was not separate then - so you probably can't) - it was discussed several times before BLT became a reality. pretty sure there were last minute prices for both akl and cr.

my last stay at cr was on a package thru a travel agency - we got a big upgrade. we were to be in a standard room refused to pay more. We got the MK tower thru an upgrade. while CR still does this at times. It does not need to anymore.

has anyone heard of a moderate DVC. since the price of points is so high and disney always want to attract people who have not been. really think now is the time to do a moderate for those who can no longer afford the regular DVC.

See, I see them spending the money to develop a new property on the monorail line... I know there was a proposal years ago, but it never got built... perhaps with point costs getting higher, they will revisit the idea for a dedicated DVC monorail line.

I'm still hoping for Poly.... just not now because I can't afford to add it on!

still would like one along the Epcot monrail. so like BLT it would have easy access (thru the monrails) to both Epcot and MK. someone say it couldn't be build - because of the design of the monrails. really did not understand that. though it could be like the resort monrail now??

i agreed with you both the CR and AKL would discount at the last minute there unsold rooms. the CR did it for many years. the AKL since it was build.
both needed DVC to get rid of excess rooms. It worked. It worked remarkable well.

have not heard of AKL upgrading anyone since AKV was up and running. and have not seem or heard of any more last minute discounts for CR.

disney does not like last minute discounts.

you can look back (okay maybe not) on the DVC board here (it was not separate then - so you probably can't) - it was discussed several times before BLT became a reality. pretty sure there were last minute prices for both akl and cr.

my last stay at cr was on a package thru a travel agency - we got a big upgrade. we were to be in a standard room refused to pay more. We got the MK tower thru an upgrade. while CR still does this at times. It does not need to anymore.

has anyone heard of a moderate DVC. since the price of points is so high and disney always want to attract people who have not been. really think now is the time to do a moderate for those who can no longer afford the regular DVC.

I would love a POFQ DVC as long as the points per night were less than the value units at AKV.

When I heard the previous name for Bay Lake Tower (Kingdom Tower), I assumed that there would be a second tower built named Magic Tower. Also the footprint would have been a giant hidden mickey.
Regina

still would like one along the Epcot monrail. so like BLT it would have easy access (thru the monrails) to both Epcot and MK. someone say it couldn't be build - because of the design of the monrails. really did not understand that. though it could be like the resort monrail now??

Is the land along that way buildable? I actually never thought about building that way... I wonder what the enviromental impact reports would say. Definitely an interesting idea.

Is the land along that way buildable? I actually never thought about building that way... I wonder what the enviromental impact reports would say. Definitely an interesting idea.

I just wish they would build a monorail connecting AK to the other parks, maybe connecting to Epcot. It would be soooo easier to get around. I hear the monorail drivers are much more connected to the rumors than the bus drivers!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter