~Project Runway Season Season 8 Thread Spoilers Welcome~

Slightly OT, but has anyone seen Seal's new video for his song Secret with he and Heidi rolling around in bed? Zowie. She looks incredible. Must be fun to be paid huge money to spend the day in bed with your husband!

Good. So we think we have it nailed? Mondo, Gretchen and April.:thumbsup2

Now we do have the "cheating" episode coming up AND they showed Heidi ripping into Mondo for being rude in the previews.

So, should be exciting to see what happens.:yay:

I missed that "Heidi ripping into Mondo for being rude"-- was it definitely Mondo or one of those things where you don't know who's being spoken to?

I missed that "Heidi ripping into Mondo for being rude"-- was it definitely Mondo or one of those things where you don't know who's being spoken to?

I can totally see Heidi and Mondo having a "moment" next week. I think Mondo is head and shoulders above the other designers. But because it's a TV show, they can't keep having him win every week. So I think Heidi will mess with him in some way -say she hates his design or whatever - to throw him off and make him produce something that isn't "him."

I think its going ot be Michael C, hasn't Gretchen said (in more than one epsidode) something to the effect that he's "borrowed" a look :confused:

Last week she was saying how he "stole" her color of fabric. As if she owns that color. I never understood why she would say that. Could it not have just been coincidence that they picked the same color?

The whole show this week was so moving, Val you drove me a bit crazy at times but you are a class act. I wish she could have put her heart & soul into her designs. Her family should be very proud of her.

And mondo:lovestruc

Kae

I bet Tim could name a couple dozen people he knew who were victims of AIDs. Can't most of us list a handful of people we knew personally, plus a score of designers, dancers, etc?

Did anyone see how Michael Kors looked when Mondo came out with his secret. It looked as though they were looking for shots of him NOT looking distressed and didn't succeed. They didn't edit him any comments, and I suspect it may have been because he didn't make any. He just looked sucker punched. He's always kept his emotions in check on the show outside of his passion for design, and while Tim's emotional response was very Tim, because Tim isn't afraid of showing emotion, it was just. . .like Kors almost couldn't breathe there for a minute. I want to say I remember reading that Kors lost someone special to him when he was a young man and AIDS was a death sentence, but I could be wrong. Still. He was a young man in NYC when the epidemic first struck, I believe; I'm sure he lost a lot of people he held dear.

I thought even cold hearted Heidi had a tear in her eye

I dont think Heidi is very cold hearted in real life she seems quite compassionate..I sometimes wonder if they edit her and nina to be worse than they are. Though Nina is seemed more human the past couple seasons. Season 1 and 2 i dunno :scared1:

Has anyone seen the previews for tonight?????:rolleyes1

Looks like something gets THROWN at someone in the workroom:sad2:

Also, WHY is Valerie in the previews??? Was someone thrown off for cheating, and she brought back? I'll be mad if that's the case-- can't stand her/her clothes!

;) Another case of PR putting clips together suggesting things that didnt happen

Still a good show

That IVY is a BadWord;)

So glad andy got the win-LOVED his stuff today!:)

First off, I thought it was wrong to switch the models like they did. I know they do this every season (and sometimes a couple of times), but I just think it is wrong because the model paired with the winner gets a prize as well. Now, if the final 4 going to the runway show get the chance to choose which model they'd like to have out of everyone, than it would be fair. But the way they do it - it's so completely random. They should either rechoose models each week or not at all, IMO.

Ivy's stunt just shows how conniving and bitter she is. Especially since it had already been brought to the attention of the producers and they decided not to act on it. Ivy is a complete pot stirrer - if she had put half of that energy into her designs she'd still be there. Michael C might be a total hack, he might even be a very disagreeable guy - but you can't throw out words like "sabotage" without anything to back them up.

I was really surprised with Mondo's attitude toward Heidi. I think she got him riled up by making fun of his crop top, when the real critique was that she didn't find it appealing for retail, instead of just looking good on the runway. I think she might have been worried he was going to go too juvenile, like he did with the resort wear. I didn't reall "get" her critique of Gretchen's material. They were allowed to buy material, so why wouldn't she use it? If you only wanted stuff made out of the fabric on hand, then that should have been the challenge.

I was okay with the bottom 3, but surprised that April was in the top 3. I didn't find her stuff wearable or fashionable. "Hmmm, what to wear to go run errands? Maybe my see-through top and my semi-sheer hot pants." I actually liked Christopher's stuff, but since I could see myself wearing it to lounge about the house, I figured he would get chopped.

I hated April's dress-what the HECK? WHO would wear that?Looks like a big caftan sewn by a drunk:rotfl:

I only caught half the episode last night... came in at the tail-end of the "this drama is over, move forward" speech.

I did NOT get Gretchen's stuff at.all... and Christopher got sent home? Yeah, his stuff wasn't that great (okay, it was bad) but Gretchen put everything AND the kitchen sink on her models. She will not steer away from her "style" and it's getting old and boring - I'm getting tired of seeing the same thing over and over. Plus her attitude! Oh my! I think Heidi should have shoved her off the runway!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Ivy is a piece of work, isn't she?:mad: I cannot imnagine how bitter she must be to behave that way in the workroom. And when Tim asks she needed to be prodded? SHe reminds me of one of those kids in school, the one who is always stirring up trouble and then letting some poor slob take the fall :sad2: Her jealousy over Michael C's success in PR over her lackluster clothes is appalling.

Gretchen is just plain sad. She cannot take any feedback that does not reinforce her own opinion of herself.

I felt that Mondo needed a little bit of a kick after his hissyfit but it was nice to see him come back and "make it work"

I loved Andy's line!
April sure does like those short shorts! I like some of her clothes but I don't like her. I know that some of these designers get hired by the network for blogs but I think that there are a few I would refuse to even read because they are just plain nasty!

I only caught half the episode last night... came in at the tail-end of the "this drama is over, move forward" speech.

I did NOT get Gretchen's stuff at.all... and Christopher got sent home? Yeah, his stuff wasn't that great (okay, it was bad) but Gretchen put everything AND the kitchen sink on her models. She will not steer away from her "style" and it's getting old and boring - I'm getting tired of seeing the same thing over and over. Plus her attitude! Oh my! I think Heidi should have shoved her off the runway!

This season I am loving the backstage conversations of the designers.
Every single time Gretchen is safe or bottom 3 -she goes on and on about how many pieces she made vs the others.
Its not volume-honey-its design. Sadly i think she will get in the Top 3 (??)

I'm now thinking Mondo-Andy-Gretchen for Top 3

Ivy's stunt just shows how conniving and bitter she is. Especially since it had already been brought to the attention of the producers and they decided not to act on it. Ivy is a complete pot stirrer - if she had put half of that energy into her designs she'd still be there. Michael C might be a total hack, he might even be a very disagreeable guy - but you can't throw out words like "sabotage" without anything to back them up.

I didn't have a problem with what Ivy said, she was having a converstaion that she probably wanted to have before she left, she doesn't decide what is going to be edited and put on the show. She also explained why she was bitter, and quite frankly if any of us were in her position and thought that one of the contestants cheated and was still there we'd have a problem with it too. Well at least I know I would. IMO, if Ivy (and the other women) never went to the producers about it, and were just bringing it up for the sake of drama I could see, but the fact that they did go to the producers the day after means they were taking it serious, and not using at an excuse as to why they were kicked off and he was still there. I'm not a fan of Ivy however I would have called him out on it too if I got a second chance to talk to him, and I wouldn't have cared if it was edited in or out of the show for that week.
I don't think its a secret that Michael isn't well liked, even he knows it, there is obviously a reason, we just aren't seeing everything that is said and done.

As far as the designs this week, I can't say I liked any of them or the rest Heidi's line.
ETA I really thought Gretchen was going home, I love how much Heidi doesn't like her.

I didn't have a problem with what Ivy said, she was having a converstaion that she probably wanted to have before she left, she doesn't decide what is going to be edited and put on the show. She also explained why she was bitter, and quite frankly if any of us were in her position and thought that one of the contestants cheated and was still there we'd have a problem with it too. Well at least I know I would. IMO, if Ivy (and the other women) never went to the producers about it, and were just bringing it up for the sake of drama I could see, but the fact that they did go to the producers the day after means they were taking it serious, and not using at an excuse as to why they were kicked off and he was still there. I'm not a fan of Ivy however I would have called him out on it too if I got a second chance to talk to him, and I wouldn't have cared if it was edited in or out of the show for that week.
I don't think its a secret that Michael isn't well liked, even he knows it, there is obviously a reason, we just aren't seeing everything that is said and done.

As far as the designs this week, I can't say I liked any of them or the rest Heidi's line.

I totally agree with you. And although they showed Ivy saying it, it was pretty obviously something they had all talked about. And it sounds like that when they brought it up to producers the first time, there was not much of the reaction they expected. In general, the dressing of the models and the bulk of the preparation is done in the workroom. The fact that they said that the sticky tape was in the bathroom with Michael's model spoke volumes to me. That is one of the few places cameras don't follow.

The only designs I really liked this week were Andy's. I loved that dress. And I thought the designs Heidi showed from her actual collection were pretty frumpy and boring. I still like April's style, I just could not imagine wearing any of hers this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter