~Project Runway Season Season 8 Thread Spoilers Welcome~

I wouldn't wear the print of Mondo's pants, but I loved the high waisted fit. Still my favorite. Hope he wins it all. I truly feel terrible for him and hope it wasn't TOO hard to finally tell his parents...

Who was the guest judge last night? Rachel something. I couldn't believe her comments about Mondo's print. WTH? When you have adversity in your life you should use only muted tones and prints?

Do you think that is what made Mondo finally tell what his adversity was?

I'm definitely Team Mondo!

Who was the guest judge last night? Rachel something. I couldn't believe her comments about Mondo's print. WTH? When you have adversity in your life you should use only muted tones and prints?

Do you think that is what made Mondo finally tell what his adversity was?

I'm definitely Team Mondo!

I think that is what put him over the edge - her saying his pattern is too perfect and no one's life is that perfect. I hope she felt terrrible about saying that. I also think it helped him that the judges practically told him that he won right off the bat....since the rest of the contestants heard that, too, they couldn't accuse him of telling his story to gain an advantage in the judging.

I've been listening to the CD of Rent in the car lately. I'm so glad that advances have been made in the treatment of AIDs.

I've been listening to the CD of Rent in the car lately. I'm so glad that advances have been made in the treatment of AIDs.
The first thing that came into my mind when Mondo was telling his story was 525,600 Minutes. You know he's living his to the fullest if he's competing on PR to start his own clothing line.

OMG, just got done watching and of course I was crying along with the other contestants as Mondo told his story.:sad:

Poor Tim was choking up as well talking about remaining contestants.

I am happy to see that this group has kind of come together despite all of the personalities. It makes me happy to see that.

Now onto the clothes. Unless the bottom people can catch up to Gretchen, April, and Mondo (and Andy in there) they are just going to go home in succession.

Next week? Cheating? OMG...some serious drama coming.:upsidedow

OMG, just got done watching and of course I was crying along with the other contestants as Mondo told his story.:sad:

Poor Tim was choking up as well talking about remaining contestants.

I bet Tim could name a couple dozen people he knew who were victims of AIDs. Can't most of us list a handful of people we knew personally, plus a score of designers, dancers, etc?

I bet Tim could name a couple dozen people he knew who were victims of AIDs. Can't most of us list a handful of people we knew personally, plus a score of designers, dancers, etc?

Oh yea, probably more.

Mondo was certainly brave for doing that and I am proud of him.

Well I think this is the week that it is going to happen.;)

Oh and Heidi in the workroom makes for great fun.:lmao:

But, with having them work for Heidi, I just can't wait to see how ugly everything is. She really is known for getting F's in magazines for what she wears to red carpet events. :rotfl:

Okay I have to say it the green belt thing on Heidi's dress last night UGLY... as Laura season 3 would say...she was serving some serious ugly.

I definetly think Mondo will be in the final 3 for sure. I don't mind april but how many black garments can you make? Gretchen bores me. Michael C oddly enjoy his stuff more than Gretchen. Christopher seems real nice but he falls into boring alot as well. Andy is interesting too bad about the hot mess last night.

Okay I have to say it the green belt thing on Heidi's dress last night UGLY... as Laura season 3 would say...she was serving some serious ugly.

I definetly think Mondo will be in the final 3 for sure. I don't mind april but how many black garments can you make? Gretchen bores me. Michael C oddly enjoy his stuff more than Gretchen. Christopher seems real nice but he falls into boring alot as well. Andy is interesting too bad about the hot mess last night.

Agree with Mondo as #1 and probably Gretchen as #2.

Now I am checking out their stuff before I say anything else. I love going to the scorecard page.;)

Honestly I can't believe Michael is still there (I just personally do NOT like his clothes, I think they are ugly) and Christopher's stuff is OK. Andy's stuff is OK too. Now April's is odd but she is very fashion forward.

I am rooting for April to make as #3. Maybe Andy, then Christopher. If they pick Michael, I will be disappointed.

Agree with Mondo as #1 and probably Gretchen as #2.

Now I am checking out their stuff before I say anything else. I love going to the scorecard page.;)

Honestly I can't believe Michael is still there (I just personally do NOT like his clothes, I think they are ugly) and Christopher's stuff is OK. Andy's stuff is OK too. Now April's is odd but she is very fashion forward.

I am rooting for April to make as #3. Maybe Andy, then Christopher. If they pick Michael, I will be disappointed.

I don't like Michael's clothes at all. They just don't seem original to me -- I feel as if anything decent he does I have seen before while the only original things (like last night's mess) are just ugly.

At the moment, my favorites by far are Mondo and April, with April having the edge for me because I can imagine wearing more of her designs than Mondo's. I love his style, but mixing prints that blatantly just isn't for me.

For the rest, Andy's clothes are hit or miss. I love some of Christopher's designs, but they always seem more ready-to-wear rather than haute couture. And, although I don't like all of Gretchen's clothes, I think her clothes are amazingly well put together, they always seem identifiable as being hers and I think she will round out the final three.

Good. So we think we have it nailed? Mondo, Gretchen and April.:thumbsup2

Now we do have the "cheating" episode coming up AND they showed Heidi ripping into Mondo for being rude in the previews.

So, should be exciting to see what happens.:yay:

Good. So we think we have it nailed? Mondo, Gretchen and April.:thumbsup2

Now we do have the "cheating" episode coming up AND they showed Heidi ripping into Mondo for being rude in the previews.

So, should be exciting to see what happens.:yay:

I think its going ot be Michael C, hasn't Gretchen said (in more than one epsidode) something to the effect that he's "borrowed" a look :confused:

I think its going ot be Michael C, hasn't Gretchen said (in more than one epsidode) something to the effect that he's "borrowed" a look :confused:

I am just not sure that it would constitute "cheating" though. I remember a few of Kenley's looks were extremely derivative (her wedding dress was almost identical to Alexander McQueen), and they commented about it, but no actual cheating claims. The biggest cheating scandal from past years was when someone was found to be using pattern books, and was asked to leave the show.

Back in the 80s I worked in radio in NY and had lots of friends in the theatre. I counted 30 who had passed away before I left in 1986. It was so new then and even Hiv was a death sentence.

Mondo's story... and the way he delivered it, was heartbreaking. He is a broken toy. I just want to HUG him! His story about coming out to his mother got to me, too....

Valerie touched me, too. Her goodbye speech was spot on, she's adorable.:hug:

Mondo is light years ahead of the ones left. Mike C and Christopher have yet to excite me, Gretchen is good but I cannot STAND her, and April is goth Victoria's Secret :scared:

I personally don't see all the difference last night between the two and simple shirt outfits but one is boring and bottom three and ones is great and top three, must have been the pattern of material. Not a Gretchen fan, here.

I personally don't see all the difference last night between the two and simple shirt outfits but one is boring and bottom three and ones is great and top three, must have been the pattern of material. Not a Gretchen fan, here.

I didn't either, the only thing I think may have helped Gretchen is her inspiration for the fabric. They saw her inspiration and said they didn't get that with Christopher's.

I don't think it was just the pattern of the material. I think that Christopher's pants were cut a bit strangely and were very basic and the off-the-shoulder look seemed a bit out of proportion which was not flattering to the model. The point is, if it is going to be simple, it has to be done perfectly, and if a model looks malformed in an outfit, something is dreadfully wrong. Gretchen's shirt was cut in a very original way, both front and back, and the yoke on the pants (along with the lighter border) took them a step beyond the expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter