Printing invitations purchased from Etsy

ski_mom

DIS Veteran
DD is planning a wedding shower for her friend. She's looking into the invitations you can customize and print on Etsy.

Just wondered if anyone has done this before. We have a nice printer I can use from work to print them, but do you just buy the 8.5"x11" card stock and then cut down to size? I also wondered if you can send the jpg to Walgreens (or somewhere similar) and get them printed there or something too?

She's under a bit of a time crunch, so she really doesn't have time to have something printed and shipped to her to mail.

Thanks for any knowledge!

I think you'll have a few options available. You can upload the image to Staples or Office Depot for printing and request cutting, plus you can select the paper that you want it on. It can get expensive, but probably cheaper than going the traditional route. Plus you're not wasting your own ink. You might also be able to upload it to someplace like Sam's Club or Costco online for printing on photo paper. It might not be the look you're interested in, but would already be cut to size (4x6 or 5x7). Depending on your location you can pick up in store too.

I've purchased invites a couple times, from Etsy. I had them printed at a local printing/ business chain store. It's very quick and easy, they turned out great. Prior to that we printed them ourselves, but with ink, nice paper and "oopsies" waste, it was too frustrating, time consuming and not worth it to me. Ours were sized to fit 2 to a sheet of paper. We have a decent paper cutter, so my daughter (the perfectionist) cut them herself. That saved a some on the cost.

Thank you both! We will probably try to print one on our own, but very well may end up paying to print somewhere else depending on the results we get.

Thanks again!

I would upload the file and have them printed by Vistaprint.
I have tried printing at home and also at Staples, Office Depot, etc. IMO, Vistaprint does the best job.

Edited to add: I just read where you are in a time crunch - Walgreens is definitely an option to print- but it would be on a glossy, photo paper.
Staples or Office Depot should have same day printing as well.

Thank you for your help! She's going to make a final decision today - unfortunately she gets her procrastination from me!

I just ordered my kids birthday invites off of etsy converted them into jpegs and created cardstock cards on walgreens.com and they were ready within an hour. The quality isn't as good as a shutterfly or one of the online companies but worked great for this purpose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!