Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

For MW, I got to the expo just after 5:30p on Wednesday (way after my VQ time expired) and they still let me in to the official merch bldg. At the same time I overheard a staff person telling another to start letting people without VQs in (there did seem to be a clump of people waiting outside who cheered when they heard that).

A lot of Dopey specific merch was gone (or only in one size) but there did seem to be quite a bit of general MW items. There was absolutely no line for Dopey bib pickup. Didn't check on the general vendor area.
Yeah they aren't strict about the return time if you are late at all. Its just sort of not clear on when that no VQ time will start. You are better off just grabbing a queue spot and going late if need be.

With W&D at 11am ish it was about 30 mins to queue to get into field house and leave with 5k/10k bibs no line for main expo…when brother in law got there at 430ish to get his 5k bib he could of walked right in to merch if he wanted w/o a VQ

I definitely see princesses leaning more toward MW crazy and Springtime leaning more toward W&D organized chaos

With W&D at 11am ish it was about 30 mins to queue to get into field house and leave with 5k/10k bibs no line for main expo…when brother in law got there at 430ish to get his 5k bib he could of walked right in to merch if he wanted w/o a VQ

I definitely see princesses leaning more toward MW crazy and Springtime leaning more toward W&D organized chaos
Princess is typically chaotic with merch anyways.

My training for Princess post-dopey has certainly taken a hit. I've been dealing with some hip pain since the fall and finally got in to an Orthopedist to take a look. He diagnosed me with early onset arthritis in my hips and torn labrums in both. So.... yay?

Still coming up with a treatment plan but it will most likely involve PT, anti-inflammatories, maybe some steroid injections. I'm still planning on running Princess though. Priorities!

I say this with all love and all seriousness, from someone who knows. PLEASE be careful. If you are determined to do this, take it slow, walk if you gave to, stop if you have to, get swept if you have to. I am years into an injury from pushing through Princess. Just listen to your body and take care of yourself.

This is what the queues were at the peak of insanity on Wednesday for MW.
View attachment 736677

This looks like a nightmare. I hope Princess is better, but I'm not holding my breath.

I say this with all love and all seriousness, from someone who knows. PLEASE be careful. If you are determined to do this, take it slow, walk if you gave to, stop if you have to, get swept if you have to. I am years into an injury from pushing through Princess. Just listen to your body and take care of yourself.
I appreciate the advice. I do have the go ahead from my doctors to keep running. As long as I pay attention and don't push it.

I want to do this for the long term so I will accept short term setbacks if I have to. But not there yet!

I appreciate the advice. I do have the go ahead from my doctors to keep running. As long as I pay attention and don't push it.

I want to do this for the long term so I will accept short term setbacks if I have to. But not there yet!

Good. That's my exact advice.

Also looking at last year's posts around the same time makes me realize that winter hasn't been nearly as hard temperature-wise this year... You officially have the right to tell me to stop complaining :rotfl2:
I'm supposed to be in a nice warm southern state and this is what I'm dealing with today!

Attachments

• P1090930.jpg
    P1090930.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 4
  • P1090946.jpg
    P1090946.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 4
  • P1090939.jpg
    P1090939.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 4
  • P1090944.jpg
    P1090944.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 4
Please send all the good vibes - both DDs tested positive for COVID today for the first time. DH and I had Covid last year, so hoping we stay negative. I’ve had such a good training cycle, I’d be bummed to get COVID now!

But - I guess one less worry for our February trip.

Can someone give me some idea of what kind of merchandise there is?
There is merch for each individual event, the challenge, the race weekend as a whole, and generic runDisney. In addition to shirts, pins, and magnets, there has historically sometimes been ears, magic bands, cups (various types), sweatpants, jackets, backpacks/bags, socks… I’m sure I’m missing something.

Hi all, I thought I'd introduce myself here. I've been on Disboards awhile but just recently started seriously running in preparation for the Princess 10k. I did one of the Star Wars 5ks several years ago, and the Princess 5k last year. To my surprise, I've really been enjoying running and am considering signing up for the half next year. Today was my longest run ever at 5 miles. 🎉 Looking forward to chatting with you all! :)

Hi all, I thought I'd introduce myself here. I've been on Disboards awhile but just recently started seriously running in preparation for the Princess 10k. I did one of the Star Wars 5ks several years ago, and the Princess 5k last year. To my surprise, I've really been enjoying running and am considering signing up for the half next year. Today was my longest run ever at 5 miles. 🎉 Looking forward to chatting with you all! :)
Welcome!! This is an amazing group of people here, so helpful. Good luck with your 10k, you’ll have a great time for sure!

:welcome:

I’m running my first Disney race at the Princess 5k with a few friends. Can someone give me some idea of what kind of merchandise there is? I know shirts, pins and magnets, but what other sort of stuff is there for me to spend my money on😁
"what other sort of stuff is there for me to spend my money on"
Soooo, your first time at Disney and dealing with the Mouse?
Unlike the rides that all have a gift shop at the end, the race gift shop is at the beginning.
Just cash a couple of paychecks and plan on spending all of it.....

;-)

Welcome! Congratulations on your 5 miler and your upcoming 10K!

There is merch for each individual event, the challenge, the race weekend as a whole, and generic runDisney. In addition to shirts, pins, and magnets, there has historically sometimes been ears, magic bands, cups (various types), sweatpants, jackets, backpacks/bags, socks… I’m sure I’m missing something.

I think the only things you didn't list are the shoe ornaments and hats. I will also say that there seems to have been more and more general weekend and 5K or 10K merch recently, so you should have plenty to choose from!

Welcome! You'll get hooked, just like the rest of us! No one is more surprised than I am that I'm still running after 10 years.

Welcome! We’re glad you’re here. Congratulations on the 5-miler! You’ll enjoy PW so much—it’s such a great time. Please join us for any meetups you can. There’s one at Hurricane Hanna’s at 2:30 on Saturday, and we’ll gather before each race in the start area before going to the race corrals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter