Princess Diaries 8/31 Box Office results

MickeyMoose15

Happy Easter!!!
The Princess Diaries ranked #6 in the box office this weekend grossing $7.57 million. This brings its total to $92.8 million. This is extremly good a Disney film which probly cost$25 million to make. It was a surprise hit for Disney this year which it truely needed.

My family loved this movie ~ glad it did so well. Now maybe they'll make more family friendly movies :bounce:

The Princess Diaries was based on an upcoming book series. So since this movie did so well, expect a sequel for the movie pretty soon.

I thought I read on this board that they are already filming the sequel based on the book? Maybe not. I hope they make it though.

I heard that they are currently working on the script for the Princess Diaries sequel but no word on when filming may start.

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
I heard that they are currently working on the script for the Princess Diaries sequel but no word on when filming may start.

We'll be there for sure if they have another one. I remember as a kid all of the great Disney movies we used to go see (not just the animated ones). I would love to see Disney bring back that tradition. I noticed at our local video store they've removed a lot of the old Disney films :eek:

My 2 oldest dds and I just went this evening to see Princess Diaries - one last "hurrah" before school starts tomorrow. My girls are 7 and 8, and they absolutely loved this movie !! We're all looking forward to a sequel - go Disney...keep it up with the good family movies !!!
:) :)

Actually the books were already written before the film came out. My guess is that the plot of the new film will echo Princess in the Spotlight.

All I heard was that the movie was based on a book. I hope Disney sticks to formula films like The Princess Diaries and Remember the Titans which seem to do extremly well at the box office.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter