Prices... sigh.

It wasn't about the idea it's possible to look up attractions on Tik Tok or whatever instead of visiting, not at all. Honestly, tossing that comment out there is a bit demeaning and mischaracterizes a different opinion from yours for reasons that elude me. I don't understand why it's so offensive to say it's not for us anymore? That is in no way a judgment on the huge numbers of people who do visit and do enjoy it. It doesn't bother Disney that we don't enjoy it or intend to visit anymore. The parks are going to continue whether we visit or not, I'm under zero illusion about that.
Seems like you did a fair amount of mischaracterization (with a large dollop of condescension) of your own on that poster's comments ... didn't take any of that away from what they said ... I get you have your own axe to grind on Disney which can freely be shared without having to misrepresent someone else's response ...

Seems like you did a fair amount of mischaracterization (with a large dollop of condescension) of your own on that poster's comments ... didn't take any of that away from what they said ... I get you have your own axe to grind on Disney which can freely be shared without having to misrepresent someone else's response ...
Actually I quoted what their comment was, which directly referenced viewing the attractions on Tik Tok, disliking them on that basis and deciding not to visit, instead of actually visiting before formulating an opinion. That's neither mischaracterization or condescension on my part, it is in fact what was said.

Interestingly when I again explain our dissatisfaction with the current setup at Disney and how it influences our decision not to visit, which you say I'm free to do, you then characterize it as an "axe to grind". Maybe you'll step back and note that I'm not in any way criticizing people for visiting and enjoying, simply commenting on my dissatisfaction with the current status. I'm not characterizing people who want to visit negatively at all. Curiously my dissatisfaction doesn't sit well with you for whatever reason. Clearly you have your own axe to grind with my opinions and freely share those as well.

Actually I quoted what their comment was, which directly referenced viewing the attractions on Tik Tok, disliking them on that basis and deciding not to visit, instead of actually visiting before formulating an opinion. That's neither mischaracterization or condescension on my part, it is in fact what was said.

Interestingly when I again explain our dissatisfaction with the current setup at Disney and how it influences our decision not to visit, which you say I'm free to do, you then characterize it as an "axe to grind". Maybe you'll step back and note that I'm not in any way criticizing people for visiting and enjoying, simply commenting on my dissatisfaction with the current status. I'm not characterizing people who want to visit negatively at all. Curiously my dissatisfaction doesn't sit well with you for whatever reason. Clearly you have your own axe to grind with my opinions and freely share those as well.
Don't agonize too much about being called out ...

Actually, @MsChristy12 was responding to this poster. And that is exactly what this poster said he does. She was extrapolating it to other vacations, which is a reasonable debate.

Plus, I follow folks on tiktok who visit the parks every day. So I see the rides and experiences. Like I said, I don't need to BE there to deduce that it's not a value for me.

Actually, @MsChristy12 was responding to this poster. And that is exactly what this poster said he does. She was extrapolating it to other vacations, which is a reasonable debate.
Yep I did say this, but I guess I'll reiterate again, I've been there before, so I know many of the attractions, food, etc. If I decide not to go based on what I'm seeing on tiktok, then I guess that's my loss.

Yeah, I noticed that. But these things are still happening I guess. People are dumb.
It makes the news when someone gets into a fight at Disney World because it's rare - the amount of violence is extremely low. Are you saying that you don't travel to any place where there is any violence at all? That would pretty much eliminate all travel to anywhere but Antarctica and a few other remote parts of the world.

And the thing where hordes of cameras pop out ruining magical moments is also happening everywhere, and is simply due to the saturation of technology.

Don't agonize too much about being called out ...
Are there points awarded at the turnstyles for being a defender of the castle or something?

I've expressed my dissatisfaction, explained the reasons, stated a recognition it's a me problem and that it's irrelevant to Disney -- without criticizing the decision of others to continue to visit and enjoy. There are several comments throughout the thread discussing the fact that those who haven't visited recently simply don't understand what they're criticizing. Answer that type of comment and explain the reasoning and it's an "axe to grind", "dripping with condescension" and "agonizing". I'm not certain why you feel it's your duty to either tell me what can be freely shared or to repeatedly attempt to chastise what I choose to say or why, especially with such hostility. Dissatisfaction with the current operating systems of WDW isn't an indictment of others who enjoy it, nor did I demean those who do in any way.

Are there points awarded at the turnstyles for being a defender of the castle or something?

I've expressed my dissatisfaction, explained the reasons, stated a recognition it's a me problem and that it's irrelevant to Disney -- without criticizing the decision of others to continue to visit and enjoy. There are several comments throughout the thread discussing the fact that those who haven't visited recently simply don't understand what they're criticizing. Answer that type of comment and explain the reasoning and it's an "axe to grind", "dripping with condescension" and "agonizing". I'm not certain why you feel it's your duty to either tell me what can be freely shared or to repeatedly attempt to chastise what I choose to say or why, especially with such hostility. Dissatisfaction with the current operating systems of WDW isn't an indictment of others who enjoy it, nor did I demean those who do in any way.
You have your view/characterizations of Disney - this is the DIS - nothing new to see here. Despite you suggesting otherwise, they had little to do with my original observation about your reply to a poster beyond illustrating that it was being used as opportunistic subtext to mischaracterize and condescend on another poster’s comments - which I stated plainly in my first response to you.

Your subsequent selective protestations to being denied free expression of your views along with now casting me as the villain while questioning my right/credentials to respond to you is predictable - and just wow.

Your continued (in multiple replies) incorrect assumptions of what people (speaking for myself) on this thread are thinking, saying, or acting upon only serves to further entrench my original position/response to your comments with another poster.

You have your view/characterizations of Disney - this is the DIS - nothing new to see here. Despite you suggesting otherwise, they had little to do with my original observation about your reply to a poster beyond illustrating that it was being used as opportunistic subtext to mischaracterize and condescend on another poster’s comments - which I stated plainly in my first response to you.

Your subsequent selective protestations to being denied free expression of your views along with now casting me as the villain while questioning my right/credentials to respond to you is predictable - and just wow.

Your continued (in multiple replies) incorrect assumptions of what people (speaking for myself) on this thread are thinking, saying, or acting upon only serves to further entrench my original position/response to your comments with another poster.
👏👏

Is this really that serious? You seem to be taking this awfully personally. It's just an opinion about Disney for crying out loud.

Is this really that serious? You seem to be taking this awfully personally. It's just an opinion about Disney for crying out loud.
Actually. It’s not serious it’s the DIS!!! - and has nothing to do with Disney … my day remains sunny with a chance of icing on the roads - far more important things to be worried about. How you doing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter