Priceline Express Deals

Is it me or did Hotwire remove "airport shuttle" off its amenities list?
This was happening to me a few weeks ago I think. I posted about having trouble with both the app and site. That was one thing that would be missing when I could get it to work. I tried everything but nothing worked. I didn’t get on either for a couple of days then tried and it was all back to normal everything there and been fine ever since. I used the app this am and it was there for me then. So very strange!

So I'm playing around with Hotwire, both app and laptop, just trying to get a feel for this strategy-- I've tried a whole bunch of different dates (probably 20 different searches so far ranging from June to November), and every time I mark Airport Shuttle, I've gotten no hits even close to Disney property. Seems like people are noting alot of glitches lately, but has anyone found any on-property hotels in a search today? If so, I'd love to know what you found-- again, just looking to "practice" what to look for. Thanks in advance!

Seems like people are noting alot of glitches lately, but has anyone found any on-property hotels in a search today? If so, I'd love to know what you found-- again, just looking to "practice" what to look for. Thanks in advance!
Nope - they've pulled all of the Disney resorts, (plus a lot of others in Bonnet Creek) again. Hopefully they're getting a new drop ready! :)

Yeah, I'm seeing like 1-3 hotels for the dates I'm looking at....and I'm just throwing random dates in there, it's not just one weekend. I hope something good drops!

I just got Coronado Springs on Hot wire for 4 nights in mid July for $161. Promo code "sunscreen" will get you another $25 off on the app. So happy I got this as it briefly appeared yesterday evening and vanished before I could book.

View attachment 581031View attachment 581033View attachment 581038

did you "know" it was going to be coronado? I am still so nervous to book one of these for disney without knowing for sure. I have done it for lots of other trips when I did not really care which specific hotel we stayed at, but I would be so upset if i was pretty sure it was one of the disney hotels and it ended up being not :(

did you "know" it was going to be coronado? I am still so nervous to book one of these for disney without knowing for sure. I have done it for lots of other trips when I did not really care which specific hotel we stayed at, but I would be so upset if i was pretty sure it was one of the disney hotels and it ended up being not :(
You can try using my Hotwire resort matcher to help you identify resorts: https://jjt.page.link/HotwireResortMatcher

There are only three 3.5* 4.4-guest resort in Bonnet Creek. Besides CSR, there is:
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but that appears in hidden deals as 3.5* CONDO.
Silver Lake is easy to spot because it almost always shows with the number of reviews listed (currently 975), while Disney resort hidden deals rarely have the review counts showing.
Also: Silver Lake tends to be a lot lower in price than CSR would be.

In a pinch if you still somehow couldn't tell them apart, you can use the sub-ratings as a tie breaker.

Adding to what JJTNY just wrote, when using a PC for your search, the webpage describing the Hot Rate hotel contains a map that shows the hotel's distance from certain landmarks. Using a little triangulation, you can get an idea of about where the hotel is. You can zoom in on that map to see what's in the area. That might not be precise enough to tell the difference between ASSports and ASMusic, but it should be more than enough to tell the difference between the Coronado Springs and Silver Lake resorts.

People who use the Hotwire app to search on their phones have described using the Draw feature to confirm location. Do a search for "draw" in this thread and you should find those posts.

thanks for that info. i wasnt sure if the customer rating and review numbers were that accurate but sounds like they are (like it will say "800" reviews if they are somewhere between 800 and 899).

thanks for that info. i wasnt sure if the customer rating and review numbers were that accurate but sounds like they are (like it will say "800" reviews if they are somewhere between 800 and 899).
Priceline will say 800 reviews for a Priceline Express deal if it is between 800-899. Hotwire, if it lists the number of reviews for a Hot Rate deal, will list the exact number, which should match the number of reviews for the same hotel as a transparent (non-Hot Rate) listing. But they don't always have a transparent listing for a hotel that is available as a Hot Rate deal. Lately, I'm seeing few transparent listings. A few months ago, there would usually be more transparent listings than Hot Rate deals.

To take Tom's info a little further:
If the number of actual Priceline reviews for a resort is over 100, they will round it down to the nearest hundred. (828 rounds down to 800.)
If the number of reviews is less than 100, they will round it down to the nearest 10. (82 --> 80)
If the number of reviews is less than 10, they round it down to 0.

As for transparent deals:
Last week I saw almost all of the deals disappear in Bonnet Creek, so have kept checking as usual hoping for a new drop and something fun to write about.
Because all of the Disney resorts that are open are in Bonnet Creek, I've been kind of ignoring Disney Springs and any other locations lately.

But, I just noticed yesterday that if you don't zoom into any particular sub-location right now - there are NO non-hidden deals in all of Orlando!
I started a Twitter thread with the Hotwire account yesterday to see if they knew something was wrong - they asked me to DM them and then responded they'd look into it. But radio silence then.

yeah i was noticing the last few days that hotwire only had the hot deals, so i couldnt really compare easily to try and figure out which was which

Adding to what was said above, I was 90% sure it was Coronado after investigating the other 2 possible hotels by using JJTNY's amazing resort matcher (Thank you so much!).

Hot Wire stated there were no resort fees going to be charged and that the hotel had an airport shuttle. Wyndham Bonnet Creek charges a nightly resort fee so that one was eliminated. And looking at Silver Lake Resorts on other travel sites showed me that it doesn't have an airport shuttle, the price per night rarely is over $100 and Hot Wire stated the regular price for my Express Deal was $330 (which matched the Expedia rate for Coronado Springs exactly).

I'm very grateful for JJTNY's spreadsheet and all the tips posted by others here.

That's a great deal! What room type/bed type did you end up getting?

A queen. It's just me so I selected the first on the list as it was the cheapest. I know the prices went up incrementally for the larger beds but I didn't take note of the price. Sorry about that.

Adding to what was said above, I was 90% sure it was Coronado after investigating the other 2 possible hotels by using JJTNY's amazing resort matcher (Thank you so much!).

Hot Wire stated there were no resort fees going to be charged and that the hotel had an airport shuttle. Wyndham Bonnet Creek charges a nightly resort fee so that one was eliminated. And looking at Silver Lake Resorts on other travel sites showed me that it doesn't have an airport shuttle, the price per night rarely is over $100 and Hot Wire stated the regular price for my Express Deal was $330 (which matched the Expedia rate for Coronado Springs exactly).

I'm very grateful for JJTNY's spreadsheet and all the tips posted by others here.
Glad my sheets are helpful! :)

One clarification: Wyndham Bonnet Creek is one of the few non-Disney resorts that does NOT have a resort fee, but it does show up as "3.5* CONDO" on both Hotwire and Priceline Express hidden deals which gives it away.

Glad my sheets are helpful! :)

One clarification: Wyndham Bonnet Creek is one of the few non-Disney resorts that does NOT have a resort fee, but it does show up as "3.5* CONDO" on both Hotwire and Priceline Express hidden deals which gives it away.

I didn't know that, thanks. And your spreadsheet has helped a good many of my friends get exactly the hotel they hoped for, so thank you on their behalf as well.

Is anyone else noticing that Hotwire has just about nothing in Orlando right now? Earlier in the week, there were the normal dozens of transparent and opaque listings. Then sometime midweek, all the transparent listings disappeared and there are only a few opaque ones left. I've tried a few different date ranges, and never get more than 30 hotels for the entire greater Orlando area, all opaque. At first I thought it was a glitch that would be fixed soon or something in my settings, but I've tried app and computer, and still get the same thing a few days later. Are any of you seeing more hotels?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter