Priceline Express Deals

Honestly, I think the key is NOT going into the room BEFORE verifying the bed type is correct for what you purchased. There was very limited housekeeping in November and while it's likely improved somewhat we are still living in Covid times - had we not gone straight to the room from online check in and caused that room to be "contaminated" I think they might have been more willing to try and resolve the issue. I stayed at a Marriott in Fort Lauderdale last week and they actually told us at check in that once we entered the room there would be no room changes under ANY circumstances and if we had issues with the room we would have to leave rather than get a new room. It was a pricey hotel and I was shocked to hear that was their standard MO now. So stop at the desk and get verification and I'd definitely add the kids BEFORE going for the best chance of receiving your purchased room type. That way they can't say it was you who broke the contract by incorrect booking info etc. I have never found a hotel that "loved" third party booking nor tried to accommodate if there were any errors on my part if it wasn't booked through them. Make sure you've done everything right and stop at the desk first and you should be ok. I still use PL and HW because you can't beat some of the prices but you do need to be extra careful during this pandemic. Let us know how it went when you get back!
Thanks! I now have two adults and two kids on our reservation, so I think we'll be ok. We've used express deals before at this same hotel, but pre COVID. I'll let everyone know how it goes in 25 days!

Question - I didn’t see a Hotwire thread so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I have the Hotwire app and the same hotels aren’t available on the app as on the browser? Is this correct or am I crazy? I was about to book a room last night I found on the browser. Went to the app and couldn’t find it.

Question - I didn’t see a Hotwire thread so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I have the Hotwire app and the same hotels aren’t available on the app as on the browser? Is this correct or am I crazy? I was about to book a room last night I found on the browser. Went to the app and couldn’t find it.
That's the opposite of what I've been seeing? Interesting. Did you go back to the website and it was still there?

Unless I'm wrong, HW seems to be moving towards pushing people towards using their app to get the best (or any) deals. I downloaded it back in February for this reason when I booked a Pop blind booking.

At that time I was seeing deals on both the website and the app, but the app deals were a few extra dollars off for the same hidden deal.

I had the same experience as Leigh - but after Hotwire reset their deals several weeks ago they seemed to break something that showed deals consistently across the apps and via browser. On my phone I would see lots of deals in Bonnet Creek, but my iPad had none. At the same time my desktop Firefox had all the deals, but Chrome did not.

Several cache clears and app reinstalls didn't usually help - but last week I tried one more app uninstall / reinstall on my iPad and it all seemed to come back to relative normal.

I called Disney Wholesale and they were able to add my kids no problem. The whole thing took about five minutes from the moment I dialed. I was fearing I'd be on hold for two hours the way things have been going lately!
Is the wholesale number posted somewhere? I can’t find it :/

So ... here’s a question I’m pretty sure I know the answer to, but will ask anyway ...

Do HW/PLE reservations ever get upgraded by Disney? 🤔

So ... here’s a question I’m pretty sure I know the answer to, but will ask anyway ...

Do HW/PLE reservations ever get upgraded by Disney? 🤔
Absolutely! There were at least a couple of people who booked All-Star Movies just after it reopened and were upgraded to Grand Floridian!
In the past I've also had people tell me that some AKL deals were upgraded to Savannah View, but that was awhile back now.

Absolutely! There were at least a couple of people who booked All-Star Movies just after it reopened and were upgraded to Grand Floridian!
In the past I've also had people tell me that some AKL deals were upgraded to Savannah View, but that was awhile back now.
Evidently ASMo upgrades are still happening…. I just read of one on a FB group I check. Interesting ….

Trying to decide whether to book for late August or hold out for a better rate....$299 ($371 with taxes) for what I’m pretty sure is Yacht Club. I’m out of practice....haven’t booked anything since 2019 😂

Attachments

• AAD78F54-C5A1-4A2C-A5ED-3BF5317900D5.png
    AAD78F54-C5A1-4A2C-A5ED-3BF5317900D5.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 53
Trying to decide whether to book for late August or hold out for a better rate....$299 ($371 with taxes) for what I’m pretty sure is Yacht Club. I’m out of practice....haven’t booked anything since 2019 😂
Late August is one of the easiest times to book at WDW.

Right now, the Yacht Club shows up as $508.20 for the nights you're looking at, $299 would be 41% off.

FWIW: Last January 2020 a drop of YC deals came out for about $230 to $266 for just the months of Jan and Feb.
Since then all of the YC HotRates have been in the $280 - $310 range, with a few random days of $260s to $270s.

Anything can happen of course, but my guess is $299 might be the best YC rate you'll see by the end of August.

FWIW: Last January 2020 a drop of YC deals came out for about $230 to $266 for just the months of Jan and Feb.
Since then all of the YC HotRates have been in the $280 - $310 range, with a few random days of $260s to $270s.

Anything can happen of course, but my guess is $299 might be the best YC rate you'll see by the end of August.
Very helpful! Thank you. I had found some good deals in 2019- 240 for Yacht Club, so was debating holding out for something like that, but helpful to know the more recent trends.

Evidently ASMo upgrades are still happening…. I just read of one on a FB group I check. Interesting ….
Did they mention if they were upgraded upon arrival, or if they were called prior to arrival?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!