Priceline Express Deals

Hi Everyone, Just want to add a generic tip: When you post a Hotwire deal capture asking for opinion on the resort, be sure to get a shot that has BOTH the star rating and guest rating, along with location.

The booking page doesn't list the guest rating, and you often can't form an accurate opinion without it since there are multiple resorts with each star rating.
There are times, of course, when you can decipher the resort with just stars and price - BUT, there are also times when some lesser resorts show up with higher priced deals, which muddies it up.

TL;DR: More info = better accuracy.

There is a hotel for $242/nt with an airport shuttle in Bonnet Creek. It's a 3.5 star, and guest reviews show 4.0/5 for Expedia rating. It's listed as a "beachfront hotel" in the amenities section! When I scroll down to bed type, two double beds is the only option (other than let hotel choose bed type).

I show the Saratoga as available during those dates. Is it Saratoga?

There is a hotel for $242/nt with an airport shuttle in Bonnet Creek. It's a 3.5 star, and guest reviews show 4.0/5 for Expedia rating. It's listed as a "beachfront hotel" in the amenities section! When I scroll down to bed type, two double beds is the only option (other than let hotel choose bed type).

I show the Saratoga as available during those dates. Is it Saratoga?
Caribbean Beach is the only 3.5* 4.0-guest resort in BC on Hotwire.
Yacht Club also has that weird Beachfront amenity - I mostly ignore amenities because both HW and PE often have incorrect ones and change them over time. (You may see Free Parking on some Disney resorts, too.)

For the record: Saratoga is a 4* 4.4-guest resort and is in Disney Springs on Hotwire.

Caribbean Beach is the only 3.5* 4.0-guest resort in BC on Hotwire.
Yacht Club also has that weird Beachfront amenity - I mostly ignore amenities because both HW and PE often have incorrect ones and change them over time. (You may see Free Parking on some Disney resorts, too.)

For the record: Saratoga is a 4* 4.4-guest resort and is in Disney Springs on Hotwire.

View attachment 569250
Thank you - yes, you are right! It's weird though. I initially logged in using my computer internet browser and then tried using the App, and when I looked in the App, it had "Pirate" as a room option (instead of two double bed)....dead giveaway! I really appreciate your help!

Thank you - yes, you are right! It's weird though. I initially logged in using my computer internet browser and then tried using the App, and when I looked in the App, it had "Pirate" as a room option (instead of two double bed)....dead giveaway! I really appreciate your help!
My pleasure. :) Yes, they often have different room/bed descriptions on the browser vs Android app vs iOS app, so if you have a couple of devices is good to check them all to see if any clues.

There is a strange Priceline deal for December 24th to the 30th. 3.5 star hotel. 23% off of $826 for a price of $632. I can't seem to figure out which 3.5 star hotel would be that price. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

I am adding a night onto my trip the night before Memorial Day. I see hidden deals for what I think are Sapphire Falls and Waldorf Astoria for the same price of ~$250. I'll have 2 kids (9 and 11) with me. Any advice on one or the other, including which one may have a less crowded pool on a holiday weekend? I also found a blind deal at Coronado for ~$150, but we've stayed there multiple times and I kind of want to try out other places.

I am adding a night onto my trip the night before Memorial Day. I see hidden deals for what I think are Sapphire Falls and Waldorf Astoria for the same price of ~$250. I'll have 2 kids (9 and 11) with me. Any advice on one or the other, including which one may have a less crowded pool on a holiday weekend? I also found a blind deal at Coronado for ~$150, but we've stayed there multiple times and I kind of want to try out other places.
What is your other hotel? If staying on property isn’t a priority I would prob look to which was the closest/provides the easiest transition to your current hotel personally.

What is your other hotel? If staying on property isn’t a priority I would prob look to which was the closest/provides the easiest transition to your current hotel personally.
BWV. We're going to have a car so I'm not as concerned about moving hotels as I am about crowded pools! HAHA!

BWV. We're going to have a car so I'm not as concerned about moving hotels as I am about crowded pools! HAHA!
I’m not well versed on this by any means, but if I was going for pool time, I’d pick CSR since there are the quiet pools and the main pools. Second choice would be Waldorf. Third would be SF.

I was able to book Movies for Memorial Day weekend last night on Priceline at $88/night - it was NOT an express deal. They seemed to have a lot of rooms available that seemed like they should have been express deals for that weekend, but were just the outright rate. I'm also pretty sure I still saw Movies available last night on HW at $90/night.
I was going to do it but the only res are for AK and Epcot. It's really hard to see all green for season passes holders and they wont let me have one.

Are there any tricks for Universal hotels?
Same techniques as Disney - compare stars,location, review counts etc to known resorts.
My resort matcher sheets for Hotwire & Priceline also have UOR Area resort tabs on them to help you ID resorts over there...

All of the UOR resorts are in the one area called... wait for it... UOR Resort Area. :)
So at least you don't have to look in 2 areas like Disney resorts.

Hotwire Matcher

Priceline Express Matcher

Same techniques as Disney - compare stars,location, review counts etc to known resorts.
My resort matcher sheets for Hotwire & Priceline also have UOR Area resort tabs on them to help you ID resorts over there...

All of the UOR resorts are in the one area called... wait for it... UOR Resort Area. :)
So at least you don't have to look in 2 areas like Disney resorts.

Hotwire Matcher

Priceline Express Matcher
Lol thank you.

I’ve been watching this thread for months, trying to gather my courage to try to book one for our May trip lol. I would if it was up to me, but I’m taking my mother who is dead set on CSR and CSR only! I’ve not been able to find anything for my 5/22-5/26 dates.

I’ve been watching this thread for months, trying to gather my courage to try to book one for our May trip lol. I would if it was up to me, but I’m taking my mother who is dead set on CSR and CSR only! I’ve not been able to find anything for my 5/22-5/26 dates.
I see CSR on Priceline as a not blind deal for $238 a night. A little cheaper than Disney’s $272 for those dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter