Priceline Express Deals

Noticed that PLE deals don't show up if I input anymore than 2 adults. We will also have 3 kids. Any issue adding after booked? Similarly can't even search hotwire with more than 4 total.

youngest is 3 and oldest is 8. So each count as occupant for Disney.
Someone with better knowledge can chime in but I recently asked about finding a room for a family of 5 on Priceline or Hotwire, and unfortunately was told it’s not worth the risk. The rooms on these sites are guaranteed to sleep 2, but we all know most Disney rooms will sleep 4. It’s fairly easy to add 2 kids after booking, but not worth the risk if you need to add 3.

Someone with better knowledge can chime in but I recently asked about finding a room for a family of 5 on Priceline or Hotwire, and unfortunately was told it’s not worth the risk. The rooms on these sites are guaranteed to sleep 2, but we all know most Disney rooms will sleep 4. It’s fairly easy to add 2 kids after booking, but not worth the risk if you need to add 3.
I am pretty sure it is YC which sleeps 5 in regular rooms ( though not CL for whatever reason, but they are sold out). The same room is available on Disney, Priceline and HW.

I am pretty sure it is YC which sleeps 5 in regular rooms ( though not CL for whatever reason, but they are sold out). The same room is available on Disney, Priceline and HW.
I’d just be careful because although some rooms at YC can sleep 5, not all of them do.
If you do want to risk it, though, it’s fairly easy to add your kids after the fact by calling the wholesale number: (407) 939-7671.
Let us know what you get if you go for it!

I’d just be careful because although some rooms at YC can sleep 5, not all of them do.
If you do want to risk it, though, it’s fairly easy to add your kids after the fact by calling the wholesale number: (407) 939-7671.
Let us know what you get if you go for it!

Other than CL rooms, which sleep less than 5? The options are "Room with Water View" or "Room with Standard View" or assign at checkin. Based on disney.com only Water View is available for the same rate as original price on PLE. Are all water view rooms able to add 5th person? It doesn't seem to separate on PL regular or Disney (like CBR does for 5th sleeper rooms). If we were 100% going on this trip I would be booking... I guess we would be if I pull the trigger. Would end my FOMO resort searching too. Haha

Never used trip insurance. How would that work if we end up not going? How do I add it? Also, since add says kids stay free if using existing bedding, maybe that would be a claim to cancel? Is there a way to call PL to see if room can accommodate 5? Trying to talk myself into going for it. Would be so great to stay at YC cheaper than my current CBR reservation!

Other than CL rooms, which sleep less than 5? The options are "Room with Water View" or "Room with Standard View" or assign at checkin. Based on disney.com only Water View is available for the same rate as original price on PLE. Are all water view rooms able to add 5th person? It doesn't seem to separate on PL regular or Disney (like CBR does for 5th sleeper rooms). If we were 100% going on this trip I would be booking... I guess we would be if I pull the trigger. Would end my FOMO resort searching too. Haha
The rooms that sleep 5 are not a bookable category at the YC like they are at CBR or POR. They are mostly luck of the draw. My understanding is that if you booked directly through Disney with a party of 5 you’d be assigned one since the occupancy limits for the 2 queen rooms would be four, but I’m not sure how booking through PL or HW would work since their rates are built on parties of 2. It would be risky to me.

The rooms that sleep 5 are not a bookable category at the YC like they are at CBR or POR. They are mostly luck of the draw. My understanding is that if you booked directly through Disney with a party of 5 you’d be assigned one since the occupancy limits for the 2 queen rooms would be four, but I’m not sure how booking through PL or HW would work since their rates are built on parties of 2. It would be risky to me.

I think I will try calling the wholesale number and asking. We'll see if they can give me any reassurance.

Just a point here: I would not try to compare the room types available on Disney's site with the rooms being sold on Priceline or Hotwire: They are all sold in blocks that may or may not be the same type Disney is selling.

Also, the reason Express Deals go away when you have more than 2 people in your party is because technically PE only guarantees rooms accommodate 2 people.
Not really a problem since the vast majority of Disney's rooms sleep 4. But, I personally would not risk booking a hidden room and hoping to sleep 5 - you might get lucky, but if you don't it is non-refundable! Too risky for me.
I'd look to book 2 value rooms on a really good hidden deal instead.

Just a point here: I would not try to compare the room types available on Disney's site with the rooms being sold on Priceline or Hotwire: They are all sold in blocks that may or may not be the same type Disney is selling.

Also, the reason Express Deals go away when you have more than 2 people in your party is because technically PE only guarantees rooms accommodate 2 people.
Not really a problem since the vast majority of Disney's rooms sleep 4. But, I personally would not risk booking a hidden room and hoping to sleep 5 - you might get lucky, but if you don't it is non-refundable! Too risky for me.
I'd look to book 2 value rooms on a really good hidden deal instead.

How about comparing to the YC listing on PL (not express deal listing)? This listing also says sleeps 5 for Waterview room and is the same rate as "original" on PLE listing. Don't appear to be any CL listing on PL (or HW).

PLE listing also says kids stay free.

Not wanting to book two rooms at Value since two adults and 3 small kids. Just looking at this one bc I would love to stay at YC.

Last edited:
How about comparing to the YC listing on PL (not express deal listing)? This listing also says sleeps 5 for Waterview room and is the same rate as "original" on PLE listing. Don't appear to be any CL listing on PL (or HW).

PLE listing also says kids stay free.

Not wanting to book two rooms at Value since two adults and 3 small kids. Just looking at this one bc I would love to stay at YC.

You would still be taking a HUGE risk!!! No way I would chance it.

Trip insurance is typically not a cancel for any reason policy. You need to read the small print on their website to see what's covered.

Not getting the room type you want is unlikely a covered reason for getting your money back.

Trip insurance is typically not a cancel for any reason policy. You need to read the small print on their website to see what's covered.

Not getting the room type you want is unlikely a covered reason for getting your money back.

Concerned more on canceling due to covid or pregnancy complications. Which is the reason we aren't 100% confirmed on trip in general.

You would still be taking a HUGE risk!!! No way I would chance it.
Appreciate that.

I did call Disney Wholesale and they confirmed all YC rooms would be able to add for 5 occupancy. Currently not offering CL rooms, so that reduces risk.

Due to health concerns will probably not end up booking, and stick with (one of) my other known reservations that can be cancelled. But if I do pull the trigger, I'll let you all know. So tempting!

Thanks for all of the feedback!

Does this offer on Hotwire appear to be a possible Disney hotel?

Free internet
Airport shuttle
Business center
Fitness center
Pool(s)
Resort
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!