Priceline Express Deals

Anybody having luck finding deals in November? I’m not finding much.
Dolphin and Swan are both under $300 if you have to be in the thick of the bubble, but the screamer deal seems to be on the Waldorf. Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek may be the best value out there right now.

Should you enjoy the sensation of, say, sticking a fork in a socket, check deluxe resort pricing 😳

Attachments

• 6302A590-F6E8-4DC4-8ED8-06AF7ECAAAF4.jpeg
    6302A590-F6E8-4DC4-8ED8-06AF7ECAAAF4.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 2BE11581-ADD6-44B8-96AB-79885F2FBEE2.jpeg
    2BE11581-ADD6-44B8-96AB-79885F2FBEE2.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 54
According to the Travel Arrow extension, I think I found the Dolphin for November 17th for $222. After all the taxes and fees it adds up to $315.

That brings me to a question about the fees and taxes added on to priceline express deals. What is the fee? Is must be a fee for using priceline express? Have they had this fee for awhile? It isn't the mandatory fee that hotels add on because they list that in addition. For example for the Dolphin deal for $222 above the taxes and fees were $47.97 to be paid immediately. Taxes on resorts are around 13% so the 47.97 is for something else too, not just the tax which would only be around 28 bucks. The same deal lists a mandatory fee of $45 to be paid to the hotel. So that is an extra 20 bucks. I think I have seen this extra cost in just about all the priceline express deals I've been looking at. Another express deal, probably Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista, that is $73 a night has $20 for taxes and fees but taxes should only be around $10. There is also a mandatory fee of $36. So they tacked on an extra $10 fee. When I looked at Wyndham Garden LBV for the same night as a transparent deal on priceline, the rate was $90 and the tax a bit over $11 and the mandatory fee of $36. So the taxes and fees listed for the transparent deal is around $9 less than for the express deal. So this must be an extra fee for getting a priceline deal. Sorry if this has been discussed. I haven't been planning a trip for awhile and maybe this extra priceline fee has been around for a long time, and I just don't remember it very well. Actually I kind of vaguely remember extra mystery fees but they seemed to be on a minority of deals, now it seems to be on every one.

According to the Travel Arrow extension, I think I found the Dolphin for November 17th for $222. After all the taxes and fees it adds up to $315.

That brings me to a question about the fees and taxes added on to priceline express deals. What is the fee? Is must be a fee for using priceline express? Have they had this fee for awhile? It isn't the mandatory fee that hotels add on because they list that in addition. For example for the Dolphin deal for $222 above the taxes and fees were $47.97 to be paid immediately. Taxes on resorts are around 13% so the 47.97 is for something else too, not just the tax which would only be around 28 bucks. The same deal lists a mandatory fee of $45 to be paid to the hotel. So that is an extra 20 bucks. I think I have seen this extra cost in just about all the priceline express deals I've been looking at. Another express deal, probably Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista, that is $73 a night has $20 for taxes and fees but taxes should only be around $10. There is also a mandatory fee of $36. So they tacked on an extra $10 fee. When I looked at Wyndham Garden LBV for the same night as a transparent deal on priceline, the rate was $90 and the tax a bit over $11 and the mandatory fee of $36. So the taxes and fees listed for the transparent deal is around $9 less than for the express deal. So this must be an extra fee for getting a priceline deal. Sorry if this has been discussed. I haven't been planning a trip for awhile and maybe this extra priceline fee has been around for a long time, and I just don't remember it very well. Actually I kind of vaguely remember extra mystery fees but they seemed to be on a minority of deals, now it seems to be on every one.
Priceline always adds a fee to hidden deals - somewhere around 12% give or take.
So, when they (or Hotwire) tout a deal is "12% off!" you are likely getting the room for the same price as a non-hidden deal. Which is not anywhere near a good deal, since they are non-refundable.

The other variable: Priceline will randomly not include a resort fee on locations that have one. It seems to be much more random than it used to be, but can throw a wrench in people's calculations if they aren't aware they are going to have to pay that fee at the resort if PL doesn't charge you up front. It also confuses people trying to identify hidden deal resorts if they are new to the game.

Priceline's terms of service (as of last time I looked at them anyway) even purposefully absolve them of that issue - it puts the onus on the customer to pay the fees regardless of whether PL tells you they exist.

Priceline always adds a fee to hidden deals - somewhere around 12% give or take.
So, when they (or Hotwire) tout a deal is "12% off!" you are likely getting the room for the same price as a non-hidden deal. Which is not anywhere near a good deal, since they are non-refundable.

The other variable: Priceline will randomly not include a resort fee on locations that have one. It seems to be much more random than it used to be, but can throw a wrench in people's calculations if they aren't aware they are going to have to pay that fee at the resort if PL doesn't charge you up front. It also confuses people trying to identify hidden deal resorts if they are new to the game.

Priceline's terms of service (as of last time I looked at them anyway) even purposefully absolve them of that issue - it puts the onus on the customer to pay the fees regardless of whether PL tells you they exist.
I purchased a hidden Priceline Express deal for the Dolphin for this coming week. With hurricane Ian probably hitting the area on the day of my arrival, I was wondering if there was any chance of getting a refund or at least a credit for my scheduled stay. I know the policy is "no refunds", however I was wondering if any exceptions are made for this type of unforeseen problem?

I purchased a hidden Priceline Express deal for the Dolphin for this coming week. With hurricane Ian probably hitting the area on the day of my arrival, I was wondering if there was any chance of getting a refund or at least a credit for my scheduled stay. I know the policy is "no refunds", however I was wondering if any exceptions are made for this type of unforeseen problem?
I have definitely heard of Priceline refunding in extreme weather cases - but I think the only way to know if they will for your booking is to give them a call or chat.
Fingers crossed for you!

Priceline will usually refund if hotel agrees to refund.
Call the hotel, get their permission for Priceline to cancel. Get the name of the person you spoke to. Call Priceline, they may put you on hold while they call the hotel to confirm.

Does anyone know if there is a convention or big event of some sort scheduled at Disney the first weekend of December? I was planning to spend my 30th birthday attempting to ride 30 attractions in a day (stealing Ashley Eckstein's 40th b-day idea) but checking Priceline, Hotwire and even Disneys site direct, I'm not finding many hotels available that weekend. That said, if anyone happens to be checking that same weekend later and finds some availability, please give me a shout!

Because it is sadly too quiet around here, just want to throw it out there that I'm seeing All-Star resorts as low as $96 on the Kayak app in January.
I just came in here to look for deals! When in january? We’re doing a day trip this weekend, but if I could snag a good deal I’d book a room for a night.

I’m not sure if this was posted earlier, but I’d there any guide to find Universal property hotel deals?

I’m not sure if this was posted earlier, but I’d there any guide to find Universal property hotel deals?
I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but JJTNY's Resort Matcher spreadsheets have tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet that let you switch from Disney Resort matcher to UOR Resort Matcher. Here are the links to the spreadsheets: Hotwire and Priceline Express.

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but JJTNY's Resort Matcher spreadsheets have tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet that let you switch from Disney Resort matcher to UOR Resort Matcher. Here are the links to the spreadsheets: Hotwire and Priceline Express.
Thank you! I just spent too much time scrolling and for some dumb reason didn’t even think to check the spreadsheet 🤦‍♀️

I just came in here to look for deals! When in january? We’re doing a day trip this weekend, but if I could snag a good deal I’d book a room for a night.
I just tried out a random date or two, I think around January 9th? I'd just fish around in Kayak app and see what pops up!
Sometimes Kayak likes to show you deals, but when you click on them they aren't really bookable - but I took these all the way through the cart until actually paying for them, so they seemed real.
I checked the Disney price on the $96 deal and the direct room price was something like $123, so a pretty good savings.

Thank you! I just spent too much time scrolling and for some dumb reason didn’t even think to check the spreadsheet 🤦‍♀️
Note, I haven't updated the UOR review counts on the Priceline sheet in awhile - they were playing a lot of games again where the review counts would jump by hundreds or thousands for a day then drop back down, so I let that one languish for awhile. It should still be obvious which resort is which, but just take the PE review counts with a grain of salt. One of these days when I have a minute I'll take another look at them.

I check the HW sheet data every few weeks now - weirdly the review counts and ratings there haven't change in over a year! But, there's still no Disney hidden deals. But we'll be ready if Bob Iger sends some new deals our way! ;)

Glad to see some action on this board again. Maybe we will start to see some shares of codes that people aren't using again.

I just tried out a random date or two, I think around January 9th? I'd just fish around in Kayak app and see what pops up!
Sometimes Kayak likes to show you deals, but when you click on them they aren't really bookable - but I took these all the way through the cart until actually paying for them, so they seemed real.
I checked the Disney price on the $96 deal and the direct room price was something like $123, so a pretty good savings.
Thanks so much. The day trip last weekend kicked our butts, the drive home was one of the worst of my life, and only 1.5 hrs. I'd say I hit a wall right when we stepped on the ferry to TTC, so trying to stay awake for over 2 more hours was horrendous. We're going back this weekend and are def booking a room for Saturday night, that way we can do MK Sunday morning and knock out what we couldn't do last weekend. Party mornings are always the best for lower wait times.
I'm not sure where we're staying yet, I've come close to pulling the trigger on a few different things, but keep waiting it out. Tonight I saw the Springhill suites for $200, and that works great for us as a family of 5. My biggest issue is how difficult it is to get a room on property for the 5 of us. I don't think I have the nerve to sneak us all into a 4 person room, even though my kids are small. I don't wanna anger the mouse.

Been absent from this board for quite a while and did a quick search on pl/hw...not seeing anything.
Is it safe to say Disney no longer lists express/hotrates anymore?

We have a split stay coming up where I got a great deal at Dolphin for most of the time, so I've been continually checking for the beginning of our trip.

Art of Animation was on there as an express deal earlier this week (picture of room confirmed) for both the Little Mermaid and Suites for 1 night of my trip in 2 weeks. So they're there...Dolphin is $208 a night plus fees right now for my trip as an express deal. (1/12-1/19)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!