Priceline Express Deals

Hey all! I was just over on the Swan/Dolphin board, and apparently starting on 7/5, the resort fees will increase by $5 (plus tax) for these resorts. Just wanted to put that out there for when you’re searching and confused by the resort fees not matching the spreadsheet 😀

Hey all! I was just over on the Swan/Dolphin board, and apparently starting on 7/5, the resort fees will increase by $5 (plus tax) for these resorts. Just wanted to put that out there for when you’re searching and confused by the resort fees not matching the spreadsheet 😀
Thanks for the heads up! Wouldn't you know I just updated a bunch of resort fees in my sheet last week. :D
I'll keep an eye out for the Swolphin change.

If I book the Dolphin Resort on an exprees deal with Priceline and they pick the room (assigned at check in) what are the odds that we will get a room with only one bed? I'm taking a trip with my adult daughter and i'm sure she will not want to share a bed with me. Are roll aways available in case that does happen?

If I book the Dolphin Resort on an exprees deal with Priceline and they pick the room (assigned at check in) what are the odds that we will get a room with only one bed? I'm taking a trip with my adult daughter and i'm sure she will not want to share a bed with me. Are roll aways available in case that does happen?
As a rule of thumb, there are *many* more rooms with 2 beds than Kings in all of these Disney area resorts because they need to accommodate families. Chances are pretty slim you'd get a King room, but never zero.

However, I also haven't heard of anyone having an issue getting a room with 2 beds even if assigned a King at first.

While I haven't checked for any change in this info myself, I do know they have had rollaways in the past. I believe it is an added charge (unless you happen to have Bonvoy Elite status.)

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the odds are very much with you. :)

Thanks JJTNY. That makes me feel pretty good about going ahead and booking. One more question... The picture on the express deal site has the epcot ball shown in the distance. This in addition to the fact that it is a 4 star hotel with 2500 reviews and an 8+ rating makes me believe that it is the Dolphin Resort. Do you agree?

Thanks JJTNY. That makes me feel pretty good about going ahead and booking. One more question... The picture on the express deal site has the epcot ball shown in the distance. This in addition to the fact that it is a 4 star hotel with 2500 reviews and an 8+ rating makes me believe that it is the Dolphin Resort. Do you agree?I

I don't use the photos at all so can't answer to that, in my sheet Dolphin is the only 4* 8-guest in Bonnet Creek with 2500 reviews (rounded down from the actual 2572) so sounds about right!
You should also see a $45 resort fee per day on the booking. Good luck!

Hi all!

OP here - I have been away from the boards for quite some time and didn't realize how large this thread had gotten! Although the information in the first post was correct at the time I posted it, it is obviously quite outdated now. If it would be beneficial to edit in current info/tips/guidelines, I'd be happy to do that - I would just need someone to point me in the direction of current information. Thanks!

Hi all!

OP here - I have been away from the boards for quite some time and didn't realize how large this thread had gotten! Although the information in the first post was correct at the time I posted it, it is obviously quite outdated now. If it would be beneficial to edit in current info/tips/guidelines, I'd be happy to do that - I would just need someone to point me in the direction of current information. Thanks!
One big resource is JJTNY's resort matcher spreadsheets. They are linked in several places in the thread, including post 7892. Once he checks in, I'm sure he can provide other info. He seems to have taken over as the thread's head guru.

Saw All Star Music and Coronado on Hotwire Hot deals for Labor Day weekend a few minutes ago. Didn't book to confirm but I'm 99% positive it was those resorts. It was slightly more than our room at POFQ and we didn't want a value resort this stay so we passed.

Saw All Star Music and Coronado on Hotwire Hot deals for Labor Day weekend a few minutes ago. Didn't book to confirm but I'm 99% positive it was those resorts. It was slightly more than our room at POFQ and we didn't want a value resort this stay so we passed.
We booked a July weekend trip at the renovated All Stars Music for $128 per night using an annual pass discount. That’s a 35% discount over rack rate.

The fact the Disney offered a 35% discount at an All Stars for a weekend suggests the WDW hotels are not filling up.

People should stalk the discount hotel sites in the hopes of scoring a discounted WDW room for this summer.

I have a reservation at Shades of Green for Sept, but looked on the WDW site the other day out of curiosity to see what resort availability was (few and mostly $1,000 a night rooms when I started). A lot of availability has opened up since I last checked a couple of months ago.

I did some checking. The All Stars definitely are on Hot Wire with modest discounts.

For example, using the draw tool in the Hot Wire app produces the following for July 24 to 27:

1657756663421.png

Priceline has been showing me a few opaque options for my dates of 8/26 - 8/30, but the listings are showing the Guest Review information. It appears that one is POFQ because I get the hint that I've stayed there before. I see another that I suspect is Coronado Springs. The one I think is the Dolphin has the Guest Review info.

So I guess things are starting to show up more, but they'll be harder to guess without the Guest Review info. Hopefully just a glitch.

@mum22girlz I do see Coronado for your dates at $206 per night (I have the hint for that one since I've booked it through PLE before)

The guest info has been hit or miss for a while for me. (Although that might be on Hotwire?) I see what you're talking about on PL this morning.

I saw those Coronado PE deals start to appear at end of summer during my usual checks last week - they're OK, but only saving about $16 per night over the transparent deal discount after the hidden deal fee is added in. Personally, I want a much bigger discount if I'm booking a non-refundable. Hopefully these are just the first step into really good hidden deals coming back!

I saw those Coronado PE deals start to appear at end of summer during my usual checks last week - they're OK, but only saving about $16 per night over the transparent deal discount after the hidden deal fee is added in. Personally, I want a much bigger discount if I'm booking a non-refundable. Hopefully these are just the first step into really good hidden deals coming back!
I agree. I'd probably only go for that CSR deal if it looked to be a tower room 😁

That's a good point about the little savings and non-refundable.

I got a decent deal through Hotwire for a trip to NJ coming up in a couple of weeks. But after factoring in those fees, it wasn't much of a difference from booking directly (it's a boutique hotel near my son's house).

So I waited until a coupon finally arrived in my email. With that and the few dollars savings, only then was it worth it. The rate was equivalent to what I paid last year with a "long term" (4 days or more) discount for just 2 nights.

I have Pop booked for those dates with the Disney+ discount. If I book anything, it'll have to be cheaper than that LOL. I was mainly commenting because of the lack of guest info. It sure makes it harder to figure out what the resort is.

But I am excited to see Disney resorts showing back up again.

Cars suite as Express deal at the end of August. More expensive than what CatsnDogs saw. This is the first time I have seen room photo for Disney property.
Whoa, flashback! They did that long time ago. For discount hunters these are some good signs. Ty for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!