Priceline Express Deals

Disney asks for everyone's names and ages.

It may be possible to get two guaranteed connecting rooms at Pop Century. Disney does not normally guarantee connecting rooms, but that usually comes up in connection with extended families that want to be near each other. I've read that the situation is different with a family that wants the parents to be in one room and the children in another. For example, see post 37 of this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/did-a-cm-just-drop-me-a-big-hint.3493120/page-2#post-55505633
I don't think there is a guaranteed connecting room option under any circumstance.
I read where the poster stated that their reservation said "guaranteed connecting rooms", but I'm not so sure. There's so many posts on here to the contrary.

I don't think there is a guaranteed connecting room option under any circumstance.
I read where the poster stated that their reservation said "guaranteed connecting rooms", but I'm not so sure. There's so many posts on here to the contrary.
And I've seen more than one post, either here or elsewhere, that says it can be done. Just as importantly, she seems less concerned with having the boys in a connecting room than with whether Disney will let her book the second room with no adult in it (assuming her friend doesn't come and it's just her and her children). The way to find out is for her to call Disney and ask.

Traveling in mid June (17 - 22) - just 2 of us and would prefer Pop or CBR.....when is best time to look to try to catch a better deal than now? I know June is busy and not all resorts are open. so I dont' want to risk waiting too late.....I already have tickets due to last summer's package being cancelled so I have park reservations now for 18 - 21.

Disney doesn't care who is physically in which room. They will link the named guests for the room to the corresponding magic bands (if you get them), so worst case scenario is that you might need to be aware of which bands can open which door.

You know your kids best. For some people, having the teen room on another floor or building in the same resort would be a deal breaker. For others, it would be no big deal. We usually get two rooms when we travel (family of 5). While we always try for connecting rooms, it's not always possible. Sometimes the boys are down the hall or even on another floor. It's not ideal, but it's not a huge concern. For reference, they are in middle school and have cell phones, so I don't worry about losing contact. With my kids, I wouldn't be dissuaded from a good deal by the risk of non-connecting rooms, but that's a personal decision that will very by family.

Thank you! I would not have a problem with my older kids being on a different floor, they are very trustworthy and they all have phones too.

Disney doesn't care who is physically in which room. They will link the named guests for the room to the corresponding magic bands (if you get them), so worst case scenario is that you might need to be aware of which bands can open which door.

You know your kids best. For some people, having the teen room on another floor or building in the same resort would be a deal breaker. For others, it would be no big deal. We usually get two rooms when we travel (family of 5). While we always try for connecting rooms, it's not always possible. Sometimes the boys are down the hall or even on another floor. It's not ideal, but it's not a huge concern. For reference, they are in middle school and have cell phones, so I don't worry about losing contact. With my kids, I wouldn't be dissuaded from a good deal by the risk of non-connecting rooms, but that's a personal decision that will very by family.

Also, will we be able to take the Magical Express from the airport? I think I read somewhere that we can, I just have to call and request it if I book through Hotwire?

We are new "Hotwire Surprise Room" People.

We used it for the first time for our January trip and it worked great!

Currently for our April dates Hotwire is showing Pop Century with the regular rate.

If there are going to be any "Surprise Rooms" for Pop Century in April when would they begin showing up on Hotwire?

Thanks!

Thank you! I would not have a problem with my older kids being on a different floor, they are very trustworthy and they all have phones too.
I would have also been okay with my kids at that age being in another room without me. However, the problem you have is that Disney will not register a room to a minor. Your best course of action is to call and ask questions. You might need to call a couple of times and speak to different CM's as often they are not that well educated on their own policies. I would try and escalate the call to a supervisor. I'm pretty sure there is a way to book 2 rooms for your family but it requires booking through Disney and through a special department. They are certainly not going to refuse your money but there are liability issues.

I would love to find a room at Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, or Portofino Bay Hotel via Priceline Express. How often do these rooms come up and what do I look for to find one? Our trip isn't until May, but I want to keep a lookout. We already have a week at Disney booked, but it would be super fun to add a Universal day on and get express pass <3

I would have also been okay with my kids at that age being in another room without me. However, the problem you have is that Disney will not register a room to a minor. Your best course of action is to call and ask questions. You might need to call a couple of times and speak to different CM's as often they are not that well educated on their own policies. I would try and escalate the call to a supervisor. I'm pretty sure there is a way to book 2 rooms for your family but it requires booking through Disney and through a special department. They are certainly not going to refuse your money but there are liability issues.

She says one of her kids will be 18 at the time of travel, though.

I would love to find a room at Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, or Portofino Bay Hotel via Priceline Express. How often do these rooms come up and what do I look for to find one? Our trip isn't until May, but I want to keep a lookout. We already have a week at Disney booked, but it would be super fun to add a Universal day on and get express pass <3
They do appear, but are much rarer than Disney resorts - plus when they do show up they aren't super deep discounts from current UOR deals, often something like 10-15% off.
(Priceline fees shave a little of that off so you usually want a hidden deal to have a better discount.)

So for the deluxe resorts they'll be in the $300s per night - but you do get the Express Pass with those resorts so you can use imaginary vacation math and decide whether that room rate minus the cost of the Express Pass is good, assuming you find the pass valuable to you.

Right Now:
Royal Pacific is an 4* 8.7-guest rated resort with 302 reviews.
Hard Rock is 4* 8.7-guest rated resort with 127 reviews.
Portofino is 4* 8.7-guest rated resort with 75 reviews.
Sapphire Falls is 4* 9.0-guest rated resort with 82 reviews.

(The only other 4* resort in UOR area is the Doubletree At Entrance to Universal, but that has a 7.7-guest rating - so if you find a deal for a 4* 8-guest it has to be a UOR resort.)

You can use the UOR Resort Matcher tab on my spreadsheet to help you ID resorts. :)

We are new "Hotwire Surprise Room" People.
We used it for the first time for our January trip and it worked great!
Currently for our April dates Hotwire is showing Pop Century with the regular rate.
If there are going to be any "Surprise Rooms" for Pop Century in April when would they begin showing up on Hotwire?
Thanks!
Both PL and HW like to change tactics, so hard to tell when deals will drop for any particular dates.
But, if they keep to the recent trend, you may start seeing deals for April show up in the 1st or 2nd week of March.
I usually suggest people start checking deals once or twice a week 4 - 8 weeks out and then start checking daily about a month out.

This doesn't work as well with Hotwire due to their site layout, but a good tip for Priceline Express is to search your dates, sort by price, filter by locations Bonnet Creek & Disney Springs - then bookmark that page. From then on you can just click your bookmark once or twice a day and check really quickly.
(You can do the same with Hotwire and it should keep your dates, but you'll have to re-select the locations, sort and star ratings every time you visit.)

Both PL and HW like to change tactics, so hard to tell when deals will drop for any particular dates.
But, if they keep to the recent trend, you may start seeing deals for April show up in the 1st or 2nd week of March.
I usually suggest people start checking deals once or twice a week 4 - 8 weeks out and then start checking daily about a month out.

This doesn't work as well with Hotwire due to their site layout, but a good tip for Priceline Express is to search your dates, sort by price, filter by locations Bonnet Creek & Disney Springs - then bookmark that page. From then on you can just click your bookmark once or twice a day and check really quickly.
(You can do the same with Hotwire and it should keep your dates, but you'll have to re-select the locations, sort and star ratings every time you visit.)
Thanks!

With All-Star Movies coming back in March,what are the "hints" to look for to distinguish Movies from Pop Century?

Would be happy with either one at the "Surprise Resort Price".

Thanks.

Thanks!
With All-Star Movies coming back in March,what are the "hints" to look for to distinguish Movies from Pop Century?
Would be happy with either one at the "Surprise Resort Price".
Thanks.
On Hotwire right now, Movies is a 3* 4.2-guest rated resort, while Pop is a 3* 4.4-rated.
On Priceline Express Movies is a 3* 7-guest, while Pop is a 3* 8-guest.
(Music is also a 3*7 but since is not open less confusion.)

You can try using my Priceline Express Resort Matcher for Disney and UOR areas to help ID resorts...
..and my Hotwire Resort Matcher here.

On Hotwire right now, Movies is a 3* 4.2-guest rated resort, while Pop is a 3* 4.4-rated.
On Priceline Express Movies is a 3* 7-guest, while Pop is a 3* 8-guest.
(Music is also a 3*7 but since is not open less confusion.)

You can try using my Priceline Express Resort Matcher for Disney and UOR areas to help ID resorts...
..and my Hotwire Resort Matcher here.
Thanks.

Wish we weren't so late to the "Surprise Resort Game!"lol

Could have saved a TON of Cash over the years that Mickey would not have gotten!lol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter