Priceline Bids/results

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by kilee, Aug 23, 2007.

1. bawamz

bawamz Earning My Ears

I looked under map and details and it doesn't give the keywords only the text underneath. Has priceline changed or am I still missing something?

MarBee likes this.
  2. SCDizFan

SCDizFan Mouseketeer

I got the B Resort, Disney Springs, 1/20/1/23 for $61 per night not including resort fee and taxes on Hotwire. Four Stars, Disney Springs area.

iivye and MarBee like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tlmadden73

tlmadden73 DIS Veteran

Question on a Priceline deal I saw:

Express deal for "MainGate West" area (the area around 192 just west of World Drive) ... a THREE star hotel for only $34 night on a a Saturday night near end of March.

That seems to good to be true? What sort of "3-star" hotels are in that area and why would one of them be willing to sell a night for cheaper than you can find most roach motels?

I don't know the 3-star hotels in that area, but doesn't seem like it would be many:

What makes a hotel 3-stars in the Orlando area? I am used to a 3-star hotel being like a Courtyard Marriot or something like that and seems "to good to be true" to be able to get a 3-star hotel.

At that price .. you'd figure it would be one VERY specific hotel. Any idea which that may be? There seems to be 16 "3-star" hotels in the Maingate West area according to Priceline.

5. CJK

CJK DIS Veteran

It may be the Red Lion hotel on 192. I consider it a hidden gem. It's in that area, and it's a 3 star hotel. The hotel may not be much to look at, but the rooms were recently renovated and are very well appointed. Keurigs in each room, comfortable beds, etc... If it's that hotel, this is a great deal. We have stayed there about 5 times over the years (when on a budget and not wanting to stay on property), and we've always been pleased. You can't get much closer to being onsite!

6. tlmadden73

tlmadden73 DIS Veteran

Thanks. After looking, that seems it may be the case. I am not too picky as long as the hotel isn't "seedy" or a "roach motel" .. which seems unlikely if it is categorized as 3 stars.

I may go for it since I am just looking for 1-night stay before going on property -- but if the quality and price of these hotels are pretty decent, I may reconsider staying onsite for the next trip.

MarBee likes this.
  7. mercydisney

mercydisney Is it on sale?

Are their any priceline discount codes?

8. iivye

iivye DIS Veteran

People post them on the Priceline Express Deals thread.

MarBee and mercydisney like this.
  9. mercydisney

mercydisney Is it on sale?

Thank You!!

MarBee likes this.
  10. Nsaudra

Nsaudra Mouseketeer

Yes.

11. Nsaudra

Nsaudra Mouseketeer

I really have had luck using betterbidder website everthing they have decided has been right

12. CRSTEPHE

CRSTEPHE Mouseketeer

What should I look for if I want to find an Express Deal for Swan or Dolphin?

13. ClapYourHands

ClapYourHands DIS Veteran

Make sure you're looking in the Bonnet Creek area. 4 Stars on Hotwire, though on Priceline it looks like they classify Dolphin as 4-stars and Swan as 4.5 stars (not sure if this carries over to blind booking). Resort fee of $34 (might say $33 but it rounds up to $34). A give away for Dolphin is the double beds; all other 4-star hotels in this area will be at least queens.

The closest in terms of amenities are Wyndham Grand and Hilton, so looking at resort fees will help. Wyndham Grand has a $36 resort fee, and the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek has a whopping $45 resort fee.

MarBee likes this.