Price difference between ROFR thread and available contracts

We’ve been looking to add at CCV or PVB, and the contracts for sale don’t really seem to match the deals people are getting in the ROFR thread. I’m seeing CCV at $135-145 and PVB at $140-150 in the ROFR thread, but listings are more in the range of $150-170 for CCV and $150-180 for PVB.

Is demand this high right now that its pushing the prices up this much? In the past the ROFR thread has been a pretty good guage of what to pay, but I’m making offers and getting told the price is firm or the sellers will only drop the price a couple of dollars max. I probably just need to be more patient for a good deal, but it seems like the prices are on a steady upwards path.

Aren’t you just seeing the difference between the asking price and the selling price?

Price is negotiable.

Aren’t you just seeing the difference between the asking price and the selling price?

Price is negotiable.
We submitted an offer at asking ($146 for 150 points at CCV) in early February. We could have tried to negotiate but it was a great contract for us.

In the last couple months, asking prices have jumped up on most contracts... glad we got in when we did!

Price is negotiable.
Nope, we made a whole bunch of offers and i had trouble getting anywhere close to the pricing folk post in the ROFR thread.

I’m less concerned about Disney actually taking the contract, as we are looking for CCV which doesnt really get taken, I’m more concerned with getting a deal in the ballpark of the other recent deals posted.

We actually did sign a contract on a 200 point contract at $140/pt. Just waiting for it to go to Disney for ROFR. We were really only looking for 150 points but felt the need to grab the deal while it was available.

Nope, we made a whole bunch of offers and i had trouble getting anywhere close to the pricing folk post in the ROFR thread.

I’m less concerned about Disney actually taking the contract, as we are looking for CCV which doesnt really get taken, I’m more concerned with getting a deal in the ballpark of the other recent deals posted.

We actually did sign a contract on a 200 point contract at $140/pt. Just waiting for it to go to Disney for ROFR. We were really only looking for 150 points but felt the need to grab the deal while it was available.
There are a couple of agencies that are trying to push prices up. If you go elsewhere you find more reason.

My experience has gone like this...... I shop around many of the websites. I offer something reasonable. Most recent purchase was VGF (listed at $180, I offer $170). Agent says no #$%^ way... THEN, I see on rofr VGF contracts going for $150-$155 and I'm like.... *** ???? so frustrating

My experience has gone like this...... I shop around many of the websites. I offer something reasonable. Most recent purchase was VGF (listed at $180, I offer $170). Agent says no #$%^ way... THEN, I see on rofr VGF contracts going for $150-$155 and I'm like.... *** ???? so frustrating
I do wonder what sites these lower point contracts are coming from. https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/ seems pretty high at times and their small contracts are all "Firm and Full Price Offers Only". Maybe it's because I'm only looking at smaller contracts?

Although the ROFR thread is nice, I also think there is some pressure that people always want to prove they got the "best" deal and post it on there. So this leads to people buying at a price that seems higher that the ROFR thread and not posting since they didn't get the "best" deal, or it would not shock me if a few of the listing (go ahead and flame away) are not shall we say 100% accurate.
That being said there are as always deals to be had, sometimes it's just a matter of luck.

Last edited:
I know some of the brokers work together, or at the very least cross-post listings, as I see the same listing pop up on multiple sites at once. I think its unlikely there is any concerted effort between various brokers to increase the price, as I see the high priced listings are selling, so maybe its just what the market will bear, and it does seem that listings are flying off the shelves right now.

I know I made some offers that weren't accepted, and then the listings disappear a few days later, so I have to assume they got to the price point they were offering me.

I still believe the ROFR thread is a good place to start to base pricing expectations, it gives a good amount of data points in the last few months, but the way the market is right now it seems that those data points are becoming obsolete very quickly.

Its got me wondering if I should put some points up for sale at an inflated price and try my luck.

Although the ROFR thread is nice, I also think there is some pressure that people always want to prove they got the "best" deal and post it on there. So this leads to people buying at a price that seems higher that the ROFR thread and not posting since they didn't get the "best" deal, or it would not shock me if a few of the listing (go ahead and flame away) are not shall we say 100% accurate.
That being said there are as always deals to be had, sometimes it's just a matter of luck.

I've wondered if closing costs and fees are always added in. Sometimes, the math doesn't seem to add up.

I just looked at a whole bunch of deeds on the OCC website for PVB and the numbers were much more in line with ROFR thread (145-150 per point) than the asking prices (155-170) for the size contract we want (around 150). I suspect many sellers start out just looking at list prices not realizing they are overstated--and are egged on by agents who want more commission--and then come down eventually when they realize there are no takers. At least, that's what I'm hoping. Seems silly to pay 170 resale when I could pay not all that much more for Riviera direct and get a blue card.

Just in case OP wants a reference point since they mentioned PVB, our very first DVC offer got turned down. Contract was for 150 points, with no points coming until Aug 2022. OP had listed at $156, we negotiated a bit and offered $146 and were prepared to go up a few dollars more, but no go--seller's agent said they were firm at $154.

Maybe it's because it is a new listing, or maybe prices really are that high right now, but we're going to take a wait and see approach and try making offers for a month or two before I decide if we're unreasonable to want to pay under $150. Famous last words, but I think we are better off waiting, at least until we see actual sales consistently above that price for our point range.

Just in case OP wants a reference point since they mentioned PVB, our very first DVC offer got turned down. Contract was for 150 points, with no points coming until Aug 2022. OP had listed at $156, we negotiated a bit and offered $146 and were prepared to go up a few dollars more, but no go--seller's agent said they were firm at $154.

Maybe it's because it is a new listing, or maybe prices really are that high right now, but we're going to take a wait and see approach and try making offers for a month or two before I decide if we're unreasonable to want to pay under $150. Famous last words, but I think we are better off waiting, at least until we see actual sales consistently above that price for our point range.
Sounds like the same message I received on a very similar (maybe same) contract. Found out today that the contract I offered on is “investor owned“ and they won’t negotiate more than $2 per point. Makes sense to me because the only way to get around the 50% borrowing rule is to transfer out the points to another contract. We are in AUG ‘20 UY currently, so there should be 75 points remaining in the AUG ‘21 UY with the borrowing rule. Sort of irks me that the transferring gets around the 50% rule.

One that is blocked from The Dis Board is really pushy. These are my go to sites.

The Timeshare Store (a DIS sponsor) - http://www.dvc-resales.com
Fidelity Resales - http://fidelityresales.com/
DVC by Resale - http://www.dvcbyresale.com/
Selling Timeshares - http://www.sellingtimeshares.net
DVC Magic Resales - http://www.DVCmagicresales.com
DVC Resale Market - http://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
I am tracking most of these but one was new. Thank you!
Edit - I was not tracking 3 of these!

Last edited:
Sounds like the same message I received on a very similar (maybe same) contract. Found out today that the contract I offered on is “investor owned“ and they won’t negotiate more than $2 per point. Makes sense to me because the only way to get around the 50% borrowing rule is to transfer out the points to another contract. We are in AUG ‘20 UY currently, so there should be 75 points remaining in the AUG ‘21 UY with the borrowing rule. Sort of irks me that the transferring gets around the 50% rule.
Haha, probably was the same thing. Feel bad for their broker--that has to be annoying that they won't negotiate meaningfully.

On the lack of 2021 points, I think it was likely because they were planning a vacation (or renting out their points) sometime after August 1, 2021 (the contract had a "can close after" date in November--my guess was they have a reservation for the anniversary in Oct).

Haha, probably was the same thing. Feel bad for their broker--that has to be annoying that they won't negotiate meaningfully.

On the lack of 2021 points, I think it was likely because they were planning a vacation (or renting out their points) sometime after August 1, 2021 (the contract had a "can close after" date in November--my guess was they have a reservation for the anniversary in Oct).
I have my eye on a contract that I want - not only will the owner not come down from his sky high price; his listing has been out there for months; longer than any others for the resort on the site.

Reminds me of the island where my husband's father has a home. Every single year, certain residents put up a "for sale" sign like clock work - the asking price way beyond the value - hoping a tourist will fall in love with the house and not do any research. Same houses, same for sale signs. Year after Year. They aren't interested in selling - only if they 'hit the lottery',

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter